Feature Creep / Entity placement BB snap to grid on Y axis

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I think it would be really handy for the snap to mode i.e. pressing BB, to work on the Y axis as well as X and Z when placing entities. For example if BB is pressed 'page up' and 'page down' keys move the entity plus or minus 100 units on the axis. This would make it easier to place entities at the same height in 3d space without having to judge this visually.
PM
Thurnok
Years of Service
User Offline
A grid system is for exact alignment, and that should mean aligning to each axis. Though each axis should be separately adjusted.

Your suggestion turns it on for all axis simultaneously, which I'm not opposed to if the grid setting is displayed more "in your face" visually. In other words, if it shows you what state it is currently in more visually without having to try and "move" the entity to see if it is on / off or in 1 / 10 step mode, etc.

It needs to be *highly* evident as to what state the grid is in, so you know whether you need to turn it off/on or adjust step level BEFORE moving the entity in any particular axis. This is so you can have items aligned in a grid on one axis, but not necessarily on another.

In any case, I second it.
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 23:43:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 23:43:34