3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Buying 3rd party?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2014 21:57
I have a question i bought a zombie pack among other stuff from a site but the characters freak out the same way the old fps models do.

so my question is are we limited to buying from fps store or will this be fixed.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Feb 2014 02:56 Edited at: 16th Feb 2014 02:57
From what I understand, we will eventually have control over the characters. Right now we have little to none. Most of it or all of it is currently hard coded. The best you can do right now as far I know, (somebody around here has done it with Aiko) and for me personally this would take weeks, is take the skeleton from one of the soldiers, assign your own mesh to it, and put it back into the characters folder (with the original name!). (be sure to back up the original!) To me it's not worth the effort, but I guess if I had the time, I might think differently.
PM
s4real
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I have a question i bought a zombie pack among other stuff from a site but the characters freak out the same way the old fps models do."

If you buying packs from 3rd part sites you wil have to add the skeleton bone to them or they will not work.

This will be the case for reloaded unless the 3rd party packs say fpsc ready.

best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.

Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 12:21
This will have to be fixed as there is no way i am sitting with all my models and redoing them they work in everything els. Reloaded is meant to support .X and if it cant work with 3rd party then it dosen't.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 12:35
If the characters are already rigged and in x format, I can't see any reason why they won't work with reloaded once we get more control over the character side of things.

This should be fairly easy to do with Lau.

PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 12:36 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 12:39
Here's the bottom line, all older model packs were created for use in FPSC classic before Reloaded was even thought or dreamt of. They were scripted using .fpi as far as characters go and not LUA they were sold as is (for FPSC) and only real requirement was for use in FPSC. Although the license permitted for use in other engines it was up to the user to get them in and working scripted in whatever engine they chose. Reloaded is no different in this, and since most of the official TGC packs were created by third party you surely don't expect said creators to be under any further obligation to make them usable for an engine they weren't even to know was going to exist.

As far as I know TGC are making as many as they can compatible, but to be honest they probably need some permissions to even touch the stuff they didn't actually create in house.
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 12:53 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 13:00
I wasn't talking about older models but i know what you mean.

So bottom line here is don't buy from anywhere apart from FPSC gotcha!

Would have been nice to know this they may want to point that out in-case other people spend money on models that are rigged and .X compatible.

rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 13:08 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 13:18
Rigged and animated .x models will work just fine in Reloaded once scripting is in there, my point is it will be up the user with any model purchased, which was not made for Reloaded specifically to get it working. As long as there is an animation list it can be done easily if you know and understand the scripting language.

Models sold elsewhere can be even less obliging and provide only the animated model with it being entirely up to the user to get it in there. At least when you bought from TGC you knew it would work straight out of the box for FPSC Classic.

You wont be limited from purchasing only TGC products and if you wanted to get it working then you surely would, it is not till we have a scripting method will we be able to create characters fr Reloaded I don't really do the commando characters and applying the current animation set to Flying Demons who would walk around with an uzi, just won't cut it, nor even zombies for that matter either. Think quadruped and you will see my point. So I am sure you understand why it will likely be a bit before you see much in the way of new characters for Reloaded..
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 13:12 Edited at: 17th Feb 2014 13:16
Any model that currently doesn't come with Reloaded stock are considered "old models". All packs you have received as addition to Reloaded are also "old models".

Considering Reloaded is in Beta stage it would be wise not to buy models outside of The Game Creators, (3rd party), as they are not constructed for Reloaded.

You have to take in to account we only just recently added LUA support. Its good to follow the forums and Lee's blog for progress. Support for some of the old model packs will come slowly over time. But I personally would suggest waiting till more content arrives in the store.

As for myself, I'm waiting on the character script being converted to LUA so we can mess around with it to create some unique character scripts from an apply them to old characters.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 13:16
Ok thanks for the info guys i will hold off till there is a bit more progress on this front

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 14:41
I know everyone does not own 3dmax but it still would be a good idea for tgc to release the bip animation the soldiers use. this would make adding new model characters in reload.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
s4real
GameGuru Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "So bottom line here is don't buy from anywhere apart from FPSC gotcha!"

This is not in fact true, as I said if you buy 3rd party chars you will need to either add the stock bip animations or script it to work in fpsc.

Reloaded only supports the hardcoded animations at the moment.

Best s4real

Pack ya games with vishnu packer its free. Vishnu game launcher is now released.

Help keep vishnu free by Donating now :- http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=208057&b=21
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2014 15:54
Yea i did say i would wait for a bit more progress on this front as its a bit of a pain for some people like me

PC SPECS: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, Intel I7 4GHz CPU, Asus R9 3GB GPU, 32GB DDR3 MEM
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 11:14 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2014 11:16
so ,,if I'll Buy for example Big Enviroment pack asset for uniny or ohter assets.. can I use or import it in FPSCR??

edit

and caN I convert all my old models I purchased for FPS creator x9 to reloaded in some way??
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2014 19:14 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2014 19:20
i believe the dev team behind the model updates are releasing a horror pack very soon so although it sucks that you already have models you paid for but can't use (yet) maybe the new pack will be worth buying/upgrading for as well anyway (i'm pretty sure i read late feb/march but can't find it right now so could be wrong on that date)

Quote: "so ,,if I'll Buy for example Big Enviroment pack asset for uniny or ohter assets.. can I use or import it in FPSCR??

edit

and caN I convert all my old models I purchased for FPS creator x9 to reloaded in some way?? "

as said, currently no (static .x models should work though)... the animation files arent compatible with the new system.. but in future when more control is given to users then yes with some effort .x models can be made to animate correctly and i'm sure people will eventually bring out convertors.

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
JC LEON
Years of Service
User Offline
thank you for your answer... but i have another question

I'm viewing some screens in site's gallery (amazing) and videos made with Reloaded and there are many objects , assets , etc(e.g. medieval, desert,space,etc), so I want to know if these objects are provided with beta too (If I'll buy it) or are user's created content with third party softwares and imported into Relaoded

thanks again
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 18:16:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 18:16:17