Product Chat / Phew !! I hope things are better here with Reloaded..

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 02:05 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 02:06
Been on the FPS Creator classic forums and getting info is like pulling teeth..

I hope we all stay helpful here

Or it maybe cuz im a newbie and asking easy questions...I dunno
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 02:17
Has nothing to do with how new a user you are. FPS Classic's main community has moved over to Reloaded.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 02:25 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 02:31
Ye that's true I guess.....But even still 46 views to a post.. you would think there would be some response

FPS Creator is really helping me work out the Mechanics of Reloaded.. As in ...Importing models etc....And I would like to try my hand at a game whilst waiting for the next Beta of Reloaded
PM
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 02:30
Well, i would say the FPSC/R community is probably the most helpful

Of course on the classic forums you might not find many ppl these days, there is a reason its called Reloaded

And if we are honest from day one - the Reloaded users are sharing and helping.

http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207561&b=13

the public wiki is one of teh best examples

http://j0linar.blogspot.co.at/
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 02:42 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 02:44
Great Link !! Thanks

As a newcomber to FPS I had no idea what to do with the reloaded beta to be honest so like I said I have been kind of learning more on the more complete FPS creator which has taught me how import models into reloaded ( ok only some work ) Import sounds etc its surprisingly similar in theory and im totally hooked

I even managed to get hold of an X10 ...I just want to learn the lot now
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 03:09 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 04:42
Reloaded forums have a long way to go when you compare how it used to be on the Classic. The Classic forum just died the death recently, which is a shame, the wealth of knowledge users had on there after years of using it won't be matched over here for many years to come.

What I have noticed about these forums is to get a response many are posting here in the Product board, which needs to change to get a more even spread across the rest of the forum. This of course will eventually happen as this board gets more and more bloated with off topic questions, requests and such. The most active board for FPSC Classic was always models and media, probably the most active board on the entire forum in it's day (due to the constant hunt for free stuff posted by artists), though it was eventually tightly controlled due to constant 'my first model' threads and required an n game screenshot just to make it relevant to the product.

I wouldn't go thinking the people around here are more or less helpful (maybe more polite...for now), in fact as syncromesh is finding knowing the old product is a huge advantage and some of us are the first to step up and help, just as we did on the old forums

If the older members seem jaded or even downright grumpy, it's because we been there done that already and the fresh new users have yet to reach that stage

You should try the search feature over there....surprised no one has jumped on you with that one yet...it's the war cry when already answered questions are asked. If search fails then point this out in your thread, someone will most likely take pity on you if you at least tried. I will be honest with you...if a simple question was asked over there which even a relatively new member could answer, I would ignore it...if it was a different one not asked before it would grab my interest. Sometimes it would be interesting enough to distract me for days at a time trying to solve it.

Over here most are new to it and I don't mind throwing up old knowledge (if I know the answer), this will change as newer members will take up the slack and answer these questions themselves.

I look forward to the day a few years from now when you have a wealth of knowledge under your belt, an array of shiny badges and are just as grumpy as I am

Thats when I will be asking you questions.
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Ye I realise your correct and most have been there ...Done it....and only have eyes for reloaded now...Which is a good thing.

Also I must admit I have been stuck here on the product board as well so I must explore a little further on the forums
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 03:48:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 03:48:01