Product Chat / Stuck in the trees

Author
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 13:40
I've placed a few Spruce 02 (Animated) trees around and I'm getting stuck in the branches to the point where the only thing I can do is end the test game. I realise this isn't a bug but is there someway to remove collision from the branches?

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Also check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 15:02
I have linked this to Rick and he will see what we can do.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 15:22
The new 'Importer' allows physics shapes to be crafted inside entities and exported, and we also have a plan for a new collision mode (51) which will scan the trunk of a tree and create a cylinder collision shape to allow players to sweep around trees smoothly. Right now the tree is using polygon collision which means every polygon is accounted for. As the collision shape is an internal setting it cannot be modified from the IDE, but if you really want a solution right now, you can open the FPE in Notepad by going to: C:\Program Files (x86)\The Game Creators\FPS Creator Reloaded\Files\entitybank\Foliage\Spruce 02 (Animated).fpe and changing collisionmode = 0 and then deleting the associated .BIN file (Spruce 02 (Animated).bin). Remember to restart the software in order to see the effects of this internal collision change. For reference collisionmode=0 will be box collision and collisionmode=11 is no collision whatsoever.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 17:31:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 17:31:20