Product Chat / very slow, bouncy walking/running beta5

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
so alpha .45 was ok for moving for me, but this beta 5 test game walking is soo very slow, and I seem to bounce up and down when moving. this is made worse by running. is this what others are getting aswell?

I would do a vid for this but cant at present.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 07:08 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 07:46
Yes I noticed the hooping walk is a bit strong.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 07:08
me too

mk83 Productions

PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 07:12 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 07:46
What I did notice was odd was how high the player can jump lol

Be cool if in the player marker was setting for jump height.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
yeah?, will have to give jumping a try didn't do that yet.. at present though running a test game is soo slow and hard to continue as it takes forever to get anywhere lol. hope in standalone its not like this but don't hold out much hope lol, but its getting there I have improved fps with this version on highest settings im getting now 20fps instead of 10fps.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 07:39 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 13:09
* Jumping into water doesn't make a sound, only when you walk into it.

* The blood hud doesn't seem to always go/fade away.

* Also noticed the Stand Alone automatically saves to a set location rather then asking where you'd like to save it.

* And when I opened the Stand Alone game it started me inside the terrain in water.

This all after only 5 minutes of a test. I've decided not to include any issues that have already been mentioned. On the plus side im seeing a lot more improvements to my frames per second.

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 09:50
Hi,

What frame rates are you running at? We felt we had improved the walk and running in this Beta. You can change the speed of the player, right click the start marker and set the speed of the player there.

Rick

Development Director

TGC Team
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 12:43 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 12:46
Yep mine was slow as well..

Player speed set to 150 brought it back to what I prefer

Nice to have that option actually..

Anyone making a levels in space or on a moon will find that very handy if you could alter the jump speed as well
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 12:52 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 12:53
Thanks Rick, setting it to 200 makes things right again for me.

What I still find odd, which was also in FPSC-x9... is when you hold forward and space at the same time. Its not very realistic when you constantly jump forward holding those keys. It also causes glitches and even the ability to go through some entities, if you are in a corner and blocked from above. Its an issue that happened in FPSC-Classic as well.

I actually am making a game that takes place on the moon lol take a look at my signature link.

loopster1616
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 14:03
Yes, I am noticing slow walking and bouncing of the character. The walking sound is not great either. Also the new 3D edit controls could be better as icons and not text. I love the floating capabilities. Another thing that is missing is when floating you can not hit shift to move faster in the scene.

Guadalupe Alvarado Jr.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 14:15
Hi

@Teabone - I'll try this jumping forward issue. I do feel we have to highly polish the FPS player experience, it's so key.

@loopser1616, we are planning an icon based editor for edit mode. This is also where you'll be able to access the Construction Kit. I also want the speeds improved and SHIFT should be a standard speed up around all the software.

Rick

Development Director

TGC Team
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 15:01
I'm running and jumping normal. And having around 60 fps.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ok set player speed to 400, this is slow for 400 but cleans up the bouncing enough to be workable in test game mode. shooting water seems to not always make the water splashing sound, getting out the water hurts at times, jumping while in water cancels the swimming sounds. jumping on land seems to be ok for me but not tested extensively yet.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 19:36
My speed is at 100 and it fells right. Framerate by 60 sometimes 50
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 00:05
It seems the framerate is set to 60 max. I was getting around 160-190 with the alpha cadence, but it's stuck at 59/60 now and I haven't really put many entities in a scene. Player movement is much better for me than it was previously. At 160 fps on Get to the River, I was basically at a crawl and bouncing up and down.
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
well I think at speed 400 I should be running around like the flash, but im not.. im just about normal speed give or take abit, this is the 1st time I have had the problems like this which is odd and frustrating lol. the bouncing has got less from a higher speed but its still there also strange as it never happened before either.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 20:01
Lee is still fiddling with the physics system so expect some variations from version to version. The latest BETA 1.005 caps to refresh rate and sets the physics accordingly, but is not the best solution at lower frame rates so the next version will attempt to deal with this so that running and jumping speeds are consistent at all frame rates.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
that would be great lol, its certainly difficult at present to do anything in test game mode tbh I do have low fps on high settings and I like to do testing in that setting to see the difference each alpha/beta brings in

have fun stay safe

hood
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 04:40:24
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 04:40:24