3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Sea waves models, is it possbile?

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 21:07 Edited at: 1st Apr 2014 21:08
Hey

Is it possible to import sea waves 3d models into fps creator? As static animated models

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecMmGB2v3_w
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2014 15:45
The problem with fluid simulations is that the don't generate Position, Rotation, or scale changes as keyframe animation. Something that the xfile in it limited way can use. Xfiles cant use morph data either, so this is a pretty impossible task using a model in the direct x version we have.

You could try baking the animation, but I fear it will not work either.

Good luck.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2014 16:47 Edited at: 2nd Apr 2014 17:53
Already did this for Classic it works real well too if done correctly but not something you want to do with vertex animation. You create a wave model and scroll the texture over the surface, something I have had real difficulty implementing into Reloaded shaders and appears none of the shader guru's around here wants to get into helping me with.

Wave in

Wave out

These waves have been twisted 180 degrees and folded back on themselves so they flow in and out using a single texture, you might be able to fix the shader but at the moment doing it yourself is the only option available to you

Once I have more time I may get into looking at the Reloaded shaders again and see if I can't get this going, there are many things that need it, but for now you have to wait.

This is the most efficient way to create these effects. Morph animation would be an easy thing to bring in if you created a key per frame for each morph target as .x does store vertex info per frame, but it has timing issues in game engines and not very efficient on cpu.
StevenP
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice screenshots, Rolfy!
PM
Slaur3n
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Apr 2014 18:26
just what i was looking for. Nice work Rolfy I hope you can help me out with this when you have the time

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:12:00
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:12:00