3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Video tutorials (from A-Z)

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 10:09
I have seen a growing number of new members to the forums, which is great; it means loads of new games and models for all to enjoy!

I see a lot of these newer members asking about modelling, texturing, animating, importing etc, so, I have decided to create a few video tutorials starting from the the very start (downloading Blender, Gimp etc) moving on to basic modelling, unwrapping, exporting and then importing into Reloaded.

I was supposed to complete these a while ago for one user in particular, but, life got in the way and I had quite a heavy project that I needed to finish for charity. BUT, that is finished now, so I can dedicate my time to completing this small series.

Just a couple of questions for everyone.

1. I use Blender and Gimp for my models/textures. Would this be helpful to people?

2. What model would you like me to create? A table? A chair? A futuristic computer console? I will model any static entity - just no characters! That's a little bit advanced for a set of beginner tutorials.

Ok, I look forward to seeing if this would help people.

Cheers

Jay.

BioDragonlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 11:16 Edited at: 24th Mar 2014 11:20
mate if you have the time iam after some rails that would be found at a

race track both half height

and full concrete base and wire top

Bring It On

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 11:42
BioDragonLord,

Just to clarify, is this a suggestion for the tutorial or is this a model request?

Cheers

Jay.

wildman4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 12:46
Tutorials would be a great asset. I would love to learn how to create my own models or at least to understand the process. From what I have seen in the forum the tutorials could answer a lot of questions and assist other members like me. Thanks in advance for any that you create.
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 14:34
Great idea mate. I always advise people who are new to modelling and textureing to start with a box then a barrel as virtually all models are made up from the 2 .if you can unwrap and texture them then you can texture anything. So maybe do the 2 then something like a treasure chest which is just a box with half a barrel stuck on top.that way you can show the way shapes can be combined to make a model.

Cheers Henry

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 15:14 Edited at: 25th Mar 2014 10:00
Thanks for the comment Henry.

I was thinking of going a 'little' bit more advanced than just a crate or a barrel (which there are already FAR too many of!)

I was thinking more along the lines of:

Either this

Or maybe this

Obviously, I don't own the rights to either of the above images and these have been taken from Google images purely as references.

I guess a choice between these two would be a good start for a beginner. They are both pretty simple shapes and will be fairly easy to demonstrate UV mapping.

So, to everyone else, which would you prefer to see a tutorial on?

Jay.

Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Mar 2014 16:15 Edited at: 24th Mar 2014 16:23
Are you reading my mind?

I just started working on it this morning

Anything you decide on will be helpful. Especially to me. I've been modeling for years but just started blender about a month ago. Used to hate it back in the day but I really like the 2.69 version. Starting to get comfortable with the interface but still don't know what all the tools do. Patiently waiting for cycles baking. It is available in experimental builds but not ready for official build yet. It's coming though.

Anyway, I look forward to any tutorials you make.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 10:08
@Spotaru,

Nice looking model so far mate. I think you will hopefully benefit a small amount from this tutorial series. For example, if you were to import that model into Reloaded, it would appear TINY. The scale is a massive issue when coming from B
BioDragonlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 12:48
@unfamillia

its really a bit of both as I am also a armature when it

comes to modelling, and it was on my todo list but I truly

think that all members would benefit from a basic tutorial

with basic block and textures to make a great quality
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Mar 2014 12:52
@BioDragonLord,

Quote: "its really a bit of both as I am also a armature when it comes to modelling"

When I read this, I didn't know whether it was a typo or an intentional pun, related to animating models! haha. Made me chuckle a

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 07:58:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 07:58:14