3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Henrys models

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2014 03:36 Edited at: 27th May 2014 03:39
I have been purchasing your models mate...Stunning work !!

How about though a snap together kit of your red brick buildings...Like the horror pack so we can customise our own layout.

A pack would be brilliant ... My points are waiting to buy

PS.. you could probably blag a kit quite a few times textured differently... I would grab them in a second ..
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2014 04:05
I would have to agree, the store is idle with little bits tat arent of much use

Case: Antec 900, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, CPU: AMD T1100 Thuban 6 core @3300 ghz stock settings, COOLER: Thermaltake Frio, MEM: G Skill Ripjaws X series DDR 3 @ 1866 9-10-9-28, HDD: 2 Western Digital caviar Black 750 Gb set in RAID 0, GPU: Saphire HD 6950 flashed with 6970 bios, PSU: Corsair CX750M, MS: Cyborg Rat 7, KB: Logitec G510, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
PM
Frap
User Banned
Posted: 27th May 2014 08:58
Sweet. I like the door being a little ajar, nice touch.

Portfolio

My Blog

Available for weddings, bah mitz fers, funerals and freelance work.
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2014 18:43
Quote: "How about though a snap together kit of your red brick buildings...Like the horror pack so we can customise our own layout"

its on my to-do list mate

Quote: "the store is idle with little bits tat arent of much use"

give it time mate its only been open a few weeks

Quote: "Sweet. I like the door being a little ajar, nice touch."

cheers mate it was just a quickie model i threw together for this little project im working on

[img][/img]

cheers henry

Frap
User Banned
Posted: 27th May 2014 19:34
Get that tutorial done mate and the beers are on me next time we meet.

Portfolio

My Blog

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Brilliant news your considering a snap together pack

Pls Tell us more about the Powerbox !!
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2014 22:55
Quote: "Quote: "the store is idle with little bits tat arent of much use"

give it time mate its only been open a few weeks"

Ya no worries. I have alot of third party bits and pieces already. I actually thought there was a huge back log based on the comments and having a dedicated person on that was going to help push stuff through. I honestly didnt know the entire team was Lee and his family and that they were working on 2 projects at the same time. . . .

Case: Antec 900, Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990FX, CPU: AMD T1100 Thuban 6 core @3300 ghz stock settings, COOLER: Thermaltake Frio, MEM: G Skill Ripjaws X series DDR 3 @ 1866 9-10-9-28, HDD: 2 Western Digital caviar Black 750 Gb set in RAID 0, GPU: Saphire HD 6950 flashed with 6970 bios, PSU: Corsair CX750M, MS: Cyborg Rat 7, KB: Logitec G510, OS: Windows 7 home premium 64 bit.
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 00:20
Quote: "Brilliant news your considering a snap together pack"

heres a teaser

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Quote: "Pls Tell us more about the Powerbox !!"

part 1 & 2 were finished but i have decided to redo them as my voice was to low due to the wife being in bed & me not wanting to risk waking her up lol

so hoping to redo them tomorrow night.

Quote: "I honestly didnt know the entire team was Lee and his family and that they were working on 2 projects at the same time. . . ."

lol yeh its only a small team but they are dedicated so it will get there in the end.

cheers henry

tommy8
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 00:22
what software do you use to model, Henry?
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok henry ...How much do you want

Oh I really want that ....Both versions and more
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 00:34
Quote: "what software do you use to model, Henry?"

im a bit behind the times mate im still on 3ds max 2009

Quote: "Ok henry ...How much do you want

Oh I really want that ....Both versions and more "

there's plenty more where that came from ,just need to get them all game ready ,i only started modeling for reloaded about 6 weeks ago so im still working out a few issues.

cheers henry

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "im a bit behind the times mate im still on 3ds max 2009 "

Is that easier than blender ?
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 00:56
Quote: "Is that easier than blender ?"

no idea mate ive never used anything else other than max but from what ive heard blender is a great tool when you have the hang of it.

as with all software there's a fair bit to learn. blender is free & max is very expensive (Priced from £3,300.00 for the latest version) so i would stick with blender until your serious about modeling.

cheers henry

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
£3,300.00 .... I stand more chance making a model with Play Doe and importing it than being able to afford that !!
PM
Frap
User Banned
Posted: 28th May 2014 08:59
Newer versions of Max have a few extra bells and whistles but it all honesty I don`t use them. Have a trawl through some auction sites and you may be able to find someone selling their license on or an old copy, but there is a huge learning curve involved. Its not a natural talent for some one to produce great assets in any software like Henry produces, it is shear hard work and practice.

Portfolio

My Blog

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2014 20:06 Edited at: 28th May 2014 20:10

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looking forward to seeing them Henry
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 13:39
Looking good mate. Once this competition is out of the way, how would you like me to whip you up an intro/outro video to put as 'bookends' for your video?

Always good to have more tutorials showing different software.

I assume this is the first time you have recorded a tutorial? I found it quite daunting, just sitting there, talking to myself. I didn't know if I was talking too much or if I wasn't talking enough!

Anyway, good job.

Cheers

Jay.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I found it quite daunting, just sitting there, talking to myself. I didn't know if I was talking too much or if I wasn't talking enough! "

LOL : Actually your narration was fine.....The only bits that threw me where when you did something ( and I watched, Paused, did it...watched, paused, did it etc etc ) ...Then you said ...No forget that ....and undid it like lightning
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2014 18:09
Quote: "Looking good mate. Once this competition is out of the way, how would you like me to whip you up an intro/outro video to put as 'bookends' for your video?"

that would be great mate thanks

Quote: "I assume this is the first time you have recorded a tutorial? I found it quite daunting, just sitting there, talking to myself. I didn't know if I was talking too much or if I wasn't talking enough!"

yeh first one on video ,i am having to redo them again as i made the mistake of recording them late at night when the wife was in bed ,so they were to quiet as i was whispering into the mic so as not to get into trouble for waking her up

cheers henry

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 13:31
Quote: "No forget that ....and undid it like lightning "

That's just my way of subliminally teaching you that you will do this a LOT when modelling! haha. sometimes, its all about trial and error. I am just mentally preparing you!

Quote: "that would be great mate thanks "

Consider it done mate. As soon as this competition is finished, I will throw something together for you.

Quote: "recording them late at night when the wife was in bed "

I feel your pain! I can only record when the wife is out kickboxing. So, I have a small window of an hour and a half every Tuesday and Thursday! Plus, I have two young daughters, who sometimes start screaming in bed or randomly shouting, "Daddy!"; which as you can imagine, destroys the recording.

Anyway, good work so far mate!

Cheers

Jay.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th May 2014 16:57
lol i can definately relate to this the missus hates it when im on the computer so its normally when she's at work however due to the pregnancy today was her last day at work...... so there goes most of my computer time

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2014 18:22
power pole model

[img][/img]

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2014 14:47
making a start on my first character for reloaded

Stephanie female character (early stage mesh)

[img][/img]

cheers henry

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2014 15:22
Any news on the snap together kit?

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2014 19:16
Quote: "Any news on the snap together kit?"

not yet mate not had a chance to work on it been busy with other things

small update on Stephanie ,quick color blockout before i do a full unwrap

[img][/img]

cheers henry

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2014 00:52
update on Stephanie. unwrap done & a basic texture set up , head & face textures are just place holders right now as i only spent about 5 minutes on it ( i cant work on a character without a face ).i need to add hair & accessory's so still a fair bit to do yet.

poly count if anyone is interested is 2218-polys 4288-tris & texture is 2048 x 2048

[img][/img]

let me know what you think so far ?

is this the sort of thing you would like to see for sale in the store ?

cheers henry

Defy
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, awesome work. Highly rate your models and textures. The citizen models would be an asset to the store.

*sent you a PM and email also.

MOS Technology 6510, VIC-II, SID 6581 i wish...
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jun 2014 16:36
I would love to see ANY characters in the store!

[img]http://files.enjin.com/191696/UA Members Banners/Imchasinyou.jpg[/img]
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 11:57
a quickie model 44 polys 1024x1024 maps

[img][/img]

cheers henry

boilingpoint2
Years of Service
User Offline
henry ham this is a great job, very inspired !

With thoose house/buiding we could make some discrict with zombies in here... well a lots of possibilities !!!

http://francoismorin460.wix.com/specialagents

My fpsc x9 game : action-survival/horror, 12 levels, free

A suite will be made on FPSCR
PM
The Next
TGC Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 15:49
henry ham if you get this character in game then get hold of me and I would love to use it to get the character support into the store and get it up as one of the first characters.

TGC have a few coming but they won't be around for a while yet.

Windows 7 Pro, Intel i7 3.8 GHz, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA GTX 780 4GB Superclocked
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2014 15:58 Edited at: 28th Jun 2014 16:50
Quote: "henry ham if you get this character in game then get hold of me and I would love to use it to get the character support into the store and get it up as one of the first characters."

im trying right now but having issues with it deforming in game.is there a .fig file or biped for reloaded ? i have the .bip files but nothing else

ingame unrigged

[img][/img]

cheers henry

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2014 18:26
added stephanie with long trousers

[img][/img]

cheers henry

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 20:22
i now have stephanie ingame & working with a civilian script ,she will stand at idle or follow waypoints.
just need to wait for the fix to the engine before i upload her to the store as when characters follow waypoints right now they seem to walk or run strangely

cheers henry

geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: GameGuru
Posted: 2nd Jul 2014 23:09
I can't wait to see more of your awesome characters! The animations are very lifelike. It'll be nice to have some civilians.

I wonder if later on there could be a script to make her, or even a couple characters, follow the player to a safe house or something, if they get shot then you lose the level and have to go back to get more civilians?

Just a random idea.
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2014 13:35
Really awesome work there mate!

Character work always scares me! Lets just say, its not one of my strong points!

One small critique if I may. The one thing I always notice in models is the hands. They look great, but, I feel you could get them to pose a little more natural. This is probably just my opinion though.

You are keeping me inspired to keep working on more models, so, thanks for that. I just wish this competition was out of the way now! haha. I can't concentrate on more models when all of my time is spent tweaking and fine tuning areas of a level. I just want to model....

Cheers

Jay.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 12:26
Quote: "Really awesome work there mate! "

thanks mate

Quote: "One small critique if I may. The one thing I always notice in models is the hands. They look great, but, I feel you could get them to pose a little more natural. This is probably just my opinion though. "

yeh they are a bit off ,think its down to my poor rigging skills

Quote: "I can't wait to see more of your awesome characters!"

here is a sneak peek at my next one ,loosely based on my wife

[img][/img]

cheers henry

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 18:33 Edited at: 6th Jul 2014 18:34
made a start on the texture

, let me know what you think ?

[img][/img]

cheers henry

Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2014 22:19
It actually looks quite nice. Correct me if Im wrong, she has hair before she has hair. How far are you going with your models? full on detail on the entire models or just a generic body type?

I am a very blunt person. I have NO filters in communication. I say exactly what I think and feel. If you think im being abrasive, its probably a personal problem because usually, Im not.
PM
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2014 00:22
Quote: "Correct me if Im wrong, she has hair before she has hair"

the hair is on a separate part of the uv map so i had to blend the hairline into the skin layer

Quote: "How far are you going with your models? full on detail on the entire models or just a generic body type?"

i want to get them to a high standard over the entire body if i can,im on a learning curve right now with reloaded so hopefully you should see an improvement in quality as i build more models.

the head is about done for now , c&c is welcome

[img][/img]

will now make a start on her body & see what she ends up like.

cheers henry

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks Fantastic !!
PM
Imchasinyou
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2014 02:09
I know nothing about modeling so please dont think Im trying to be rude. Im sorry if that is how my questions and comments come out but that is how I am I guess!

Full body texturing would be pretty cool. Nothing better than nakedness running about right? Again Im joking.

I am a very blunt person. I have NO filters in communication. I say exactly what I think and feel. If you think im being abrasive, its probably a personal problem because usually, Im not.
PM
unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2014 13:52
Hey, nice work mate.

You have achieved something that a lot of modellers struggle with....you have made a female model that is actually pretty. A lot of the models I see of females are a bit, well, I don't know how to say it without being rude or offending someone......inbred looking!

Looking forward to seeing the rest of this one. Don't fall into the trap that I do repeatedly! Take your time, don't rush it through excitement!

Keep up the great work mate.

Cheers

Jay.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 00:24
Quote: "You have achieved something that a lot of modellers struggle with....you have made a female model that is actually pretty. A lot of the models I see of females are a bit, well, I don't know how to say it without being rude or offending someone......inbred looking!"

cheers mate ,i know what you mean ive made a fair few inbreds myself

body wireframe

[img][/img]

color block out

[img][/img]

Quote: "Don't fall into the trap that I do repeatedly! Take your time, don't rush it through excitement! "

i will try not to ,ive spent about 26 hours on it so far & still have to do a full unwrap & texture on the body then rig her before getting her ingame so a long way to go yet.

cheers henry

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 09:56
Shaping up to be a great character model mate!

I might have a little side job for you if you fancy it? I will email you later.

Cheers

Jay.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 18:20
Quote: "I might have a little side job for you if you fancy it? I will email you late"

mail away mate

cheers henry

unfamillia
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2014 18:33
Email sent.

Cheers

Jay.

henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2014 15:53 Edited at: 12th Jul 2014 19:41
texture update

[img][/img]

in game (not final )

[img][/img]

C & C please

cheers henry

NL2012
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2014 13:40
Very very good modeling and texturing Henry (pro stuff!!)

MODO801/ MAX / HP Z820 Workstation, 2 X 8 Intel Xeon E5-2665 processor,64GB DDR3-1333, nvidia geforce gtx 660, rendergrd: 2 x Nvidia K1 (grid on HP proliant DL380G8)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-19 04:55:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-19 04:55:33