Feature Creep / What I think would be good developments to make a game making program become world class

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The model inporter being developed should not only inport x files but should also inport FBX files which most game engines now do. Both types of files should be able to use multiple textures automatically. There seems to be a maximum amount of memory that can be used for a given model. This must be something designed into the engine. It should be removed.

There should be a weather zone marker like the story zone marker. the types of weather would be: normal, sand storm, wind storm, rain storm and snow storm. By using two or more weather zone markers on the map it would be possible to control the weather when the player is in a certain area on the map. The player could be in a rainstorm and then walk out of the storm.

chuckster
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the idea of having different weather patterns in different areas. For example, as you climb higher and higher through hilly to then mountainous areas, it should get colder, and not only have snow on the ground, but possibly snowing due to precipitation clouds overhead (if wanted).

It is always a plus to have the option of incorporating feature-rich environments into your game design.
PM
mfgcasa
Years of Service
User Offline
that weather idea is great!!

RAM 8 GB

i7-4770k CPU 3.50 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
PM
knight templar 1990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2014 21:57
I agree, functionality for dynamic weather would be good, not just in terms of the player reaching a particular marker but also random weather effects such as dynamic rain and thunder.
PM
knight templar 1990
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Apr 2014 22:07
I'm not sure if this can already be implemented by tweaking the existing FPSCR, however I would also like to see customisable day/night cycling. For example, the user could specify the length of an in-game "day" in minutes (such as how GTA: San Andreas had an in-game day of 24 minutes). If this was combined with an in game calender and an A.I. system similar to that used in the Skyrim Creation Kit, you'd probably have the beginnings of a very powerful open world game engine right there. An even further step would be the ability to modify this in-game clock and calender system itself, for example changing the in-game days to progress after less than 24 in-game hours. After all, a huge open world game set on another planet would me much less realistic if the days still lasted 24 hours!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 23:39:46
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 23:39:46