3rd Party Models/Media Chat / What am I doing wrong?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a new model I want to add to FPS Reloaded. It's a sword.

Anyways, i have the .fpe, the .x file, and the .dds files all correct and everything shows up as an entity in Reloaded, but I'm not able to pick it up and use it as a weapon. What am I doing wrong? How do I fix this?

Thanks to anyone who can help me!
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 14:31
Weapons have to be rigged to a pair of arms and be bone driven. What model program are you using?

Open up the gamecore\guns folder and take a look at some of the weapon under it. When you open a weapon folder you will see 3 x files. One called hud, one called Vweap, and one called the name of the weapon.

The one that is the name of the weapon is the weapon pickup model, the one called Hud is the characters arms and the weapon when chosen in the engine, The one called vweap, is for the NPC when the weapon is assigned to them.

The gunspec.txt file lists the animation ranges and assigns the sounds and other airmode stuff for scope zoom and blocking and so fourth.

So if you have all three models of your sword ready then you could copy a weapons folder, rename it, replace the models and textures and try it out.

Will take some practice, especially if you have to rig the arms and weapons, but after time will become common place for you.

Good Luck.

HomelessRyder
Years of Service
User Offline
How would I go about doing that though? I can't find any tutorials. Btw I'm using blender.
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 01:09 Edited at: 5th Mar 2014 01:15
I do not use blender, but here are some tutorials to look at.

http://www.bing.com/search?q=rigging+a+weapon+in+blender&src=IE-TopResult&FORM=IE10TR

From the classic forum

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=154558&b=24

pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Mar 2014 11:12
You might want to try Fragmotion. This affordable program also comes in a workable free version - as I remember the free version makes you repeat a prayer in the beginning each time you open it. There is a learning curve, but a great comprehensible help file is at your disposal should you decide to accept your mission! Listen, Fragmotion loads up .x files easily along with their attached bones and animations - at the very least, use it to get an understanding of the mechanics of FPSCR HUD riggings. I promise you will be inspired by the potential of what is possible for your own creativity after dissecting this simple little model and it's minimal animation sequences. Cheers.

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:32:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:32:43