3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Help Importing models from Sketchup

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, I'm quite new when it comes to creating 3d models and scripting etc but I have been slowly learning how to do both (though still struggling with enough). I have started using Sketchup to make some models for Reloaded, I have managed to make a few and load them in Reloaded fully textured however they are always very small.

I have been modelling at 1:1 ratio but even when I scale my models up to stupid sizes in Sketchup they are still the exact same tiny size in Reloaded.

I can get them to be the right size with Entity Workshop 2 but then I can only texture then entire model with a single texture which looks wrong.

Has anyone else had the same problem and found a solution yet because I've been trying t fix it for a couple of days and I'm just stuck?

Thanks
PM
Stevasaurous REX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 14:37
Try importing to blender and scaling there. If you need more info let me know.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 17:51
Sorry if this is out of place, but, if you are just starting out with your modelling 'career', I would suggest using a different software. It's always up to the artist which software is best for them and which offers the feature set that they prefer. However, that being said, I would always recommend Blender to new artists that are learning how to model for game development.

It enables you to model, texture, animate, sculpt, export to a large number of formats (including Direct X).

If you are interested, I have started a series of tutorials; that takes absolute beginners from beginning to end of the modelling process.

Here is the thread for the tutorials.

Cheers

Jay.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 18:17
Quote: "Sorry if this is out of place, but, if you are just starting out with your modelling 'career', I would suggest using a different software. It's always up to the artist which software is best for them and which offers the feature set that they prefer. However, that being said, I would always recommend Blender to new artists that are learning how to model for game development. "

I agree blender would be the way to go

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU (PASSMARK 6858) 32GB DDR3 MEM (PASSMARK 2842)
JDAlderson82
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks a lot for the advice guys, I guess I will give Blender a go and take a look at those tutorials.

Thanks again
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Thanks a lot for the advice guys, I guess I will give Blender a go and take a look at those tutorials.

Thanks again "

They look tough and tried it last night I literally played ..Paused...Did as shown...Played ..Paused etc etc

But after an hour or so I did get this far and found I was remembering what I did

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-21 02:10:14
Your offset time is: 2024-09-21 02:10:14