Feature Creep / Tag & Search facility

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 13:28 Edited at: 22nd Apr 2014 13:29
As we get more and more models / entities it would be great if we could add tags to them (like a hut model having the tags: 'hut', 'building', tropical', 'wooden', etc..) and have a Entity Library search facility so you could, for example, search of everything 'tropical'.

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Also check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 14:13
i would like to see a heirechy tree setup so you could have it like:

-Terrain

-Trees

-list of tree entities

-Rocks

-list of rock entities

-Buildings

-town1

-list of buildings

-characters

-enemies

-list of enemies

-allies

-list of allies

and so on sort of drop down list setups, sort of like in unity as in screenshot below. in this if i open the terrain one it will show all the trees and rocks and everything that i have placed there in that hierachy

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2014 12:12
I was asking for a feature like this for years in FPSC Classic

One thing that i can see becoming a problem too is having these in-game drop-downs in the current UI for skybox, grass and ground. What will happen once you have 50 of each? Will some annoying scroll bar appear? I personally prefer windows UI over graphically pushed interface design. As it just works a lot better with utilizing your windows preference for text point size and etc. Also it handles overflows better. Not sure what will happen once we have an over abundance of items. Its not like we can press a letter and it would automatically skip down to it.

Perhaps that's just me but I never personally was in favor of the TAB display. Though its very well nicely designed.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2014 21:02
From talking with Lee and Rick about the store work it is the intention to make the assets libraries searchable, we are not sure how this will work yet but it will be added in a later build.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Apr 2014 23:48
I'm not meaning the web store, I meant the actually 'Entity / Markers' library in Reloaded itself.

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Also check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Apr 2014 00:09
That is what I meant also the web store will be linked with Reloaded even more but the way you browse inside reloaded will be changed to how you suggest.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 05:13:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 05:13:55