Product Chat / Weekly News - March 31st

Author
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2014 11:56
Hi Community,

The Weekly News is now ready to read.

A very exciting time now, we're rocking the development!

Rick

Development Director

TGC Team
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2014 12:01
Can't wait ! great work

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 7 32Bit, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000, 4GB Ram, 500Gb WD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 31st Mar 2014 14:44
Just hope conkit and model importer is included...couldn't careless about any thing else, thought I should care...
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Should everything go to plan we would expect a release some time next week to all pledgers."

Ok Im Drooling now... Its just not good wishing your life away but cant wait till next week
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm fairly certain that none of the addons will be released in the next version. I think it will be all about the performance and memory issues mainly. But who knows? I can only go on Lee's blogs and any news on the forums and such.

Not seen too much on the importer and tbh am not really that bothered about it myself. It will make things easier, but it's not really a life saver for me.

From what I have seen of the Constructor it is not ready to release as yet (although, even in it's current state it would still be fun to try). So that is doubtful. As far as I know, little work has been done on it since the last video, as the coder was moved onto converting the grass code into C++. This is only going from forum posts and Lee's blog.

From all reports I imagine 1.6 will be faster, have more efficient memory use, less buggy and have proper support for the game store. Anything else, they have kept under their hats

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2014 01:04
Our philosophy for this beta has been relatively simple. Put everyone on the team working on performance, stability and memory improvements. This focus has allowed us to make considerable strides and the bugs have very few places to hide with so much light shining on them. Once we get the universal nod from the community that these objectives have been met in beta 1.006 we will look at the next most offensive issue and turn our collective torches on that spot. I do not think that will be any module, and more likely to be script and AI work, which will provide you with the power to create an infinite variety of game logic and in-game characters that behave in a believable way.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 13:36:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 13:36:36