Product Chat / How would you get NPC's to attack each other?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 19:38
Say for example, an NPC shoots another NPC by mistake, how would you get them to retaliate?
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2014 05:51
I'd write a script when that facility is available.

MAME Cab PC: i7 4770@3.4Ghz (passmark 9945), 12GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX645 (passmark 1898); Shiny new laptop: i7 4800MQ@2.7Ghz (passmark 8586), 16GB RAM, Win 8.1/64, GeForce GTX870M (passmark 3598); Old laptop: i5@2.3Ghz, 8GB RAM, Win 7/64, Intel 3000 graphics
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2014 13:07
was hoping for a rather more insightful response.
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2014 20:33
There is no way to do this at the moment so no one can give you any more info. Wait until V1.007 with better AI and new scripting commands then ask the question and people will answer I am sure.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Apr 2014 21:23
Thanks TN.

I don't mean to be short with people but when i ask a question genuinely asking for help, and really struggling with maths and programming when someone comes back with a reply like 'just write a script' for it its like telling someone with ten thumbs to paint a masterpiece painting.

I hope future iterations of FPSCR push the envelope in terms of accomodating people like myself.
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
as TN said there's no AI script now (if you check the blog you will see it is currently being rewritten) so we just don't know how much function will be added as standard and how much will need to be written for ourselves but it sounds promising (Lee has said it should be fully scriptable by the user by the end)

http://fpscreloaded.blogspot.co.uk/

personally i have always failed at AI so i can't offer any theory but it should be easier to figure out when we see how the implemented system works, wish i could offer more help

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
tommy8 and all.

If you wait a while and keep Reloaded close - and ask Lee and the team nicely they may - and we may be lucky enough to see a range of AI behaviours come along - both by default and out of the box for those of us who are not expert scripters leave alone Artificial Intelligence design experts.

Additionally I am sure that some kind users who will extend via LUA the AI range of scripts and kindly share them perhaps in some instances.

Of course all of that depends upon the support that the core will provide for, to allow and accommodate the possibilities for extending the AI beyond a basic behaviour set.

Initially you may have to accept that it will not provide a vast array of AI behaviors.

Presumably TGC would wish to though consider developing the AI system/core to allow for further expansion so that more AI features might be possibly added later.

You can I am sure use your imagination as to what that might possibly or potentially provide for....sometime later perhaps if not now when the product is a little more mature and hopefully that day will come as soon as possible.

There are many things that could potentially include and no doubt TGC would like to include if it was at all possible to the benefit of the users, the product and TGC themselves.

At the end of the day one can only extend AI or anything else within the limitations of the core and what it provides for internally. Given the necessary internal engine support is in place.

As said ask nicely I think and TGC would hopefully respond as they have done so to date.

No doubt eventually at least Reloaded will provide a reasonable level of AI out of the box.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 14:39:31
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 14:39:31