3rd Party Models/Media Chat / My model mystery - solved!

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I have several models I made using AC3D software. The models seemed to work just fine but schemes I made in the editor ran slow (We all seem to have that problem). I just thought it was a reload problem.

I ran a test using a empty, flat world and looking at the horizon I got 240fps.

I then put in the mix 1 of my models (Tower) the frame count went down to 50 fps.

Replaced the tower with a combat building and the count went up to 239 fps.

I went back to my model software and looked at the object info and found the tower model had a total of 173 objects, 1398 surfaces and 1740 vertices.

I discovered that there was a command available in AC3D to merge the image components before exporting the file as an x file (tower.x). After the merge the file went to 2 objects (no longer 173)

Went back to my flat world and put in my new merged tower file and the fps went from the original 50 fps (mentioned above) to 236 fps !!!

The file (tower.x) size remained the same (607 kb) but the fps increase was 4.5 times.

Just a heads up for those making their own models. I'm no expert when it comes to making models and maybe everyone knows about merging model components but I found it interesting.

Operating System: (Windows 8.1 64 bit) Processor: (AMD FX-6200 Six-core - 3.80 GHz) Memory: (10GB) Display AdapterNVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 660 SUPERCLOCKED)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:52:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:52:30