3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Problem using Blender to .X and exporting to Reloaded

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I created my first model of a broken table and tried to export to to a .X file.. It just comes up as a little dot in reloaded? I followed these instructions to the tee https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWhhAPy0ERk

Before exporting he says "You have to set up Direct X before exporting, but its been a while and I'm not going to get into that" This is the only problem I can think of. Anyone know what he is talking about or have any suggestions? Please and thank you

Somewhat new to scripting, learning as i can
PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2014 12:04
Hello

I have had this happen to me before and when I checked the folder where the object should be, I had put everything else but forgotten to add the actual .x file or the name of the .x file in the .fpe file was not correct.

I've got something to say

----

It's better to burn out than fade away.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2014 13:43
Download DirectX Model viewer. Its free and shows you what your models will look like.

I use Blender and you have to make your model HUGE in comparison to the grid for it to be scaled properly in FPSC. Make sure that your model is scaled properly, otherwise, that 'little dot' might actually be your model, just really tiny!

What Tazman said is also correct, make sure to check that all the necessary files are in the folder. (FPE, model.x, all textures (D2, N, S))

Cheers

Jay.

MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok I got the viewer and it opens in that just fine but still is a dot on fpscr. the fpe file and the .x model file all match im just not sure what Im doing wrong. do you have to download an update for the DirectX exporter in blender? Im using the most current blender. Or do you have to do anything before exporting to make it fps ready? I just dont know what I am doing wrong here

PM
MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok so I tested it out with the regular box just like in the tutorial video above and...nothing, still just a dot. Still shows up in the DirectX Viewer though.

PM
MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
HOLY HELL I got it to work!! hahah so apparently, the program i was using to edit the FPE file wasnt working. I got notepad++ and bam! Im pumped iv spent 2 solid days after work figuring out what i was doing wrong lol

PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2014 09:48
Well done! Its always a great feeling of accomplishment when you figure it out yourself!

What program were you using to edit the FPE? I use FPI Edit Pad. Its free and has syntax auto detection. So, it shows you any errors you have made.

Well done again.

Cheers

Jay.

MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
I was using the FPI edit pad, but I did some reading on it and I guess some Windows computers have problems with it. Im using Windows 7 Im not sure which package i have. I want to say Home Premium but I've been wrong before

PM
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Mar 2014 12:27
Well done on finding out what was wrong, I have always found that very satisfying even when it has taken me days to get there.

I've got something to say

----

It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:14:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:14:46