3rd Party Models/Media Chat / How do i get my own FPE for my models?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a model made but need a FPE, where and how do I get one for my models??

OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH
PM
lololodasodasd
Years of Service
User Offline
and i have the .x ready, just need the .fpe but dont know where to get it

OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH
PM
pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Feb 2014 21:18
Go to your entity files, pick any model that has similar characteristics (for example, if your model does not have animation then you would certainly not pick "animated palm tree"). Find and open the FPE for the model you picked with notepad or a similar program. Now change the places where you see the model name given to the name of your own model (of course, it should be in ".X" format) and also change the name of the texture to the texture map you are using for your model (this should be in ".dds" with the diffuse map being the one listed - FPSCR will automatically find the other maps - the normal and specular ones). Then rename the FPE to the name of your model and - presto! - your FPE is ready! Just in way of double checking, when you place your model in whatever folder you're using inside the entity folder, (I suggest you make a folder of your own and name it whatever you please), you should have a total of six files for each model - the three ".dds" texture maps, the ".X" format model, the FPE and a 64X64 .bmp thumbnail image of your model. After that, you should be set to go!I suggest that you open the file named "Docs" - trust me, it does not belong to some old cowboy medicine man. In there, you will find a pdf file that explains the process of importing your models into this program. Enjoy!

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
lololodasodasd
Years of Service
User Offline
I did everything you said on my post but it just doesnt wokrk!

steps that i did:

1. made the model in blender

2. export it as a .x

3. place it in "my models" folder i made in enitiy bank

4. found a custom fpe that was in entity back for my mode (sandstonestrucutre 1) i used that. copyed the fpe

5. pasted the sandstone structure in my folder, renamed it to the same exact thing as my .x (house.x and house.fpe)

6. editied the fpe to match my .x http://gyazo.com/b7912645b433dc2a6dad7c0a181f122a

7. saved it then tried to load it in fps creator then this happens http://gyazo.com/33faad9548232c4d7aca911b6a801c8f

Ill let you all download so you can see for your self

OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH
PM
lololodasodasd
Years of Service
User Offline
I found my problem.. It was the fpe file editor program I was using.. Im using notepad++ now

OHHHH YEEEAAAHHHH
PM
pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Mar 2014 02:53
cool beans!

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 08:44:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 08:44:09