Product Chat / [IDEA] FPSC Reloaded Browser Plugin

Author
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 22:30 Edited at: 6th Jul 2019 21:59
Good evening you awesome FPSCR devs, mods, ladies and gents.

I'm not certain if there has been talk about making FPSCR support multiple platforms in the future, but I would like to know if there may be any plans for this for certain? I'm not talking about the engine being multiplatform compatible on the release date but I would like to know if it is viable seeing that FPSCR is a DirectX exclusive product and DBPro only runs on Windows? MacOS and Linux would be a great start later on.

Back on topic, I've noticed 2 or 3 other game engines allow the user to compile their game as a web app. This means that the creator of the game can allow players to play their game through a web browser. The player would need to install a browser plugin. So to kill two birds (MacOS and Linux) with one stone, would a FPSCR browser plugin perhaps be an easier route for a short term solution?

Here are some interesting links I read up on:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4699173/how-does-unity3ds-web-deployment-work

http://transgaming.com/cider

I know TGC wants the best for FPSCR and so do the users of the software. That's why I'm asking these questions. Supporting more platforms would definitely help with future proofing FPSCR.

Landman
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 22:50 Edited at: 20th Apr 2014 22:59
They could possibly do a poll to see if there would be demand for Mac support but my self would stay away from this its just my opinion ofc

but if they did want to go down that road they could always make it opengl

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU (PASSMARK 6858) 32GB DDR3 MEM (PASSMARK 2842)
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 12:21
Our primary focus at present is to create the best PC experience for FPS game creation so our energies will be directed at that for the foreseeable future. We are working on a cross-platform technology in the background called App Game Kit V2 which will allow full 3D and shader development across many platforms but this will form part of a longer term plan. Right now we want to create a great experience on one platform, and grow from there.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 15:17:44
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 15:17:44