Feature Creep / Scriptable Editor - So Developers Can Extend it

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 20:14 Edited at: 1st Apr 2014 20:20
I would love to see the ability for developers such as myself to extend the Reloaded editor either through scripting, plugins or modules. Scripting with LUA would work provided we had a way to create a tool window for settings. This would enable some of the development work load to be offset to developers in the community. It would also enable Reloaded to be taken in directions the original developers did not envision (take, for example, being able to select an enemy or NPC and through sliders and selections create unique AI for it - in the background the appropriate LUA scripts would be generated - or one that enables the user to create the logic for quests, etc. Of course for some of these type of things we would need to be able to add customizable markers.)

Obviously, I would not want you to set this as a priority but when you get closer to the end it would be a great and very useful feature.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
I could tell from your first post around here you had good ideas and skills and it's the reason I wanted to encourage you to come on board, reckon your going to have a shiny valued member badge someday

It may be sometime before you actually get the chance to get your teeth into anything beefy with Reloaded but in the meantime keep it coming.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
This is an interesting idea, but I suspect it will be a long time in the future, if ever. Still, all suggestions are welcome and it's amazing the ideas people come up with.

Keep them coming..

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 14:23:45
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 14:23:45