Scripts / Enemy script help

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey all (im new to scrpting, pretty much forgot all i use to do in fpsc a while back) I was wondering what I can do about the enemies always walking toward the player. sometimes they stop following the waypoint and head toward me even if i am far away. Any help appreciated and much thanks!

-Also, I'm sure it is just beta, but a lot of times the bullets go through the entity and do not hurt it.. Is there a fix for this at this time?

Somewhat new to scripting, learning as i can
PM
MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh and does anyone have a playerinzoneActivate sctipt for reloaded so i can spawn enemies from a trigger? or can i use the script from fps classis?

PM
Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Mar 2014 19:51
At this moment, enemy behavior is hard coded and can not be changed with LUA scripting, I'm afraid. Same goes for spawning enemies, unfortunately you can't do that at this moment

Bullets missing enemies should be fixed in next beta (I think I read something like that somewhere), and FPSC classic (FPI) scripts are not compatible with reloaded.

MerkinJake
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay thanks a lot!

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2014 09:47
Don't worry about forgetting all the scripting from original FPSC. We won't be using FPI anymore.

Avram
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2014 11:02
Yeah, dive into LUA as soon as possible, so you can be ready to make awesome stuff once LUA support in FPSC:R increases and TGC adds new functions to the LUA engine.

I've dived so deep that I've already started working on a set of OOP LUA classes to encapsulate entities, player, have timed events, etc...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-06 05:34:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-06 05:34:06