3rd Party Models/Media Chat / fps creator and Dark

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Does anyone know if the old creator models and any of the dark game studios will work with reloaded? Or are there any plans to add that support?

I am new here and looked for the message but didn't find much but a few small questions.
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 18:37 Edited at: 10th Apr 2014 15:07
I have personaly converted over 100 of the FPSCreator Sci-Fi Pack

items,Characters and apart from items that do not work as yet

Lifts, transporters, doors, switches, normal items like furniture or

collectables all work fine in Reloaded.

It might be an idea if the permission was given that people who have been

able to convert old stock items be allowed to pass them on to others in the

forum.

But thats upto the Big Boys to decide not me.

anyways most stuff works apart from stuff stated.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2014 06:30 Edited at: 10th Apr 2014 06:34
While that's a great idea, unfortunately, nobody has distribution rights to the actual models except TGC and the artist(s) who created those assets. It hasn't been announced (as far as I've seen, a lot of threads out there already, might have missed a few) exactly how they intend to use the old model packs in the way of compatibility. Hell, they gave us (every gold pledger) 10 model packs that aren't even compatible to begin with (out of the box)! I have converted several myself. It would be nice of them to perhaps allow us to upload our converted files (they could, of course, verify compatibility, check for viruses, etc) to their site so they could be distributed to those who are licensed to use said assets. That would require the original artist's approval, I'm sure, but it would save them some time if they were ever planning on compatibility in the first place. Kind of a way for some people (myself especially) to give back to a community that has taught me so much over the past 10 years or so!
PM
Electronic Scavenger
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I have been looking at maybe picking up Dark, but was wanting to know if it will or can be used with the new reloaded. It looks like it might be a big help. I saw where it can be used with the original, but I haven't seen much on what can be used with Reloaded (and I know it's still early and some might not can be answered) I would like to see if they plan to do it or not.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 15:13
Are you referring to DarkMatter? I have the first one myself, have never tried them in fpsc or reloaded (it's been many years since I even loaded DarkMatter on a machine), but if I recall correctly, they were in directx or at the very least dbo format, so they should be compatible. I do recall they are extremely low-poly and really don't look as nice as the actual fpsc model packs! DarkGame Studio is a great bargain regardless, especially if you want to get into programming in DBPro. I've had DBPro for over ten years and I just picked up DarkGame Studio a few weeks back because that was cheaper than buying a couple of the add-ons separately.
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Apr 2014 18:04
I will mention the idea of uploading compatible pack changes for approval as I think this will help the community, this does not mean you can upload anything to the forums however that would be a breach of AUP.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
Vortigern
Years of Service
User Offline
I'd really like to second this. I have tonnes of FPSC models (especially all the sci-fi and zombie apocalypse packs) and since I've already spent so much money on them, it would be really nice to get compatible versions for FPSC-R, although I'll settle for a step-by-step tutorial on converting them, if there is one available.
PM
Super Clark
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2014 18:39 Edited at: 1st May 2014 18:52
It is quite simple to convert some old models Funiture and items

but segments or prefabs will not work.

I have put a TuT in Faq & Tuts Section.

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208432&b=13
PM

Login to post a reply