Product Chat / Under my small town

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 01:35
This was something i was working on before i ran out of memory my plan is for enterable buildings there will be a level with all the insides in sections

but for this to happen i will need to somehow work out a spawn script of sort so you teleport to the correct location do you guys think this will be possible ?

Ps it is floating as it has its own ground so will be good if the option to have no terrain is implemented.

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU (PASSMARK 6858) 32GB DDR3 MEM (PASSMARK 2842)
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 03:45
I think it's quite possible as long as "levels" aren't linear as they seemed to be in FPSC (I only played with it for a couple months, but I understood that once you moved to a new level, you couldn't go back). The teleporters in FPSC worked well, and with the size of the world available to us now, it could be "faked" pretty easily. I have dabbled in something similar in DBPro, and simply destroyed my current world and replaced it with a new one, and vice-versa. To make Reloaded all that they envision, it would almost have to be a feature, or something a clever Lua scripter could implement. (I'm thinking Avram or DVader). BTW, your city looks awesome! Someday I may strap on my Oculus Rift and take a tour of it. (Hopefully fully armed, of course)
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 08:38 Edited at: 8th Apr 2014 08:42
Hi,

Excellent work on the city, it looks great.

Once Beta 1.006 is out of the door and we have a fast, stable engine to work from, we'll be focusing on AI and LUA scripting. This will enable us to look at starting to look at additional features, such as teleports (which is a pretty easy feature to code compared to some requests .)

That said, I think everyone will agree that a focus on creating great AI should be the priority, and we've learnt our lessons that trying to do too much too quickly can often cause delays. So, the plan is AI.... LUA (How much is added here for Beta 1.007, relys on how long the AI takes).

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 11:15
Whoohoo more lua

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
personally i want 2 way area transitions linked by x/y co ords maybe even x/y/z co ords, i dont think it would be to hard to do its been done in other older engines.

just a case of linking doors to maps and back again. aurora engine does this and even has a setup wizard to make it even easier and that was 10 years ago.. so if reloaded cant do this relitively easily then something is going wrong somewhere imo..

@tattie

are the buildings from tgc m8 or from somewhere else they look cool from what i can see of them lol, or did you model them yourself or something??

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 11:51 Edited at: 8th Apr 2014 11:57
Hi guys thanks for the feedback

@Jerry Tremble
Quote: "I understood that once you moved to a new level, you couldn't go back"

I hope this isn't the case m8 as some games are based on that idea.

@Scene Commander
Quote: "we'll be focusing on AI"

Now this is good to hear as the AI is missing a few marbles lol

@almightyhood
Quote: "area transitions linked by x/y cords maybe even x/y/z cords"

This is something i would also like and it would make sense to add it.

Quote: "are the buildings from tgc"
No m8 made them myself most are boxes so were easy to do.

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU (PASSMARK 6858) 32GB DDR3 MEM (PASSMARK 2842)
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "No m8 made them myself most are boxes so were easy to do."

well then nice work m8, looks the part .

was kinda hoping they was from tgc so I could get some hahaha, but ohwell guess I have to wait on the conkit

I did get a few buildings from tgc but they be destroyed and ruins like, not nice clean n tidy buildings lol...

PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 12:30
Thanks yea conkit will be good the other problem i am having with this is the object select say i place anything in the town say a car or a tree

it is almost impossible to pick it back up it keeps trying to move the roads or a building

@almightyhood i will be giving away skyscrapers but i just haven't had the time to work on the textures.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "@almightyhood i will be giving away skyscrapers but i just haven't had the time to work on the textures."

cool, would save a lot of time, conkit will be fun but skyscrapers would take some time planning and restarts I would think!! and without lifts to take you up higher a lot of stairs lol...

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice looking city. Must have taken ages to model all those. I am guessing you duplicate a few, but still, that looks like a lot of modelling and texture work there!

I'm pretty sure teleporting will be added later on, either as a basic option or a script. Teleporting around the same level would be easy enough. Even between levels should be fairly easy, but could add complications such as remembering what state you left each level in and adding some loading time, which obviously wouldn't be the case for a single level. I've already requested these and other options, but until work is done on performance and such we will have to wait I guess.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 260GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 20:07
Quote: " I am guessing you duplicate a few"

Your right some are duplicates with different textures and some are the same all together but spaced out so you don't notice as much but its pretty big almost fills the map .

The complications could be solved by some way like saving the map as you exit that way its the same way you left off not sure but i suppose as you said we will see.

StevenP
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice looking town! Great work.
PM
Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 22:13
As soon as we are able to control player's X,Y an Z position in LUA, making an in-level teleport will be a breeze. Cross level teleport would depend on engine's support.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2014 22:43
Thanks guys i have asked for it to be implemented in the feature Creep if anyone also thinks this would be a good feature i suggest you post also

Masterskitz
Years of Service
User Offline
I think this would be an awesome feature to have implemented.

I've just completed my last model for my stargate game. While it is still in dire need of textures, the blender bake still gives it a nice feel.

I just hope this can be implemented sooner rather than later.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 21:50:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 21:50:37