Feature Creep / Terrain exporting options

Author
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: CSGO
Posted: 28th Mar 2014 19:23
Having played around with the editor quite a bit I have come to realize that mesh creation is a bit limited in the sense that your are forced to create media that has a flat bottom, snapping to the terrain is only so useful.

Option to export the terrain only will be very useful in creating meshes specifically for the exported terrain meaning you would be able to better meshes for the terrain, roads meshes will actually follow the contours of the terrain instead of the rather limit terrain snapping.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2014 04:21
I am in complete agreement with this.

After creating roads and bridges and railroad tracks.

It would be a lot easier and more optimized if I could export the terrain then draw a 3d polyline across the spots I would like the roads and rails roads to go, then do a loft of the road or rail road profile to have a perfect match to the terrain.

The is a lot of editing that you can do in terrain edit mode, but having the terrain exported, would allow you to make better models that perfectly match the terrain.

Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2014 07:58
Yes a import function would be great. In my opinion the actual terrain editor integrate in FPSC is still to bad. So I would gladly use some other Terrain editor and import the heightmap, colormap, detailmap and so on in FPSC.

System: Win 8.1 64 / i5 @ 3,9GHz / GeForce 760 GTX 192 Bit / 8GB RAM
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
It would limit it all to single scenes all the same which are Artist created and pre-built, which takes it out of the hands of users creating there own builds. Would be far better to have some kind of draw path within the editor which would lay these sort pf things down in a similar way to something like Grome.

All the same you would still see some leveling of roads and particularly rail tracks in real life these days, they have gradual inclines, and only older roads follow terrain contours.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 17:52:10
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 17:52:10