3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [LOCKED] Wizardofid's models

Author
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 18:06
I have a request. could you do a scifi builds pack ? that would be awesome for those walls. I too have been wanting to buy your pack after playing you great game.

more than what meets the eye.Welcome to SciFi Summer

gtx770 sc acx 2gb gpu boost 2.0

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 18:23
Quote: "[quote=]I'm looking at your Dam Wall image on the store and it looks like the sewer system could be connected up so that it exits out that dam wall. Is that true? Will that work?"
Just checked no it will not fit, just remember this is an indoor enviroment..

Quote: "I have a request. could you do a scifi builds pack ? that would be awesome for those walls. I too have been wanting to buy your pack after playing you great game.
"

Perhaps in the future but not right now, I will be doing smaller themed items for the time being, I do want to do a massive pack, when I managed to get enough items on the store and I can take a month or so off to do a pack. However I am holding out for the conkit, before deciding a course of action for scifi stuff, sewers is nice and all I have done most of the work placing the pillars and pipes you just have to plop down the entity and off you go.

I do however want the end user to be able to customize the scifi stuff to their needs when the conkit comes around.
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 18:26
Quote: "Just checked no it will not fit, just remember this is an indoor enviroment.."

OK, thanks. Yes, I realize it's an indoor environment, but as I was planning my demo idea it occurred to me that if the sewer never has an outlet then it's going to seem a bit strange. So, I'm planning to have some sort of outlet at some point. Not quite sure how it'll work out, but we'll see.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 19:11
no problem I understand. I'm buying both packs and I too am waiting to see what the conkit can do for inside level.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 21:16
Another quick project lined up, was looking at wall types and this got me "spinning" some thing worth while... simple and easy.Extra large walls planing on doing the tower, nice sniper spot.

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 22:59
OK, so I've had a chance to try the sewer pack out. It all looks and works great. The entity snapping feature perfectly aligns them with no fuss and the results are really impressive. Great work. I highly recommend this pack.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 23:09
thanks for the feedback and support it is appreciated.
MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2014 23:52
that tower looks cool.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 06:07 Edited at: 28th Aug 2014 06:08
Purchased wall pack and sewer pack, and the dam , love all your work, have no use for the dam wall or sci fi walls yet but still excellent work, will be trying out the sewer stuff soon, been trying to model myself and while i can make some models, its UV mapping and texturing that stops me getting anywhere at the moment

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 06:30
@AuShadow thanks for your support, I will definitely recommend learning to model, I find it both rewarding and frustrating, uvmapping is an art form in it self, and requires massive amounts of time , but is is really easy once you learn the basic aspects
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 06:58
i would have 1 request for you wizard , would it be possible to make an entity of an entrance/exit to your sewers, maybe a big opening one and one that is just a small gate type thing, these would be a great addition to the pack or maybe even an extra's such as a sewers expansion pack (i would buy this ), thanks for everything you have already given though it is great work, i had a quick play with the sewer pack and it all clicks together nicely but alas now it is time for me to head to work. Keep up the great work anyway.

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 07:25
@AuShadow

No problem I put the base pack out there to get feedback and opinions, and as such have decided to expand on it based on feedback received, Will start on that over the weekend, want to do this mini wall pack first, which will be today an tomo
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 12:06
Just purchased the sewer kit. I still haven't tried the SciFi wall kit, but, I love your work and I figure, I might as well use the points that I go from the competition!

As an artist myself, Its a bit strange paying for someone else's work, but, it just feels nice to know that I will getting quality models and textures for no work from me! haha.

Best of luck with your sales.

Cheers

Jay.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 12:47
Thanks jay

Onto the wall pack decided to skip on the tower so I have an extra day for the sewer expansion

Different heights different textures... so a few walls to populate you level with
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 17:50
Nice walls. I'm looking forward to the sewer expansion pack. I got a little test sewer level up last night and it's looking pretty good even without all the bells and whistles I plan to add.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 23:09
I bought the sewer pack and the Dam, I have to say great work WoI

I'll try and put a scene together over the weekend.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2014 23:26
I think TGC should make some kind of reloaded-exclusive deal with you. Having you provide some architectural stuff for their construction kit. I mean, you'd be the man to add some detail props to that!

-Wolf

"When I contradict myself, I am telling the truth"

"absurdity has become necessity"
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 06:38
Quote: "I think TGC should make some kind of reloaded-exclusive deal with you. Having you provide some architectural stuff for their construction kit. I mean, you'd be the man to add some detail props to that!"
lol thanks, I would need to get my hands on the conkit to be able to see what it does first. :p

I Have been working on some ideas for the sewer expansion thought the idea is there but it isn't working for me, it's still considered "indoor" will have to wait and see to day as I leave it to stew a bit def want over head pillars, but it should be slightly less scifi, and better fit theme of the sewer, so stay tuned as I rework the base idea today and tomorrow.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 07:33 Edited at: 29th Aug 2014 08:22
hey wizard i did find one way to enter your sewers, forgot to put in a way back out but ,

Just with that would it be possible in the expansion to have a ladder and manhole we could put in or a section with a ladder already in it. Just thinking if you make it, it will be well suited to the whole theme and match in nicely

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 09:17
@AuShadow

Will see in time, reworked it a bit much happier, the walk way on top is suppose to be fake. There is some limits, when designing these items, to make it accessible from all directions, affects modular aspect, and it seriously affects poly co
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 09:37
I see the sewer pack and add-ons are coming along nicely! They make me reconsider if I want to do a fully outdoor game.

I've thoroughly enjoyed the sci-fi walls and glad I made the purchase Going along with that theme though, any chance you have plans for ramps, roadways, or buildings that look sci-fi? (I'm thinking similar to Halo 3 roadways and structures, but the same in style as your sci-fi walls.)

Just curious, either way, keep up the good work!
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 09:37 Edited at: 29th Aug 2014 09:46
Ahh yes and I see your point but I merely wish to use the ladder and as a dynamic object to which I can attach a script to transport from the sewer back to the city, in the video above the sewer and city are built on the same level just apart from each other and the manhole simply teleports the player from the city to the sewer if that makes sense, I just need something that looks in place to use to teleport back to the city, so really all I would need to do that would be a ladder that suits the seen, you know a little bit rusted metal ladder so the player walks up and then I'll attachy little script to it so it will then say press e to return to the city and poof the player won't even realize that instead of going up he just transported halfway across the map, its all an illusion

Actually now just brainstorming I using this I could stack your sewer pieces up and use gates and stuff to teleport between levels, now that I know how simple teleport is to use it opens up a whole range of possibilities.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 09:45
@geistschatten

Already have a ramps ready to go just need to find time to upload to the store.....I think I will do all the uploads today. :p
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 14:19
Quote: "Just with that would it be possible in the expansion to have a ladder and manhole we could put in or a section with a ladder already in it. Just thinking if you make it, it will be well suited to the whole theme and match in nicely"

+1 to this.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 15:26
@tomjscott

Well I played around with the new stuff a bit, I don't like where it's going or where it needs to be, it's difficult to explain but I will try, the current sewer needs to be matched to some extent to allow for some sort of continuation I do
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 15:42
Understood on all points. I don't think anyone is suggesting a rush job on this. I would love to see it, but don't try to get this to us overnight. Take your time and get it right. I still have to get the money for the city pack, lay out that and the sewer system and do a ton of advanced A.I. for my new demo. There's plenty of time to wait for the expansion to come along and plug it in when available.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 16:02
Tool late already finished two new additions and working on a stair version for all of them :p will also slope different sides so it adds a little more depth the sloped straight will also be the access for a new crawl tunnel

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 16:08
Quote: "Tool late already finished two new additions"

lol. Well, if you insist. I'm not complaining.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 19:31
some thing different :p

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 21:12
Ahh yes I could see me putting a gate in there and using that to teleport between sewer levels, making the sewers take up minimal map space but the player will think its a massive area

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2014 23:14
Messing around with the sewers.

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 06:07
Sweet !!!
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 09:15
Textured sliced to size and good to go

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Messing around with the sewers.

"

good ..but your level demonstrate as reloaded really and early need a good lightmapping system to give levels the right feeling..and a particle system of course..

PC Specs:

Q9550@3,8GHZ - 8GB RAM - SVGA HD6870 1GB - HDD WD 1500TB
PM
MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 11:31
Yeah, also definitely needs more colour options on the water. I don't think sewer water is that clean.

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 14:48
Yes give it some time, 1.009 should change all of that.Well I should add, decided on adding the new content to the current pack for free, easier, simple and more rewarding to those who supported me and to those who will support in future, hopefully all will be ready Monday-ish.
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 22:26
Quote: ".but your level demonstrate as reloaded really and early need a good lightmapping system to give levels the right feeling"

Quote: "Yeah, also definitely needs more colour options on the water."

Jupp! But thats nothing wizard of Id can do anything about. His work would truely shine if there was some way to correctly light it, but the fact that it still holds up and drives home a sewer like feeling altough its broad daylight in it really speaks for itself.

-Wolf

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 22:46 Edited at: 30th Aug 2014 22:49
Well with some tweaking you can get some nice results adding a light or two can also help

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 30th Aug 2014 23:29
One thing I noticed with adding fog to the level is that the areas in the distance always seem to be mysteriously lit and when you walk up to them the light fades and it's dark. Something to do with the way fog is rendered. I ended up turning fog off in my demo sewer level.

JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
greate wizard I 'll get your pack when SC solve my issue with my store account.. maybe tomoww I hope...

btw where did you take the foliage that is on the top of the tunnles ..the looks awesome...

PC Specs:

PM
wildman4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 13:24
I purchased the sewer pack also and it looks great! The only issue I have is figuring out how to make it appear darker in game. Can you or someone else explain the visual settings we need to change to make this happen or is there a good tutorial on it?
PM
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 13:40
Quote: " The only issue I have is figuring out how to make it appear darker in game. Can you or someone else explain the visual settings we need to change to make this happen or is there a good tutorial on it? "

Hit the tabulator key and use the "ambience level" slider. Real dark rooms with light and shadows don't yet work in reloaded.

wildman4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 14:25
I found out how to change the visuals based on what you posted earlier. Very happy with the effect now.
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 15:33 Edited at: 31st Aug 2014 15:34
@JC LEON

The foliage I made my self...I already made another version which is better.

@Wolf

Yes I wanted to get in early on indoor environments so lee has a test case for ambient occlusion and light mapping, meaning it can help solve bugs user
Wolf
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 17:04
Quote: "Yes I wanted to get in early on indoor environments so lee has a test case for ambient occlusion and light mapping, meaning it can help solve bugs users find with the occlusion and light mapping."

Good! The rounded and alcovey nature of your designs is perfect for that.

Quote: " scifi city without some serious tools"

I think having some neat scifi buildings (I'm working on a set myself) is cool! But a full city project would be way too timeconsuming anyway.

Quote: "However I do have a secret fantasy project in the pipeline starting next week but my lips is sealed, I can however tell you once you see it you will squeal like a little girl with delight."

I was hoping you'd eventually make some fantasy props!! Great news! I'm looking forward to let the squealing begin

-Wolf

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2014 17:27
@Wolf

It's not props per say :p It's one of those why didn't I think of doing that ideas I tested the first concept to get some ideas of how I can do the texturing on the object and pleasantly surprised had a running textured concept in 20 mins, I a
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2014 11:30 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2014 11:43
@wizard, I have some scripts working now that when used with a road hatch teleports you into the sewers, hides the terrain for a performance boost and drops the ambiance to 35%, also an exit sewer script which teleports back out to the street in hides ter
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2014 13:15
Thanks bud, will look at these when time permits, I have just been swamped since end last week with "real life" whatever that is, "why don't you move vertex"......."When you try to drag and drop a texture mentally on a object, whose colour you dislike in real life......"

But I will be back next week, in full swing having a 40th birthday(my brother's) bash this weekend with some trout/bass/carp fishing on the agenda and some needed zzzz's, just a pity it's a 800KM trek there

I want to post some screens of the current work in progress, but it's still too much a raw concept to show....
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
purchased... your pack...really good...cant wait for addon....

PC Specs:

PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2014 14:09
sounds good, for me i have a boat in the backyard but nearest fishing is 4-500km away which kinda sucks but ahhwell, hope you enjoy it and let me know if you have any drama's getting the scripts to work. pretty simple but place an entity down, make it dynamic, set main script to tele.lua, set the name on another entity that you want to transport to, and back in the entity you have the script on type that same name into the IfUsed field, and boom, working teleporter. Easy enough to backtrack and workout how to set to tele back, any drama's ill try and knock up a quick video.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 10:45:42
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 10:45:42