Product Chat / Old FPSCreator Models / Items Allowed Usage For Reloaded?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2014 15:26 Edited at: 10th Apr 2014 15:29
I have looked through the forum and it does not seem clear as what content ie. Models / Items, are allowed to be used in reloaded from old FPSCreator or are Not?

allowed to be converted and used in Reloaded.

Can someone please clarify what we can Convert and Use in Reloaded from

old FPSCreator.

As I personaly do not want to waist my time converting stuff that we are not

allowed to use in Reloaded.

Thanks... SuperClark
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
i dont think there is any issues with using the old classic models, of course segments assets wont work, and most of the characters will need seriously looking at for different issues but all packs on sale should be fine.

i have a couple of packs myself + the one's that came with gold pledge, some work without converting or did last time i tried them, (this was before lua though) and tgc are in the process of updating 400 models from the gold pledge selection of packs, (though i doubt if any are characters tbh due to the issues there are with some if not most of them).

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 14:55
I have never seen any restrictions (at least from a legal standpoint) on the classic entities with regard to Reloaded. The only restriction that I'm aware of is that you cannot make the geometry and/or textures readily accessible in any distribution of your game or other means, which is a pretty common and understandable limitation. As far as compatibility, I believe that you are also free to make any modifications you want to suit your needs. I have around 30 packs myself and have converted a couple packs so far. Rather time consuming. I was changing the fpe files to call Lua scripts vs. the fpis, then I quit when I realized that really wasn't making any difference yet, and I wondered what if those changes made them useless in a future beta release? Rather than risk having to "fix" them again, I decided to wait for a few more betas to see where the dust settles.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2014 05:38 Edited at: 13th Apr 2014 22:00
There are no "rules" about stuff like that in regards to using any model packs you have purchased. You can use them inside any TGC project really.

i7 -2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz - Windows 7 - 8GB RAM - Nivida GeForce 420 GT
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2014 08:49 Edited at: 16th Apr 2014 11:37
Quote: "There are no "rules" about stuff like that in regards to using any model packs you have purchased. You can them inside any TGC project really."

Most original TGC packs are compatible and usable within Reloaded providing the models are static, weapons and character will need some extra work. In all cases, if you've doubts about using any media, contact the licence holder for permission and never use anything to which you don't own the rights or have permission to use. Regardless of the licence, unless it's strictly prohibited, it's good practice to make attempts to protect all media using an encryption system and/or a packer before distribution.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 20:34
You can use all my free stuff, as well as the old community packs as they were made with an open license, The only restriction is that you not redistribute any asset for a profit, or claim as your own work. Thanks! -Cos.

Back from the Wasteland.
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:08
As already suggested there are no restrictions on using old classic assets in Reloaded, though we do not support them all natively (that is, there are technical differences between classic and reloaded model items, and so you see some issues arise when using older classic models). We created the 400 legacy model conversions as a bonus for Gold pledgers and to confirm that the conversion process is relatively painless if you wanted to do this yourself.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
is there a guide to doing this lee m8?, step by step for dummies like me lol.. I have greennature 2 and wanted some of the snow tree's for a level but I don't know what to do with the "main.fpe" the other 2 (appear/disappear) I can change for the stock lua versions easily. but I cant find your stock default.lua anywhere to use that instead of the fpe 1.? (or fpi I get confused on the 2 lol)

PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 21:16
In your installed software look in FPS Creator Reloaded\Docs folder for the PDF called Importing models into FPS Creator Reloaded.pdf. It is a guide on creating entities from scratch specifically tailored for Reloaded, and will provide the advice you need to fill in the gaps. Just place default.lua in the MAIN AI script field as this simply means the entity does nothing logical. Also look at other tree FPEs from Reloaded to see how we do things like animating the tree in the editor and the extra field values such as COLLISIONMODE, e.t.c. Once we get the Importer in the software, end users will not have to go through this tedium

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ah, I will just wait for that day to come lee but will read the pdf thanks m8 nice 1...

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 20:12:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 20:12:24