Product Chat / Pre-Purchase Questions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2014 21:40 Edited at: 30th Mar 2014 21:42
Hopefully I posted in the right section but if not feel free to move this.

I am very interested in purchasing Reloaded but I had a few questions first. I realize that this will be a long term Beta (with the understanding that some of the answer will be - 'Yes, it is planned'.)

1. Is the intention to enable the Lua scripting to access\control\modify most everything in the game world (I am a System Architect\Developer by trade and this level of control is important.)

2. Is there a limit to the size\design of the characters (for example, could I create large and\or very small insects, robots, for example?)

3. Could I change the camera view in such a way as to appear it comes from something as small as an ant's POV to a larger entity's?

4. What is the end goal of the constructor, i.e. will I be able to construct buildings that can be viewed from outside and explored on the inside?

5. Can I just plop a model on any spot in the map and specify attributes about it (physics, animations, obstruction\walk-through, etc.)

6. Support for CastAR (for both augmented reality using the retro-reflective material and their VR modes.) This is supposed to be very easy to add.

7. Can I write modules\expansions for Reloaded?

It looks very good and I realize that there are currently several limitations. I can accept some if they will be worked on and within a certain amount of time (i.e. 6-9 months for some (such as scripting limitations) and longer for others.) I think working with developers that are open to their community of users is awesome and I think that will be a fun part of working with this product.
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2014 22:31 Edited at: 30th Mar 2014 22:51
You can expect most of the above to be implemented most of which will be definable using Lua scripting. More commands for Lua are likely to be introduced at every Beta stage till all aspects of your game can be customised. Believe it or not their intention is that there is no footprint on your games at all other than your own.

No limit within reason to scale for anything (too small wont be seen, too large it wont fit in the level) Camera height will probably be scripted, it's up to us to request it.

They have already started Oculus Rift support for VR so it's unlikely they will switch to another (might change since Facebook started funding ORift but who knows), all the same if it's an easy implementation they might still add others.As a pledger you could request it and see how it goes, if they like the idea it goes in

I really don't see this software going open source but they may find a way for plug ins and modular add ons, can't answer this with any certainty as I am not a programmer.

The construction kit is intended to be be able to construct buildings that can be viewed from outside and explored on the inside and a lot more besides.

In a nutshell you should pledge, you are going to get almost everything you seek above and maybe some extras too.
StevenP
Years of Service
User Offline
As far as my seventh question I am talking more add-ons\plug-ins. I wouldn't expect this to go open source.

It's looking really good so far! I'll start my sales pitch to my wife when she gets home. (yes, I'm one of those husbands that has to run everything by their wife first )
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Mar 2014 22:52 Edited at: 30th Mar 2014 23:05
Quote: "It's looking really good so far! I'll start my sales pitch to my wife when she gets home. (yes, I'm one of those husbands that has to run everything by their wife first )"
I feel your pain, tell her it will get you out of her hair

I always tell mine it's for research...works every time....most women understand a man's need for a toolshed.
MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2014 00:46
LOL, My wife bought mine for me.

mk83 Productions

PM
StevenP
Years of Service
User Offline
It took some time and patience but she gave in. I'm downloading it now!
PM
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Enjoy, and we're here if you need any assistance.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2014 15:40 Edited at: 31st Mar 2014 15:40
Also check out the FAQ as it will help.

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207202&b=13

Check out the [FPSC Reloaded FAQ]!

Also check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: [href=http://https://www.youtube.com/user/MadLadDesigns] MadLad's Gaming Channel[//href]
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 00:44 Edited at: 1st Apr 2014 00:49
@StevenP

Warning !!

If this is the first time you have seen a FPS Creator tool like it was for me your first thought will be ( My God is that it !! )

I expected something that looked very complex but for something so powerful the interface lo
PM
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 12:15
Hi,

Yes we do our best to keep the design as simple as possible so that anyone can make a game. The devil will be in the detail and he'll live in the LUA scripting! That will come in the versions to follow.

Rick

Development Director

TGC Team
StevenP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Apr 2014 17:49 Edited at: 1st Apr 2014 17:50
I do admit the interface look overly simplistic (I thought "This is it? This is what I paid a lot of money for?") but by reading the FAQ I found most of the extra functionality is in the short-cut keys.

The scripting has gotten me excited. As long as its well documented (what I can can access, modify, etc.)

There are a few things I don't like about the terrain making tools:

1. Raising the ground only seems to make sharp pointy stalagmites. I want to make small and large rounded hills, as well (maybe it can now but I don't know how to.)

2. I need to be able to select from different grass models, and terrain textures. At this point the textures will make everything look generic (although I do like the grass.)

3. The water level is too low and I would really like different water types (ex. some place I water murkier water, bogs, ponds, etc.)

Oh, and this can be put in the Feature Creep, as well, but I would like there to be different biomes if we need. I realize that would be down the road.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
@StevenP

A lot of what you list has already been mentioned so your not alone but great terrain can be made with practice even as it stands.. The level tool I use constantly to remove awful peaks....Water is also in its early stages so don't go thinki
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Apr 2014 00:57
Answers:

1. Raising the ground only seems to make sharp pointy stalagmites. I want to make small and large rounded hills, as well (maybe it can now but I don't know how to.)

LEE: You can use the + and - keys to increase the size of the terrain shaping brush, which will allow you to create more dumpy hills instead of points.

2. I need to be able to select from different grass models, and terrain textures. At this point the textures will make everything look generic (although I do like the grass.)

LEE: At this stage you can only change the grasses model to a different style using the TAB TWICE and veg drop-down slider panel. The idea of spraying different combinations of grass is definitely on our radar as this will make the floor much more realistic (same with trees and shrubs too).

3. The water level is too low and I would really like different water types (ex. some place I water murkier water, bogs, ponds, etc.)

LEE: I have avoided adding much water related features at this stage as there is a strong community push to have 'water pools' instead of a water plane, which would turn our present water plane into a simple large water pool. We can then have multiple water pools and allow editing on them for height, volume, other effects, e.t.c.

Right now you will find we are pretty single minded and are focusing on performance, stability and memory usage so it runs well on a variety of 'real-world' systems (rather that the super elite gaming rigs most of us do not have).

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

StevenP
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee, thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer my questions. At this point I can see where you're headed with this product and I love the direction you're taking it.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Apr 2014 20:54
My thanks - we have a LONG way to go, but I'm enjoying the ride and the destination is SO awesome I'm keeping some of it a surprise!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Saad jumani
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2014 12:54
Guys. This might sound a little stupid because im ordering anything from internet for the first time, but will they send a DVD or something or will I start downloading FPSC-R(and whatever else comes with the gold pledge) as soon as I make the payment? because if they are going to post it to my address it could take weeks to send it from UK to here in Pakistan.
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Apr 2014 12:58
@Saad jumani you can download it almost right away.

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 (PASSMARK 9529) 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU (PASSMARK 6858) 32GB DDR3 MEM (PASSMARK 2842

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 18:49:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 18:49:56