Feature Creep / Standalone Editing/Game Settings - Level Sizing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello there everyone! I am new here to the FPSC Reloaded forums, but have used FPSC for about 4-5 years now off and on. I have watched it progress all the way to here and have pledged and am excited to see what is to come of it! Anyway, on to my suggestion;

First off, I am sure I am not the only one who feels they could write forever and ever on what they think could be added to FPSC Reloaded to make it better, but if it had to come down to a couple basic things that I believed we needed most of all right now, would be;

- The ability to edit main menu, buttons, titles, HUD and more graphical options in that aspect.

- Multiplayer editing for dev teams to be able to edit a map/source all at once.

- Game options such as multiplayer arenas, player amounts, and etc.

- Also, I feel that when I make a map right now, there is just so much useless land and it's kind of pointless to be there in the first place if someone wants to make an all indoor map.

Well, that is my take on it and hope some of you also feel the same. Great work TGC team! Keep it up! I'm eagerly waiting for future updates and features!

- "Lost in a world of making video games... A LOT more than playing them."
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Apr 2014 12:24
Don't expect any multiplayer functionality any time soon...

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: " Also, I feel that when I make a map right now, there is just so much useless land and it's kind of pointless to be there in the first place if someone wants to make an all indoor map."

in metrics settings there is now terrain size slider, no idea if it actually works I have not tried it yet.

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
SynAcl
Years of Service
User Offline
@Teabone

Oh yes, I know that for sure. There isn't much here as it is. Just a suggestion to look forward too. Can't wait to start playing around with this as it progresses. I joined the FPSCR community at just the right time , the beginning.
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 7th May 2014 00:34
I think this is a good illustration that not everyone's needs are the same. My wish list of must have right now features doesn't include a single one of those. lol. My must have right now list includes stuff like particle systems, advanced scripting functions, playing videos, etc.

I've also had every iteration of FPS Creator, but never really did a whole lot with it until now. Good luck with your projects. Welcome to Reloaded.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 08:58:56
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 08:58:56