3rd Party Models/Media Chat / How to make your own weapons and such?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey everyone,

I'm sure this is going to sound like a "nooby" question, but how do I go about making my own models for weapons and buildings or characters and animals? I've looked everywhere on the forums and I cannot find any tutorials regarding this.

For anyone wondering, I'd be looking to make melee weapons (swords, axes, maces, etc.) and bows, crossbows, etc.. In short, mid-evil stuff.

Thanks guys!
TazMan
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2014 11:59
I am a noob to all this myself and I found that when I first started the most difficult thing was to decide which 3D software I was going to use, IE 3DS Max, Milkshape, Blender Etc, Etc. There are so many. I personally settled on Milkshape as it was very easy to use (for me) and relatively cheap (25 Euros) + they give you a 30 day trial to see if you are going to get on with it.

It also depends on how new you are to modeling and how much money you are willing to spend on the software. Some are quite expensive, but there are free ones that are very good too

Once this is decided then you need to play around with the software creating simple models (I started with a block) and texturing them until you feel comfortable enough to start creating the items that you want to use in you medieval game.

A simple sketch or picture always helps as a starting point to creating any model.

Hope this helps as a starting point

I've got something to say

----

It's better to burn out than fade away.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:40:26
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:40:26