3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Blender Texture help!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I just started using blender and watched some videos on how to apply a texture to the model. I Put the texture on (view pic) but it still just comes up as grey in game? I am using the same texture as the Wooden Table.x that comes with reloaded. Please and thanks.

Somewhat new to scripting, learning as i can
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2014 09:53
Good model, although, it seems rather high poly for what it is.

Try to remove some unnecessary loop cuts; that should significantly drop the poly count.

With regards to the texture, its hard to tell you what you might doing wrong without knowing your workflow.

Have you checked the FPE to see if the texture is being named in there? If it is, is it being named correctly? (correct path name, everything spelt correctly)

Is the texture actually in the folder?

Did you UV map the model before texturing it?

How did you assign the texture in Blender?

On a side note, I was supposed to create a 'how to video' for another forum member, but, life sort of got in the way with some charity design work I was doing, but, that is out of the way now. I will create a bunch of tutorials teaching people how to model an entity and get it into FPSC-R. From the very first step, to the very last.

Would this be helpful to you?

Cheers

Jay.

MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes that would be very helpful thanks! And i have not UV mapped the model I will have to do some more research on everything that has to be done. I do have a question though I have the texture in the folder and named correctly, but will it work if i just coppied the exact texture file for the files/entities/furniture/Wooden Table that comes with reloaded?

PM
MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Mar 2014 17:57 Edited at: 22nd Mar 2014 17:57
Ok so now I got the texture to load in.. but it is not the correct mesh anymore? check out attached, its what comes up in FPCR now

PM
MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
NEVERMIND I checked wrong box lol. my bad. Checked Face Textures instead of UV box. Thanks got it working! will be posting in models section.

PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:35:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:35:01