3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Blender -> Animer?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 04:21
Can animated characters made in Blender or makehuman be made FPSCR ready through animer?

If so how is it done?

Thanks in advance.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 04:54
I don't know about Makehuman, but Blender characters should be FPSCR ready right out of Blender. Currently, you will have to use the skeleton of the soldiers and rig your character accordingly in Blender, and export as Direct X. Eventually, we should be able to use our own character animations as we could in FPSC. If you need more detail as to how to do that in Blender, I would recommend looking at some of the videos made by the locals here, along with other Blender tutorials on YouTube. They have done a fantastic job! Sadly, there is not enough time or space here to do a write-up on that particular task.
PM
Rafhalzer
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 09:27
At present time, to work in FPSCR a character should to have FPSC Classic or Reloaded skeleton and Reloaded animationset.

Moreover, the .x file should be exported in an appropriate way.

I don't know BLENDER but for example FRAGMOTION can't export well for FPSCR - the character is deformed (refers to classic character with imported reloaded animationset).

Rafhalzer

ANIMER - Character Animations Editor.

Edit and create your own animations of FPSC characters.

Supports DirectX and DBO formats.
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 18:49 Edited at: 9th Apr 2014 00:05
i'm currently working on making non-human characters that the current reloaded animations would not be applicable to. What do i do if i need to create custom animations?

I should probably explain. I am at the stage where i can make .x models in blender that are fully textured, rigged and animated but they are not necessarilly generic soldiers. Sometimes they are animals or humanoid-ish (zombies or monsters for example). I need to know the process for making these FPSCR ready without the aid of stock assets such as skeletons or stock animations. Is it just a question of using the correct lua scripting? If so is there any examples or copypasta i can learn from?
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 03:49 Edited at: 9th Apr 2014 03:52
It's really just a question of patience. First off, you can't really do much in the way of custom animations. YET. The animations of the soldiers' skeletons are hard coded into the engine at this time. (That's why you need them if you're just dying to get your character in the game.) Lua has no real control over skeletal animations at this time. It will. About the best you can currently do (that I'm aware of) is if you have an animated object that loops, you can make it do that; just edit the fpe file: Animate in editor = 1. I believe you can trigger that in Lua as well, in fact, I think I accidentally did it once, but since it wasn't my goal, that script went away EDITI may have even posted it around here somewhere now that I think about it). As far as making your characters future ready for reloaded from blender, simply export as direct x, checking the boxes that apply. I can't remember off the top of my head which ones, but they were pretty self-explanatory, worked the first time, maybe the second. You need your fpe file set up for you character/object, and that and all textures named appropriately in the same folder. Using Animer apparently takes care of some of that but I don't know for sure. Even so, you still won't have working custom animations. YET. Also, check out the videos and other tutorials for a step-by-step. I guarantee you will learn something!
PM
Rafhalzer
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 10:16
@tommy8

Jerry Tremble is right - you will be able to use custom animations in the future (LUA scripts).

You can check if your creatures are compatible with the current version of FPSCR.

Just import your creature into FPSCR as character. Because o

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:46:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:46:20