Product Chat / Quick test level

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 10:11
Here's a quick video of a test level I've put together now I've got Fraps to work. The video looks a little dark or to light in some places as Fraps seems to see things slightly different from my settings.

Some of the textures are still not right and some of my scripts appear too early as changing the player distance kept throwing up an error, also animations run to fast or too slow depending on the computer spec. Parts of the level look a bit empty as Reloaded wouldn't let me place anymore entities(know issue).

Your starting point is in a jail, the door is locked, you need to find another way out (very basic at the moment, WIP)

Enjoy, all comments welcomed, good or bad

PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 11:52
Possibly the best i have seen yet great work keep it up.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
that's a cool vid m8, I like the crossbow and sword

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 13:51 Edited at: 10th Feb 2014 14:31
very nice, maybe add some of those test dummies that most games have for showing off ur combat weapons?

like this

would also recommend lowering the value of those playerdistance checks a little (especially for doors and such)

the washing line made me laugh.. nice touch

looking forward to seeing how far you get

also change your hud image at
Quote: "The Game Creators\FPS Creator Reloaded\Files\languagebank\english\gamecore\huds\ammohealth"
to something else would be a nice touch

looks kinda odd having a gun icon with a sword

i have attached a quick sword that'll replace the colt icon (remember to back up the original if u use it)

life's one big game

windows vista ultimate

i5 @3.3ghz, 4gb ram, geforce gtx460, directx 11
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 14:37 Edited at: 11th Feb 2014 23:11
Thanks for the comments

TattieBoJangle, many thanks, I would like to add a lot more detail but can't at the moment.

almightyhood, the crossbow and sword are from the fantasy weapons pack 28. The pack seem to work with no problems.

smallg, wooden dummies are a great idea! They would be good in the castle area. I would have added some characters but I can't get them to animate correctly they just do a funny dance. The playerdistance kept bringing up an error when I changed it to less then an 100 for some reason.

PM
Spotaru
Game Guru Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome!

Very nice looking level. The animation is great. A few bushes to break up all the hard edges in the scene.
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 09:36
Thanks, I can't wait for the memory cap issue to be fix so I can do more.

I need to work on the animations as well, like adding chains to the drawbridge.

PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 16:14
Great looking village! What kind of jailer, though, would let you keep your weapons?
PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 17:22
Ha ha, I was waiting for someone to notice that! I forgot to delete the sword before making the video

PM
science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 23:07
Question. When you animated the models aka doors. Did you start at frame 0 or 1 and did you animate just one way as I am having trouble with my scripts to animate my simple doors lua is beyond me atm. I make some great models and animated but I can't rig to reloaded.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2014 10:32
I start at frame 0, what software are you using?

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2014 23:12 Edited at: 13th Feb 2014 23:17
Great looking scene there. Nice to see some scripting being used. Pity the quality seems a little blocky, even at 720p. Are you capturing at full size with fraps?

Edit - Oh, by the way, how have you replaced the standard weapons? not really looked into this as I have no models to use anyway, but would be interesting to know. Have you just replaced the default objects with your new ones?

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 01:29
Hi. I got it working properly. I am having 2 animation for open and close. I was trying to animate door open then reverse the same frames in reverse to shut. Just have to add a shut anim and all working. Thanks for Inspiration e30 legend

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 10:07 Edited at: 14th Feb 2014 12:03
Dvader You're right, it is blocky, I've worked out most things on the game design side but video editing is still a problem lol !

I did a full size capture and it was a little over 4Gb in size (way to big for YouTube). I imported the avi from fraps in to Windows movie maker and saved as either a wav or mp4, I can't remember now which one. The file size was a lot smaller and uploaded quickly but I lost a lot of the quality. Any suggestions?

The fantasy weapons pack was just install in the normal way as per the instructions. I would like to say I did something to get them to work but they work straight out of the box

science boy I'm glad you got it sorted, Yes you need to animate in one go.

Example for anyone else interested -

If you have a 100 key frames set up, 0-50 could be set for a door opening, 51-100 would be for door closing. Reversing door opening 50-0 will not animate correctly but would close the door.

This would be added to your FPE file -

If you want your animation to run in a loop, add this line -

These are the basic settings for any animation at this time until we have more control with Lua, just think of it as one big movie and you need to tell reloaded where all the scenes are.

HTH

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 16:03 Edited at: 14th Feb 2014 16:11
I see Well, I do pretty much the same. I only use Movie Maker because I normally edit things up a bit. I really need a better program now, I found the limits of Movie maker some time ago.

I can only think because it was such a huge size it was converted badly. If you don't need to edit your vid, you could try Handbrake. A free video encoding program. It gives lot's of options to set quality and also size. I actually use both of them regularly. First editing in Movie Maker, then compressing more in Handbrake.

I also try to do small clips with fraps, then load them all up in Movie Maker to splice together. Lastly I only record at 24 fps, any more is not really needed for a movie and makes the file size that much bigger!

Hope that helps!

Edit - Just tried those models out of the Fantasy pack, and no luck. There is no option to give them to the player at the start and when I pick them up they just vanish. I even tried changing them by right clicking and replacing the old fpe with the newer lua file. I just end up walking around weaponless. Odd if this worked out the box for you? Perhaps a very odd bug? I do think I tried the sword when I did my Medieval Video, but it didn't work then either

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 17:37 Edited at: 14th Feb 2014 17:38
That's great info, thanks. I was using the standard 30 fps, I'll try again later see if I can make a better job of it.

The fantasy weapons pack install-

1)Install the pack as a standalone package

2)Go to Program Files>The Games Creators

3)Click on Model Packs>Files

4)You should see 2 folders Entitybank & Gamecore

5)Open the entitybank folder and copy the FastasyPack folder into your Reloaded entitybank folder

6)Open the Gamecore>Guns folders and copy the FantasyPack Folder in to your Reloaded Gamecore>Guns Folder.

7)Load Reloaded go in to your entitybank click fantasypack and choose a weapon.

8)Run your game and pick up the weapon.

HTH

PM
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
Awesome looking castle and village! Very well done. Good stuff.
PM
pianodavy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 20:41
Frankly, I think it's awesome. Very imaginative and neatly accomplished in detail. I'm impressed with so much of your layout. The meticulous way you arranged your grass and yet not having it appear something like a modern lawn. The expansiveness of the castle pieces. For what this software is at the moment, you've certainly squeezed out an impressive and inspirational piece of creative work there. My congratulations to you.

All you need is love....so let me have your burger.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I'll try reinstalling it. I have just been copying the entity files over for each update. Never really looked much at weapons before so forgot there may be more needed Thanks!

Oh another pointer about video quality, I tend to use the H64 codec rather than a windows media file. That may also be a factor.

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Feb 2014 22:26
Hey E30Legend just thought I'd throw in how I encode my video's, and yes straight from fraps is a far to big file size but I record on fraps, import and edit in movie make then go save move for HD display as mp4 and upload that. Played around with a few different settings and so far that works the best for me. Still largish file size but gives viewer all the quality options to watch your video in full HD goodness. Oh and I record at 30fps which seems to be smooth. You can see my latest video on scripts page under cash, purchasing ...etc Post, would have embedded here but on my phone sorry.

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page

http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2014 23:06
New video, much higher quality and a few more assets added. There is still a lot of models still not loading in game at the moment.

Many thanks for all your comments and suggestion that help me put this current video together.

PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Feb 2014 23:21
Nice work, would be reducing the distance check for that hidden door but so you have to get right up next to it

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page

http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Way better encode there E30. Only just spotted the new vid. Looks way better now!

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
this is looking awesome E30legend , love the crossbow and everything.

keep it up, but agree the open door is happening from to far away imo m8.

maybe have a prompt that says find away to escape?, then you search about abit for it, would take abit of experimenting I would guess to get it to feel right maybe?. but good work on it all so far

evga GeForce gtx 750 ti boost2.0 2gb gddr5. win 8.1 quad core 4gb ram.
PM
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Mar 2014 17:51
Thanks for all your kind comments and help with this.

At the time of making this video, Reloaded would crash every time I changed the script to get closer to the door button.

This was only a test for a future game idea which I'm building assets for here http://fpscrforum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=207550&b=8 A lot of the models in this video have been remade now as I've learnt a lot since making these.

All my levels are throw away until we can start making some real content with Reloaded.

PC - Windows 7 64bit, Intel i5, 12Gb Ram, 1TB WD Black, Evga Gefore 760gtx 3GB

Laptop - Windows 7 32Bit, Intel Core 2 Quad Q9000, 4GB Ram, 500Gb WD, ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4850
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 6th Jun 2014 18:46
Looks awesome. Great piece of work so far. Good luck with the rest of your level.

System Specs: OS - Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 945, 3.0Ghz, RAM - 8Gb DDR3, GFX Card - 2048MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 640, FPSC-R Version - Beta 1.007
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jun 2014 01:38
In V1.071 we fixed a major LUA bug related to lots of scripts that did NOT have an _INIT function. Hopefully script related crash strangeness should disappear with the update.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 08:25:30
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 08:25:30