3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [LOCKED] Wizardofid's models

Author
User Banned
Posted: 28th Sep 2014 22:46
I'm not so sure I like the floor with the sparse bricks and granular looking parts. Seems a bit odd and doesn't quite look like a typical dungeon.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0085
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2014 00:51
my mouth just drop

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Blown away here
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 29th Sep 2014 05:58
Quote: "I'm not so sure I like the floor with the sparse bricks and granular looking parts. Seems a bit odd and doesn't quite look like a typical dungeon."
Yip I agree, which why quick engine test jobs is important :p
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2014 10:11
Two items on the list, the roof vet got some TLC, and the arch pillar need some TLC as well it had a nasty seam... and was too plain, a few extra polygons however I already did some reduction more that what I have added so all good :p

One quick engine test some polygon reduction then I can start making the rest of the stuff...

ETA is about 2 weeks, However I am pushing for this weekend, but will not do so at the expense of quality, I want this to be my flagship pack
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2014 15:39 Edited at: 29th Sep 2014 15:39
Engine test went out the door as I spend a few hours on the WIP for the access corridor, but that is it then for the day, might do so work to night, but did a full day, depends how guilty I feel for leaving it high and dry till tomorrow :p

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 16:20
Was mostly a day of doing other stuff, so not much to show did manage, to do the cross junctions and tjuction's and deadend's.

one notable addition I want to show the is why the change in pillars, is pillar destruction, will be adding loose bricks and loose floor bricks as entities so you can build up or scatter object around the level to create.Next item in the agenda, is to give every thing a once over and make sure every uvmap is perfect and then moving on to the bottom part of the dungeon, also looking at adding some rock roofs and floors to further compliment, however just an idea for now is doing semi modular cave sections, but perhaps a little beyond the scope, will have to wait and see.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 20:49 Edited at: 30th Sep 2014 20:51
Very nice, the vaulted ceiling came out real good. I like the texturing, Wish I could see light mapped. I bet it looks stunning.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 21:23 Edited at: 30th Sep 2014 21:28
Thanks

Added some TLC to the walls, not sure which one to keep, might just add both

Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2014 23:15 Edited at: 30th Sep 2014 23:15
These are exquisite! I could have saved a lot of time getting an old ramshackled architecture kit into reloaded if I knew you where doing these

Quote: "might just add both"

Please do!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 08:57
@Wolf lol I will now conveniently wait until such time you have completed projects to release mine :p

Started working on the bottom section, not sure what to do a single section excluding the bottom floor weighs in at 32 000 polygon, a section is 450 x
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2014 14:52
Corridors taking shape :p

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2014 10:30
WIP of the bridge

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Oct 2014 14:46
Bridge was a mission, phew!

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 13:40
I am dying to do an engine test....but not worth it at this point in time.

I am pretty happy with the final result so far....decided on going back to the flat floor, as a compromise for polygon reduction.

Final result of the bridge added a default stock AI for correct scale....bottom section is a tight, fit I am considering making an extra, extra large cavern, lots of pillars ect...

Bolt Action Gaming
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Oct 2014 18:22 Edited at: 3rd Oct 2014 18:25
Those catacombs look fantastic

I can't get over how well it looks even with the 'sunlight still being present indoors issue'.

Mind if I ask what settings you're running to make it look so clean as a night/dark scene?

Please check out my reviews blog

http://fpscreloadedreview.blogspot.com
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 02:25
The images aren't on reloaded

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2014 20:45 Edited at: 4th Oct 2014 20:48
Eureka reloaded is not crisp and clean

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2014 20:11
Been hard at work slicing goodies into more manageable chunks, also added a stair case for the bridge so slowly but surely every is falling in place just takes a fair amount of time to get every thing sliced to the right size

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2014 16:09
I'd never dare to attempt making this kind of architecture have multiple interconnected stories!
A lot of respect from my camp for pulling that off so well!

-Wolf

“There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.”
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 07:44
Hi guys just a heads up as always on my birthday I like doing specials, have been doing so the last couple of years, this year is no exception.(tomorrow)

So will be running some store specials as well as some free items for the next 24 hours. Obliviously I will give the go ahead once the items have been marked down and has been approved.

Again thanks for all your support this past year and I look forward to supplying some new goodies for the year to come

Win7 pro, Intel 2500K @3.7ghz 660GTX 8gig ram 16tb HDD
Isagabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Happy Birthday
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 09:40
Happy birthday for tomorrow WOI.

Very generous of you to give gifts on your birthday.

Cheers

Jay.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 10:14
It's all approved, and thanks for the well wishes

The wood bridge/broken is 10 points
The arch bridge is free
Scifi wall pack is 200 points
Bunker pack 600 points
The wood wall pack is free
Sewer pack is 600 points
The dam wall is a 100 points.

Enjoy !

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 10:45
I just went to the store and grabbed a few items. I already own the majority of your stuff anyway! haha.

It's funny that you are offering reduced price stuff. I compiled a pack of my stuff and have reduced it until Christmas!

I mentioned your reduced media in my thread as I think more people need to know about your cool work.

Cheers

Jay.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
happy birthday

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Nov 2014 19:06
happy birthday fella

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Happy Birthday !!

I also already own a majority of your stuff but I will take a look and see what's on offer
All the models are amazing though so at lower prices I recommend them all ..
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2014 13:44
For it is patiently, that we await the unleashing of the fantasy props by the great wizard of id.
but still...would it be not in our place to ask for an update?

-Wolf

79% Sale on my latest Scifi Modelpack. Get it here!
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2014 14:21
Quote: "For it is patiently, that we await the unleashing of the fantasy props by the great wizard of id.
but still...would it be not in our place to ask for an update? "

Hiya wolf, Yeah update is in order. Some time next month, working full time on a project for TGC, once that is finished, I might get around to it still need to finish off morning mountain stroll as well, so store media is taking a bit of a back seat, as there is deadlines/obligations to be met.

What I can tell you is that, there will be new stock content for reloaded in the coming weeks :p

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2014 08:47 Edited at: 24th Nov 2014 08:49
whoops ! image error

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2014 21:07
Hi guys.

Modeling wise I am done for the day, been an interesting day for the new content, had lots of fun with the new content, would have liked to have put out a few screens, but that is not possible right now. So will keep it a surprise.

However I do have some advise and feedback on the new content I created.For the project I am working on both entailed creating a level and new content.Would like to talk about the experience so far, it's being rather interesting and a lot of head scratching for the most part.

Choosing a theme was pretty straight forward, did my research for the project spend nearly two days gathered over 200 reference pics, you can never have enough reference pics to work from.Spend another 5 days trying to get some ideas and content done but each and every time it failed miserably.Just didn't work out or lacked that oomph I was looking for.

Even spend one of those 5 days playing some game to get some inspiration from those games that had a similar theme, nothing worked. Frustration set in, and having to work with a deadline of about 130 hours which I already wasted 25 of.

Decided to do my usual thing, with theme in mind, to just wing it :p So far it's working out pretty well and some interesting stuff as a result.The biggest frustration was that the idea I had in mind doesn't fit in well with reloaded design, if I could have created primitives from with in the editor things would have been easier and a lot more detailed than I planned.

Went back to the lego block design reloaded uses as it has never let me down in the past, am 70% done :p but that is mostly due to putting in 12 hours a day for the last week, I still have another 2 weeks left to fine tune and add more objects and create a more complete level.

I found that working under a deadline is considerably more difficult and lots of people will have problems with it lets not forget the added pressure of waiting to provide a good impression on all involved, some may be aware for those are not, TGC asked me to look at sprucing up the escape demo, they originally wanted me to edit the level as is and fix it up.

I suggested creating a completely new level and new content, and pitched a game design idea, estimated hours, estimate new content.This could have been done slightly more professional, during emails the back and forth decided on writing an email dotting down my idea, while it was fresh in my mind.

So it was relative informal thing, would have preferred doing the normal route of creating a proper game design doc, but any ways used my game level morning mountain stroll as a reference for this project.

Though morning mountain stroll lacks game play mechanics considering inability to script and the lacking features at that time.M M S follows a path up a mountain pretty straight forward. Well that level contains 4000 + objects and a 100 AI and at any given time without the camera rendering distance reduce to a mere 8% a million polygons are being rendered.

Unfortunately the theme used for the escape demo, doesn't allow for same approach nor did I want it to be, the escape is now divided into 3 sections start/ mid and end, each having a different visual approach as well as having new entities in each section.Having been given complete art direction and reign over the project and having set a goal list, for terrain usage at it's center piece secondary only to the weapons and AI.

Previously I hinted at a lush enviroment, but taking into account the level needs to be prebaked in a reasonable amount of time, it was decided to go with the reduced approached.So far I am happy to report, that if done right the minimalist approach can work well, after a lot of head scratching and frustration, I am hopping that I am creating some thing that I can be proud of and that the users can proudly say that was created with reloaded and whoever plays the demo is happy.

I don't think I added any spoilers :p You guys know it's killing me to share some screens, but this one is going to stay a complete surprise till the final sign off.Thanks for reading...:p

granada
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2014 23:52
Keep at it,remember at the the end of the day enjoy it.Thats what its all about.

Dave

AMD Phenom(tm)IIx6 1090t Processor 3.20 GHS

8.00 GB memory Windows 7 64 bit

Nvida Geforce GTX 580
PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 00:36
Well it tells me release of new v9 aint out for a few weeks. So that is something to know

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 03:12 Edited at: 30th Nov 2014 10:25
Quote: "Well it tells me release of new v9 aint out for a few weeks. So that is something to know"
Nope, deadline is unrelated to 1.009, 1.009 will be done when it's done This demo won't be out in two weeks either, it will be done and when it's done too Any thing else is hearsay...2 weeks deadline is the time line I gave TGC and intend on sticking to the deadline

Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

As Wizard of ID said, the project he's working on has nothing to do with V1.09 release and won't be part of that or any immediate release.

Look at it as long term planning.

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 09:14
Ah I see. Okey dokey. Worth a shot at trying to fish for a date .

@wizard of id
I am looking forward to your game. From the quality you produce it will be Something special. Keep up the good work

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Nov 2014 10:24
Quote: "I am looking forward to your game. From the quality you produce it will be Something special. Keep up the good work"
Scene will tell you a lot of nice new shiny goodies have been added.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Dec 2014 17:51
So the cat is out of the bag.Thought I share some higher res pics of the same newsletter ones, nothing new unfortunately surprises and all, couple of changes have taken place already to finish it off a little more, These are from v0.003 I am on v0.005 already

Pictures have been taken in such a way just to give you a glimpse, the good bits I am keeping to my self for the time being

Will speak a little about the new media in the screenshots only the other is a surprise.Decided on creating some city walls, perfect place to put AI to shoot at the player and to keep the player enclosed and add some background scenery. Added another stone type bridge really does wonders and serves as a interesting game play mechanic.

The level is the 3rd the size of morning mountain stroll but contains nearly have the amount objects contained in that entire map.Performance is on par with Morning Mountain Stroll high FPS 40 to 60.Be warned however this will not be a walk in the park and expect some serious negative feedback from the AI for running around in their backyard pointing your water pistol at them is not advised for your personal safety and well being.

[img]http://s22.postimg.org/lftkkah0x/Path.jpg/img]

Shadow man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2014 20:33 Edited at: 6th Dec 2014 20:38
Looks good,....although I,m still not quite happy with that fog,....the distant building, trees and hills have fog but the sky does not appear to have any,....so it doesn't look quite right to me.

I don't know exactly what extra controls we will get for fog in v1.009, so maybe it can be tweaked with those, if not, Mr Bamber still has a bit of work to do.

Apart from the fog issue, I can't fault it,.....looks like very good level design and cool new model structures, and as for the AI,s not liking me being in their back yard,.....ha,....bring it on.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2014 21:11
You will have a better understanding of why fog has been used in such away once you get your hands on it.I would not be so sure about the AI but good luck !!!

Shadow man
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Dec 2014 21:49
Quote: "You will have a better understanding of why fog has been used in such away once you get your hands on it."

Ok then, I will wait and see.

Quote: "I would not be so sure about the AI but good luck !!! "

Artificial intelligence is just that,......artificial,......nothing beats real intelligence,.....which we all have,
so again,......bring it on. LOL
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Dec 2014 06:34
Well hello stranger danger !!!

With the escape demo nearly out of the way and xmas holidays done and dusted, I am back at work . Have family coming over, for a few days in the new year so need to start working a bit earlier than I wanted so I can still spend some time with them and not fall behind on the project.

Working on a new project, for another demo game.

Attachments

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Dec 2014 11:02
Okay here is the first engine test.Pretty happy does need a lot more detail, already had to make a few tweaks like increase the width between the 2 buildings from 300 units to 450 units, going to start adding the additional content.

Attachments

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 06:36
I would like to buy this when it is finish. great work.

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 06:52
Quote: "I would like to buy this when it is finish. great work."
Thanks, sadly this will not be for sale It will be free With the eventual demo release and with the steam release

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 12:52
Very nice looking! Is that ladder climbable? I'm guessing not.
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 13:52
free that even better.

Windows 7 home premium 64bit gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 17:40
so the genre is cities then

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2015 17:56
Quote: "so the genre is cities then"
Lol not even close.....

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:36:02
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:36:02