3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Those gorgeous models : where are they???

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 14:50
Hi all,

I can't believe the realism of some of the screen shots posted on the site! But my question is this :

Where does one find those incredible models like the castle, the dragon, the mausoleum, the interiors, etc....

I'm also wondering if there is any way to create signs, on-screen messages (HUD messages and signs on walls), interior spaces (dungeons?). I love the outdoor engine and it is truly incredible work, but most of my games will take place inside structures and interior settings.

As for all those beautiful models in the screen shots; are those models avaialble anywhere to buy? I'll gladly buy them.

Thanks and keep up the amazing work. This is truly going to be a ground-breaking tool once it's all done.

Tom

www.tomansuini.com
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 15:26
a lot of people have a library of models they have picked up over the years ,& some make there own .

im sure there will be a fair few in the store over the next few weeks,i myself have around 20 ready to upload.

cheers henry

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

As Henry Ham has stated, many of us have collections of several 1000 models. You just build them up over the years.

However, I'm moving this to 3rd Party media, as this board is only for Free media and we are aiming to keep it reserved just for that.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
drewtaylorr
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The dragon model in a lot of the pictures was actually ripped from the game skyrim . I am actually amazed the game creators haven't taken them down because that is definitely a copyright issue . As for the castle and such I would assume they were taken from another game. (: hope that answers your question

Kill or Be Killed
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 18:52
Quote: "The dragon model in a lot of the pictures was actually ripped from the game skyrim"

drewtaylorr have you got any proof of this other than they look alike ?

Quote: "As for the castle and such I would assume they were taken from another game"

please don't make comments like this unless you have proof !

cheers henry

pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 21:41
Been working on a dragon but the rigging and animation makes me go fishing a lot. Some models are not so unlike actual physical models - such as the old "ship in a bottle" - the efforts to complete them successfully with exquisitely detailed form and texture can be enormously time consuming and taxing on the patience of one's desire to occasionally do other things (like eating a sandwich). Then there is the rigging of a skeleton to enable manipulation your creation - although the rigging itself does not guarantee that your baby will have those sought after impressive moves on the dance floor. When you're finally ready to release the masterpiece to the hungry fingers of the game makers, well, hmmm... maybe I've said enough, huh?

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
Emrys
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 20th Apr 2014 23:11
All the dragon models in my scenes are not ripped from any games and some of the castles are from TGC model packs or my own creations.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 7 32Bit, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000, 4GB Ram, 500Gb WD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Apr 2014 03:12 Edited at: 21st Apr 2014 03:40
Quote: "The dragon model in a lot of the pictures was actually ripped from the game skyrim . I am actually amazed the game creators haven't taken them down because that is definitely a copyright issue ."

Quote: "have you got any proof of this other than they look alike ?"

Even if they were from another game there is no copyright issue with screenshots, it's only if the model itself were released to others or even in a built game would there be a problem and that would be the user held responsible not TGC, provided they take steps to prevent it being issued on their site.

People who have simply dropped a model into the engine and taken a screenshot haven't broken any rules nor have they breached any license I am aware of.

I could understand why TGC may not want this going on as it misrepresents the media they make available for Reloaded, but then so does any media that is user created. So perhaps a rule where only stock media is allowed should be enforced....ridiculous right?.

Still, if your going to use media that you didn't create yourself in screenshots you are obliged to say so, particularly if you intend to release or sell it. This applies to all media, even textures, and the original creators license will usually state that you must credit them even it is for free use.

Too many seem to think if they use something which was free it is ok to overlook the fact they should state if any part of their media wasn't created by them and where they got it from...people who sell their games don't want to find themselves held responsible when they breach a license they weren't even aware of. Which at best means they have to replace it all and at worst land in court. At the very least their reputation is ruined through no fault of their own.

In this case I see no reason to jump all over someone who states they got a model from another engine into reloaded and shows a screenshot of it, if in fact this is the case, but then I am no Mod and don't make the rules around here so it's not my call.

End rant.
s4real
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "The dragon model in a lot of the pictures was actually ripped from the game skyrim"

Like rolfy said there no rule that you can't use these models in fpscr and put up a screenshot this is not breaking any copyright laws on the TGC site.

Also you can download free skyrim dragon models that other people have made and released for free and these could be one off them or he made them himself.

You can buy packs for classic and use them in reloaded if you know how to make them work in reloaded and many people are using model packs.

best s4real

Specs :- Amd fx4100(4.0),6gb of ram,

Asus AMD Radeon HD 6670 ,windows 8.1 64 bit version.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:48:11
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:48:11