Scripts / [STICKY] Smallg's free scripts

Author
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Some scripts like "kill to open the door" not working for me any more after the last update I tried to fix it in some ways, any ideas?"

fixed now, updated scripts found in the original link
https://forum.game-guru.com/thread/207801?page=10#msg2532248
lua guide for GG
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=398177770
windows 10
i5 @4ghz, 8gb ram, AMD R9 200 series , directx 11
Cosmic Prophet
VIP Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Mar 2017 14:43
Wow! Just saw this thread today. you are indeed very talented my friend. This stuff is amazing! I noticed you have a lift script here already.

I'm totally blown away. May I contact you to discuss some other things I've really wanted to build but couldn't, due to Classic's limitations. I'd like to find out if it can be done in GG.

Thanks. Cos.
AMD 6 Core 3.5gh, 16GB DDR3, NVIDIA Gforce 4GB. Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
i've attempted lifts multiple times before yh but those were pre player position commands so always felt a bit awkward to me, would be nice to get a new one done with more effort now it will work better.

i don't spend much time scripting with GG nowadays as i much prefer AGK (still loyal to TGC ) but i can always at least answer any questions, no worries
(you can email me with the email address in the button, maybe just send a pm here too if i don't reply in case it ends up in spam)
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Mipastu
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Mar 2017 13:56
Hmm i would have a question to smallg, Is there implemented a system to dagoreds dinosaurs that they would roam freely in map?
Intel Core i5 6600K @ 3.50GHz ¨ 16,0Gt dual channel RAM @ 1334MHz ¨¨ 2048MtNVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB ¨¨ 465GB Samsung SSD 750 EVO 500GB (SSD) ¨¨ Windows 10 Home 64-bit
gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2017 16:57
Hi Smallg, I have been looking over the AI scripts and wanted to know if you have ever made a AI script or if there is a way for an AI to stop at the end waypoint node before it returns to the starting waypoint with a flag true or false. The idea is if it was going to run another script for a time then switch back to it's original script, carry on its journey and maybe at the start waypoint node too. Lets say the AI was carrying an object item and then returning it to the start waypoint as an example.

Any help would be great.

Thanks in advances.

gd - Ed.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3

A new competition running for GG
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
if you look in the waypoint code you will see something like pathpointmax (can be found in module.combatcore), you will know it's the right part as it also changes the direction of the pathing.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Apr 2017 19:06 Edited at: 19th Apr 2017 19:11
HI G, im using your shops in H.E.Trooper and spotted your inventory scripts (working on new sprites to match the game)
How would i add the items used in the inventory to your shop script m8 plz? can't spot what i should actually add looking through them *tried health and the object name* (then got brain freeze)
Was going to try to use this as my old rpg menu scripts have stuck out toffee crisp wrapper out of my cd rom drive when i try to use them lol cheers
p.s m8 only need an example of say the health should be able to fill in the rest myself when i see how its done
Intel i5 4950 Quad core 3.3ghz AMD FX 6300 x6 cores 3.5ghz(unclocked)
8gb Ram 8gb Ram
AMD Radeon 7570 1gb AMD Radeon HD 6670 2gb
and a well fed mouse on a wheel

I only smile because i have absolutely no idea whats going on
Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st May 2017 06:20
Hiya Smallg, how easy would it be to do a script that turns a neutral character hostile once a certain item is picked up?
It would be very useful to me if that is something you think you could write
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "HI G, im using your shops in H.E.Trooper and spotted your inventory scripts (working on new sprites to match the game)
How would i add the items used in the inventory to your shop script m8 plz? can't spot what i should actually add looking through them *tried health and the object name* (then got brain freeze)
Was going to try to use this as my old rpg menu scripts have stuck out toffee crisp wrapper out of my cd rom drive when i try to use them lol cheers
p.s m8 only need an example of say the health should be able to fill in the rest myself when i see how its done"

unfortunately the 2 scripts were not designed to talk to each other so it would take quite some work to get it working... maybe if i come back to GG at some point i can write a script to sell inventory items but i'm sure you can do it if you try, i know i showed you how to write one before

Quote: "Hiya Smallg, how easy would it be to do a script that turns a neutral character hostile once a certain item is picked up?
It would be very useful to me if that is something you think you could write "

i imagine you would just replace the ai module that's being called by the AI script
so for example
ai_neutral_neutral.main(e)
becomes
ai_soldier_combatshoot.main(e,ai_combattype_regular,ai_movetype_usespeed,ai_attacktype_canfire)
(depending on type of AI character used - above is for a soldier)
and toggle some variable when the item is picked up to tell the script which state to use
lua guide for GG
windows 10
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2017 12:21 Edited at: 14th May 2017 19:36
new weapon pick up script that uses the new raycast command to detect obstacles - no more picking up weapons through walls or on different floors.
*please note this only works with versions with the IntersectAll() command in the global (public preview)*

edit, added ammo and healthkit scripts
edit2 added a note script and key script
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Tarkus1971
Audio Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2017 20:51 Edited at: 13th May 2017 20:52
nice work smallg, yet another set of fantastic scripts. I hope Lee will add to the GG lua guide so we can get a grip on all these new commands.
Aftershock Quad Core AMD FM2+ 3.5 GHz 8GB Motherboard and Processor, A7700k apu, Asus GT970 STRIX 4gb Nvidia gfx card.
King Korg Synth, Alesis SR18 Drum Machine, Akai MPX8 sample player, Roland Fantom XA Synth, Axus Digital AXK2 Digital Drum Kit, Novation Ultranova Synth, Waldorf Blofeld Synth.
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2017 22:37
I'm having fun with this new command, if you calculate a specific distance in front of the player or a moving entity you can use this command in a slightly different way to detect if another entity is in its path. I'm rethinking my designs for all sorts of scripts based on this, e.g. PMs chuff-chuffs could simply look ahead and own a bit to see which track entity they are approaching and react accordingly, I think I may even be able to now add cars travelling over roads as well!

Oh, and the comment in global.lua is misleading, it doesn't return '1' it returns the object number of the entity detected.

The terrain version is also pretty cool as for vehicles you can project a ray out the front parallel to the ground and detect when the terrain rises, this will be really useful for detecting gradients, in fact it will really simplify my helicopter terrain following code and when combined with the entity detection I could probably get them flying around buildings as well.
Been there, done that, got all the T-Shirts!
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
it is nice to actually have a real collision system, movement and bullets can be much more realistic now - friendly AI that can fire is actually possible now (without awkward workarounds)
and yes, as amen said, it returns the 'obj' number (which is the AI version of the 'entity number' - the longer number shown when hovering mouse over an entity in the editor - would probably have been nicer if it returned the entity number (or 'e' as it's referred to in scripts) like we're used to but you can still get it if you really need it anyway)
the IntersectAll command also needs a number at the end which is the obj number for any object you wish to ignore in the check (this is normally going to be the object casting the ray so that it doesnt just count as hitting itself), but you can use 0 to make all objects included.
also turning collision off for an object will also make the ray ignore objects (useful if you wanted to only detect groups of objects or just ignore more than 1 object)
lua guide for GG
windows 10
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2017 19:24 Edited at: 14th May 2017 19:37
Why go zombie hunting when you can make Bill here do all the work?

Just need to work on the enemy AI so they won't ignore Bill... or maybe i just have the tastier brain?

p.s. also added a note script and key script to the post (a few) above with the other collectables
if you need any i missed please let me know.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
playing with water today, not much in the way of available particles yet but not bad for ripples only
lua guide for GG
windows 10
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 15th May 2017 22:11
hi Smallg

i have a Problem with the new ai_wander script , it does not work.
synchromesh suggested i ask you to have a look at the script.
i dont know if you remember the video lee did when he made the wander script with the old ai script.
well , since the new ai wander script came out i tested it and it does not work. like the old one use to work.
the old wander script use to work with out any way points.
this is the original code used by Lee to get the old ai to wander around.

Can you please see if you can use the above code inside the new ai wander script so that when you place an soldier on the map he can wander around by itself and also shoot you if he see you.

thanks a lot for all your hard work.
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th May 2017 23:26
Using the new raycast commands to get entity measurements in game:

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
interesting, do you plan to create your own collision system or something with that?
i imagine it would be quite handy to predetermine cover locations without the need for markers all over the map
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Ertlov
GameGuru BOTB Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2017 22:00
Quote: "hy go zombie hunting when you can make Bill here do all the work? "

Which friendly AI / ALLY script did you use for that?

AMD FX 8Core @ 4GHZ - 16 GB DDR4 - 2xRadeon7950 - Windows 7 Ultimate
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th May 2017 22:15
@smallg, I need to know the size of entities for my pickuppables script. Previously I had to put the dimensions in a list in the script but now I can calculate the dimensions on the fly! (the reason I need the dimensions is twofold, it allows proper rotation around the objects centre rather than around it's origin and secondly for stacking entities and carrying them around together I need to work out if one entity is sitting on top of another such that they are balanced)

I've attached the script but it is a bit of a mess at the moment, I need to turn the edge detection bits into functions and clean up the algorithm to make it perform better, plus I need to store the sizes after I have calculated them for the first time so they don't need to be recalculated.

It has a few limitations, the entities must be level, i.e. only y rotation is taken into account at present and I think it may only work with simple entities, not sure how it will handle complex shapes.

If you think up some more cool uses for this idea feel free to pinch it.

Attachments

PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2017 19:24 Edited at: 18th May 2017 12:15
Quote: "hi Smallg
Can you please see if you can use the above code inside the new ai wander script so that when you place an soldier on the map he can wander around by itself and also shoot you if he see you.

thanks a lot for all your hard work."

try this one

Quote: "Which friendly AI / ALLY script did you use for that?"

one i'm slowly working on at the moment, just not sure how to make the default AI easily respond to it or if i should just write my own - the 2nd method is the most likely i feel. (currently all stock AI works but can't attack back).

have a basic set up for switching his aggro state from full aggressive (like in the video), defensive (only responds to your shots or if you get hurt - i,e, he's only aggressive while you're fighting) or fully passive (will only follow you, if you wanted to just run past a fight).

also a basic weapon set up so you can swap his weapon (though visually we can't do that yet), still deciding how i want to do actually do it in game but it's likely i'll do it at time of pick up rather than giving him some sort of complicated inventory.

will also have to work on a way to heal him once he starts being able to take damage i guess, most likely in the form of telling him to pick up a medkit rather than take it yourself, same as the weapon above.

as it's still early development i will take input on the direction it takes but hopefully i'll end up with something that is easy to use even if it is basic.
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 17th May 2017 20:56
thanks , i have tried it, it works but, walking and running animation is weird it does not flow smoothly.
adjusting speed and animation in properties also did not help.
Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3260 @ 3.30GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.3GHz RAM 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th May 2017 12:15 Edited at: 18th May 2017 12:17
you mean he's sliding along the floor? haven't seen that in the new versions of GG, which version do you use and what fps do you get when running GG?

also i have fixed the swap between firing and running if you move out of range, no more fast swap between the 2 states so he will no longer slide while aiming
lua guide for GG
windows 10
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 18th May 2017 22:19
im using the lasted update, and fps is about 40 fps.
when he walks his right leg keep on sliding when the animation is so posed to be smooth
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th May 2017 18:53 Edited at: 19th May 2017 18:55
Quote: "im using the lasted update, and fps is about 40 fps.
when he walks his right leg keep on sliding when the animation is so posed to be smooth"

ok yes it's just cos the animation doesn't get started again fast enough at lower frame rates (it didn't happen for me as i was running at about 400fps when i wrote the script), fixed for you in the original post above.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 19th May 2017 19:38
thanks will check it out.
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 20th May 2017 15:46
Thanks you Smallg, it works great.
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
third person projectiles

assign thirdp_projectile.lua to all entitys to be used as the bullet - always active = yes and change name to match held gun name
assign thirdp_projectile_decal.lua to all entitys to be used as the impact marker - always active = yes
assign thirdp_projectile_ammo.lua to all ammo pickups - name same as projectiles (+" ammo")
adjust settings in scripts to suit
(see video for full instrctions)
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

gd
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2017 20:20
Hi smallg, great work as always.
I just wanted to know if you would ever consider adding a version number / date to your links on your first page. Maybe highlight in colour which scripts are new or just been updated to work with GG updates and the new AI scripts.

I'm sure some of us are still running old scripts from long term game projects with some of your scripts included and want to migrate to a new version of GG.

Thanks again.

gd - Ed.
Dark Base 900 Pro OJ: Rampage V Ed.10, i7 6950x non-OC, DDR4-3333 64 GB RAM, Win 10/64, Asus Strix GeForce 1080 x 2 SLI mode, Water cooled with an old Victorian cast iron radiator and a industrial leather belt driven fan - That's what you call Steampunked.

Laptop - M17xR3
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
good idea and one i've been considering for a while, definitely as GG evolves it's expected not everything still works or some things can be done in a better way (for example sprinting now we have direct control of the player movement) so eventually i do hope to "refresh" the list with only working scripts but it's not on the top of my list right now... perhaps now the list is so large it would be best to move it out of the first post and recreate the first post with only new scripts... i'll keep it in mind for when i have time.
as a quick guide you can tell by the edit date on the desired post (when following the link) if it has been updated recently or not, however most scripts see very little updates and in general they should still work (though as said, there are likely new and improved ways to achieve the results of some) and i am sure if anyone has an error with a script they will soon let me know

lua guide for GG
windows 10
bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there ive dowbloaded your projectile scripts and decided to try them out but i cant seem to get it to work ive done eveything that is shown in the video and nothing i notice that the projectiles are not hiding themselves i think the decals and ammo scripts are working because i can pick up ammo but when i go to fire nothing happens just get dryfire ive even updated to the latest build but still nothing thanks
bonesy23438
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Add as many decals (or more) than you have projectiles otherwise you will get that issue.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
bonesy23438
Years of Service
User Offline
hi there just to let you know managed to get it working everythings fine now
PM
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2017 17:09
Hey smallg question for you m8, im tinkering with your character waypoint and freeroam scripts both of which are very cool btw, bit stuck with the freeroam as sometimes the characters slide, i read earlier someone else is having the same issue, how can this be solved m8 what line am i needing to look at?
Also im actually not using it for a soldier just a civvie the kind of walks about, stops chats and walks off i've got it sorted for the most part but after stopping and talking they follow the player about instead of just carrying on with their day? again m8 how can i solve this?
Cheers
Great scripts as always
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
@honkeyboy are you using the edited version? (should have loopanimation rather than playanimation calls)
the original request is to make it stop and fire at the player, if you want to post your edited script for the civilian i can take a look at fixing it.
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2017 22:38 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2017 14:22
Thanks, i haven't actually changed it that much atm (was working with your character_waypoint script)
I changed the animations, and was going to try to add a sprite to the convo i am actually going to use both if i can m8 as they both have their own merits
But tbh i like the character_waypoint script without the waypoint if you get me so as i could have a few freeroaming characters that just stop when the player is close and engage in convo. P.s ive noticed in that script that they should face the player but don't is that correct m8?

8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Szabi
Years of Service
User Offline
Smallg you was make a bullet time script for a while,you can update with new ai script please?
PM
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 20:51 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2017 20:52
Quote: "Smallg you was make a bullet time script for a while,you can update with new ai script please?"

it still works as well as it ever did, just doesn't work for the firing part as that's not animation based but try it on melee enemies.

Quote: "i could have a few freeroaming characters that just stop when the player is close and engage in convo"

try the attachment (note you will need an image to use as the sprite and name the character the file name - i'm sure you know the drill by now)
lua guide for GG
windows 10

Attachments

Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 21:00 Edited at: 2nd Jun 2017 21:11
Yes m8 i do thank you for the script I've been hard at it matching images to each character to make it unique love the character_waypoint script m8 very kinda retro and very cool
Edit: works perfectly with the standard soldier but my toon slides so looks like my fpe is wrong lol looks like ive work to do
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
animation 0 is the talking, animation 1 is the walking
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Honkeyboy
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jun 2017 23:48
ok thank you
8gb Ram 8gb Ram

Zero_HP
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 03:38
Hiya Smallg, I just had a couple of quick questions:
I'm using your weapons upgrader scripts, and I just wondered how do I go about a: editing what the money is shown as (ie £ or $), and also how would I go about linking that currency to a collectable? I'd like it to be 'weapons upgrade tokens' or something collectable separate from the other currency system I'm using (as the currency from that doesn't transfer to be usable with the upgraders).
And b: I'm trying to use your gore on enemies script, but I can't seem to get it working. I set it up as described but nothing displays on the kills. I tried adding the blood entities to the similar item drops script (just to see if it would work) and it seems to work pretty much fine, just not on the actual gore script.
Any ideas?
I'm not a box of avocados, Logan
AmenMoses
GameGuru Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jun 2017 21:20

Attachments

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2017 03:05
Thank you smallg. Great as always.

That is a nice addition Amen Moses. Thank you.
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz, 2400 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s), 8gb RAM, Nvidia gtx660, Windows 7 Pro 64bit, Screen resolution 1680 x 1050.

smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
@amen love that, the layout is very nicely done.
now who wants to create a map for mech wars?
lua guide for GG
windows 10
warlock12
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2017 22:56
@Amen: Wo wo wow wooooooooooooo!!! High potential!!! Great toy!!! Felicitations!!!!
The game is a serious thing (El juego es una cosa seria)
World Class Multimedia
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Game Development
Posted: 8th Jun 2017 01:35
I downloaded the ai_grenade and grenade lua scripts and attempted to attach the ai_grenade to a monkey character. I was hoping it would work because I need him to fling poo - and the grenade is the closest thing I can think of (of course, I need to create the 'poo' object to be flung).

It, however, did not work and through up a bunch of errors mostly centered around gameloop.lua and gameloop.dll not being where it's supposed to be.

How can I make this script work or is there a replacement script that would work?

One of the monkey's animations is to throw an object, so the animation is there (not sure of the frames off the top of my head).

Thank you.

Mike
YOU DREAM IT - WE CREATE IT!

www.world-class-multimedia.com

For world-class virtual instruments - www.supersynths.com
smallg
Community Leader
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I downloaded the ai_grenade and grenade lua scripts and attempted to attach the ai_grenade to a monkey character. I was hoping it would work because I need him to fling poo - and the grenade is the closest thing I can think of (of course, I need to create the 'poo' object to be flung).

It, however, did not work and through up a bunch of errors mostly centered around gameloop.lua and gameloop.dll not being where it's supposed to be.

How can I make this script work or is there a replacement script that would work?
"

fixed

Quote: "One of the monkey's animations is to throw an object, so the animation is there (not sure of the frames off the top of my head)."

change line 183

in ai_grenade.lua to match your desired throw animation
lua guide for GG
windows 10
Pink Panther
Years of Service
User Offline
Smallg, tried using the wave_ai script today and could not get it to work. The first wave appears and works but after the second wave appears it does not register when they are killed and the third wave does not spawn. Not sure if I am doing something wrong but I have had it work in the past. Thanks
PM
PCS
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing:
Posted: 22nd Jun 2017 11:36 Edited at: 24th Jun 2017 00:50
smallg if you can help me it would be so nice.

with the old ai_soldier. lua script it was easy for me to understand, i slowly got the hang of it, but with the new script , it makes my head spin. what i want to know is , with the old ai script i could tell the ai to move back to its start position if the player is to far away like this.

now with the new ai scripts i do not know were to start or how to do it.
can you please tel me in witch ai script i must add some code to and were in that script to add it, so that the ai would go back to its start point if the player is out of its view range.

thank you so much for all your hard work and awesome scripts

Pcs.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 07:57:21
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 07:57:21