Product Chat / Blender. How to Unwrap, Texture and Bake for use in Reloaded.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all. This is a video showing the basics of UV unwrapping, setting seams and baking Blender materials to a texture.

I hope this helps anyone wanting to make media in Blender, but struggling with texturing and such.

tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2014 03:57
Modelling, texturing etc is the easy part.

Rigging, weight painting and animating is where it gets to be a real pain!
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Not done much on animation as yet, bar a bit of basic rotation and stuff. Played about with a pre-rigged model with bones, but so far any attempt to get an animation into Reloaded has not worked. I think they do not work yet, but I have reported this to the powers that be. Of course it could be me, but from what I have heard custom bone anims don't work yet. You may have had better luck possibly. Also, many people don't know how to do this, so I thought it would be a useful vid. Especially for anyone just wanting to add basic props to their scenes.

SPECS: Q6600 CPU. Nvidia 260GTX. 8 Gig Memory. Win 7.
Dosedmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
How to you guys export your blender models for in game? I am not sure if I am setting up the collision options correctly... although I wonder if this will be fixed with the FPSCR importer tool in later versions.
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 02:39 Edited at: 9th Apr 2014 02:50
Dosed Monkey-

Exporting from blender isn't a problem, the exporter for blender supports .x format already. However making your Blender character or weapon FPSCR ready seems to be an entirely different matter and nobody seems certain how to do it. A couple of people mentioned you need to rip the skeleton and animations from the stock combat or masked soldier but this isn't particularly helpful advice, particularly if you are wanting to make characters other than generic grunts such as animals. I am still waiting for a intuitive, comprehensive tutorial for somewhere, also on how to make your own custom weapons using blender.

I will say, I was able to open my fully textured and rigged blender model in animer with some success, but it is not clear to me if it is recognising the rigify skeleton because the model material does not seem to respond or deform correctly to the animating handles. Perhaps it is necessary to apply custom animations first? I was under the impression that animer had animation tools built in. Wish i had known better before i dropped thirty quid on it. I am not clear on what animer can do that Blender can't.
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 03:57
You simply can't do it yet!!!!
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Apr 2014 05:28
this is a major cause of annoyance.
PM
BarZaTTacKS
Years of Service
User Offline
I am just simply trying to learn how to make random objects and get them into FPSC :Reloaded. Will the above tutorial get me that?
PM
tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2014 18:21 Edited at: 4th May 2014 18:22
The most important part of making a blender model FPSCR ready seemts to be ensuring you have the six files ready outlined in the acrobat document that comes with the software; the fpe file, the 3 .dds files, the .x file and the .bmp file. Even if you are a blender pro it won't matter unless you have the above items. I would recommend using GIMP and milkshape in tandem with blender.

I have managed to extract some blender made objects into FPSCR with various degrees of success.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 18:00:45
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 18:00:45