3rd Party Models/Media Chat / [LOCKED] Wizardofid's models

Author
User Banned
Posted: 4th Aug 2014 23:53
Those are awesome looking walls for sure. Great work!

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 5th Aug 2014 06:20
@Conjured Entertainment

spill way :p

New corner in action as well as some texture variations tests, Don't like it particularly

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 5th Aug 2014 07:09
I love these megalithic-type structures in FPSCR! They make the character feel small and extend the environment upward instead of outward. Can't wait for them to be in the store, I want to buy day one!
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 09:23
So needed some smaller wall combinations, don't know what to call these yet, but creates an extra extension to the walls.
They are still massive, 300(H) x 400(L) x 800(W) units, I had to do so to fit in with the rest of the scene, small little pillars would not have done it justice.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 12:48
Wanted to share this in the mean time.The pillar and a floor test.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 14:37
Very nice as always. I like the stuff as big as it is, You get plenty of space to hide, and hide the enemy.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 15:05
Epic! I love them all. I can envision a great game using these assets.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.0071
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 20:02
Some one asked in this thread for cliffs, well did a fast test, lol compared to the stock terrain it doesn't fit in with the terrain kind of sad, it is totally possible to get ultra good looking terrains, with a proper normal map.

I will just have to see what I can do about getting a better terrain textures done, thought I already have a terrain up in the store, had to massively reduce the normal maps or else you find black blocks at the seams of the terrains.

That said cliffs is def on the cards similar style and visuals

The one I did is for the wall pack for a tunnel, will have to wait and see if I can get the terrain detail up a notch

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2014 21:04
These look awesome! Definitely looking forward to these.

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 12:47
Hi guys the basics of the walls/pillars is up in the store, will add new items to it, as I go on, in the process of making the platforms, I have gone this route so it's not too much too upload in one shot, was already starting to get confused

Still in the process of uvmaping. :p

[img] http://s13.postimg.org/qib9nlnef/platform.jpg[/img]
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 12:49
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 15:38
Nearly done with the platform just need to UVmap the ramp.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 16:27 Edited at: 7th Aug 2014 16:29
Quote: "Nearly done with the platform just need to UVmap the ramp. "

God you make that look so simple but I know its not.... What software do you use....Do you think its the easiest and the best ?

I still struggle Especially Texturing.....All my stuff is simple.

I really want something that will show me the texturing whilst im modelling it ..
PM
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 16:54
Lol some one will always think theirs is the best software

I just learned recently to map properly, didn't even use my 3d editor because it simply was to complex, I have since forced my self to use it haven't looked back I am however sad that i didn't teach my self earlier as I mostly used lithunwrap it is very basic, now I am able to mirror, flip/ mirror flip based on coordinates, map individual polygons.

Now I use a combination of lithunwrap and my 3D editor, and got a nice quick work flow, basically do the base sorting of the uvmap in lithunwrap and the tweaking and map flipping in my 3d editor.

I did learn another trick, which works wonders, is if you are making a multi mesh, mesh is to map individual parts, delete the unneeded faces and merge it as a single mesh, load it in lithunwrap and delete the individual texture coordinates and merge the uv maps into a single one. Easiest method, you could however model every thing as a single mesh and then uv map, but that takes hours.

what also works well is to uvmap the base mesh, after which you can edit it as you see fit and do texture tweaks afterwards, mostly for minor adjustments or simply vertex movements.

any ways platform done, used it in combination with the pillar arch, works pretty well.

tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 17:30
These are really looking awesome. I think these would be great for use in my upcoming multi-player death match demo that I'm working on.

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 7th Aug 2014 22:20
Are the Type 1 and Type 2 models compatible with each other? For example, if I bought "Scifi Wall Type 1" and then "Scifi Wall Corner 2", would they line up? Or would "Scifi Wall Corner 2" only line up with "Scifi Wall Type 2"? Just curious.
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 06:03
No different, one wall has arms the other doesn't The end sections is mostly flat so they can align pretty much left and right any way you want to.
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 06:20
BTW forgot to mention, I have been wanting to do this for a while but never got around to it well today is that day.

As a kid I used to spend a lot of time here fishing, it is just such a nice dam wall, very old fashion design and every thing will mostly be doing research today on it and find out the exact dimension and goodies, it is pretty massive, pictures doesn't really do it justices.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 07:03
Is that Gariep dam?
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 08:00
Harties
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 10:16
Quick and dirty test almost there, made a few mistakes like the section at the bridge being much wider, which its not.There is a couple of things I also need to figure out as well, I might get more detail on it if I make a straight curved upwards dam wall, not an arch type.Thought making it straight might not be possible in real life, however I do feel it will be better in the long run to make it straight, it means I can do it in section, and on the plus side you can either make the dam wall as short as you want or as long as you want.

Dimension wise, it's 725 units tall in other words, 72.5 meters, pretty massive, in the long run I just think a straight dam wall will be better.

Gtox
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 10:23
Should have known from the sickly green colour that it was Harties - Gariep is usually brown
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 12:31
Just a sneak peak, still very rough, pretty happy with the sectional idea, means you can go nuts

Had to improvise a bit considering the straight walls, doesn't look like much right now, give it some time, and I will have you swimming in a dam. :p just add water first

@Gtox yeah, haven't seen it in years, I remember when I was there, talking about a couple of years back it was blueish, brown.
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 17:14
Such a cute little dam. lol. Just messing with you. I have the Hoover dam just a short drive from me. So, yeah.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 19:57
Hoover is massive :p

On that front, wasn't happy with the result, went back to the drawing board and more research found a nice bridge/dam wall, I thinks every one goes through the concept stage and try out a few designs before settling on some thing they like.

It looks stunning and works as a straight dam wall type, 3rd time is a charm, having works on the other designs learned a fair bit, got this concept up and running in 30 minutes.Now I can just go about tweaking and see what happens but I am pretty sure should be fine.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 20:12
These look great Wizard

Will the dam be going in the store as well? I have lots of points to spend at the moment

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 8.1 64 Bit, Core i7-3632QM processor, 8GB of RAM, 1Tb Hdd, Nvidia Geforce GT 740m
PM
Conjured Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 20:23
Quote: ".There is a couple of things I also need to figure out as well, I might get more detail on it if I make a straight curved upwards dam wall, not an arch type.Thought making it straight might not be possible in real life, however I do feel it will be better in the long run to make it straight, it means I can do it in section, and on the plus side you can either make the dam wall as short as you want or as long as you want."

The straight one should be fine for games. The arch would be ok if you were placing it in a ravine between two mountains, so it would only be a few sections. But, if it were that short then it could all be one piece. Making an arched dam as one piece would solve common rotation issues for placement versus shorter sections. Straight might be the best way in game though for those who don't want to run into trouble filling it with water.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2014 23:10 Edited at: 8th Aug 2014 23:15
@Conjured

Yeah which is why I changed plans

@E30Legend

Yes it will be, eventually

Started the texturing, so far not too bad, pretty happy with the final design, thought

[img]http://s7.postimg.org/vn9pwx1i3/concept.jpg[/img
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2014 10:30
All done any weighs in at 2954 polygons after reduction Will edit and make one without the dam wall.

Duncan Peck
Years of Service
User Offline
@wizard of id

some truly amazing models you have here. I look forward to buying them all in the store soon... just brought the Scifi Wall pack
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2014 21:55
DAM, That looks good!

Did you.....did you see what I did there?

On a serious note, truly great work WOI.

Cheers

Jay.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2014 06:35
@unfamillia

I am not entirely sold on it, reworking it a bit and trying a darker texture set, and I want to add a metal walk way on the side of the bridge, considering the low polygon count I can do moar to it, it's a bit bland.

[img]http://s21.pos
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2014 10:19
Getting there Fixed up the uvmaps a bit still one or two I need to do, added some trim to the arch support in the middle of the bridge, going to add the walk way next and then some thing else I will keep for a surprise.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2014 14:31
Things are taking longer than expected, However I want the best looking bridge on the store

As for the surprise, added a little pump room to the dam wall, makes a world of difference,The top section brick wall is maybe a tab bit out, However the door and window fits snugly.. can't complain only adds 80 extra polygons to the mix which isn't half bad, however my budget is 4500 polygons including the walkway.

What is your thoughts so far should I stick to the darker textures ?

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 06:23
almost done !

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 11:20
All done and uploaded to the store, just waiting for approval.Going to work on the version without the wall and pump room.

Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2014 13:43
Yes, Yes, that looks great. Another fine addition.

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 4gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2014 20:10
For a surprise project

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 08:21
I put my self on bridge duty again, there is two more I would like to do.

Here is the first concept

Here is the second one I have in mind.

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 11:45
You have a real talent for these larger structures!

I am envious of your work. Keep it up mate.

Cheers

Jay.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2014 12:26
Large structures is a bit of a hit and a miss, it's not all that easy, getting the correct proportional scales, some times and have to do several versions before I get a better feel for already done another version of the concept bridge.

Still don't like parts of it, if I still don't get sorted I usually just move onto some thing else while it's in the back of my mind sorting possible "fixes" for it. I liked the dam wall I did was pretty straight forward.
However it skipped several aspects of bridge creation which I wanted to teach my self, and purposely concentrating on bridge creation, now, so want to get a few stone bridges going, then I will move onto that elusive metal bridge with struts and all, working with the large structures definitely helps when creating indoor environments as it teaches me better scale proportions.

As a new, rule, I now at all times import my little scale AI and work on building according to it's scale, I found it does wonders.

Onto the arch bridge, some thing still feels "off"

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 13:51
provisional concept of the second bridge want to try and UV map them to the same texture as the first one

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 17:37
Pretty happy so far Still lots to do

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2014 21:11
Lol Looks like I am the only one updating progress

Well going to nearly start the arduous journey in texturing land, added some approximation of the metal supports underneath the bridge and added some more indents.Did I mention only 4096 polygons however It is going to be double that when I start the subdivision for texturing,as a 4096 x 4096 map space is too small Will also need to create seamless texture maps as the polygon faces will be placed ontop of one another to see if I can't use a 2048 x 2048 map space, highly doubt it consider the bridge is over 1200 units long and still need to add end bits with an arch and support pillars at the bottom.

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 17:19
Slicing and dicing day, decide instead of subdivision on slicing and extracting polygon faces as separate meshes and then just use the symmetrizing function in my editor to duplicate polygons again.Pretty neat feature, and I am still left with the same amount of polygons as with what I Originally started with.

Decided on doing the arch first, 6 hours later it is more or less picture perfect.The rest is pretty straight forward, and I learned a new way to uvmap and complex shape arch by means on polygon face extraction, it just takes ages

MadLad Designs
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 18:53
Just bought your dam. looking forward to more stuff.

Check out my YouTube Gaming Channel: /user/MadLadDesigns

W7 Home 64-bit, Intel i5-3330 quad-core 3.20GHz, nVidia GTX660 2Gb, 8Gb ram
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2014 19:48
@MadLad Designs

I thank thee for your support, I aim to please.

Any ways, last update for the day, Those straight support pillars weren't doing it for me, decided on my own little twist, which is much more visually appealing.

[img]http://s29.p
wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 09:57
Nearly nearly there :p

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 13:17
about 3 days worth of work so far, it's all about the little trims and little things now

wizard of id
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2014 13:19

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-07-01 11:15:50
Your offset time is: 2024-07-01 11:15:50