Product Chat / Beta 1.005

Author
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 23:27
Phew, that was a long read!! I found myself nodding a lot during the marathon and I think we've all identified the criminal offenders within the engine in BETA 1.005. We keep an internal list of tasks for poor old Lee to work on when not sleeping, and in the spirit of communication I am happy to show you all the A, B and a few C priority items. I cannot promise all of them will be fixed, but it's the list I am going through this week so if you feel I have missed any, please post in my blog comments and I will add it to the list for you:

A FEW ITEMS ON MY LIST FOR THE NEXT UPDATE:

Frame rate. Better frame rates if possible.

DAVE to write MEMORY MANAGER and integrate into DBP/Compiler source

Physics. Player physics seem to be all over the place of different PCs.

Shooting. Enemy shooting has to be sorted once and for all.

Full compliance with Win 7 and 8 (UAC)

Item limit when you place a item it increases the memory bar when you delete it its still using the memory

Map blink/screen blink I had this a few time I found what fixes it is when you load the editor wait till you see the blue screen

Jumping/flying the jumping and gravity is spot on the only issue is when the game lags it makes the player seem as if he is flying

Lag/low fps when going into buildings

Enemies Walk Into Water still the seem to fall between the land and water the shoot from under the water

Ai wont die I believe this is down to fps also as when I take out a few AI they are ok

Fps I believe it shouldn't be limited to screen refresh rate it seems to cause more problems

Selecting entities on top of other entities not working (cannot select key sitting on table)

Ability to range select within the editor to move/delete many entities at once

Ability to turn off skyboxes in SETUP.INI

Ability to specify terrain size in SETUP.INI and have terrain created to suit that size

dynamic entities fall through the terrain

In most cases the AI has no idea I am there (see HOOD1 FPM demo)

you can not place a character on top of a building

Introduce new QUAD Reducer (load time only - no modifications afterwards)

Script commands for (only if time moving, visibility, sound loop), animate, spawn

Reduce the amount of memory used in core engine and as levels are added to

Raycast terrain for enemies

Shoot raycast use geometry, not bullet polys

Shoot through transparent objects

Stop enemies from going NEAR water boundary (can be a sharp fall off and enemy drops)

Stop enemies from climbing steep hills

Blood splats on enemies some times show as dust

Stop enemies from running on spot / straf too much

Enemies to partrol if they hear a sound from distance

In combat, remove slow inertia

Collect dropped weapons from dead enemies

Enemies to look around when hearing a shot from distance or close friend killed

Enemy to react a little when shot but not dead

Player water splashes

Big entity splashes

Slider for sky scrolling speed

Reset objects in test mode

Cloud overlap issue raised by Rolfy (email send to Lee)

Old levels did not run due to old.dbo and .bin files

DVADER Issues - placing items on table / in buildings

Shooting enemies does not always hurt/kill them

Play loop sound for atmospheric start - and add script to player start to trigger it

Switch which activates(opens) a door

Stand on pad which activates a stone block to slide to one side (move entity command)

In the meantime, thanks very much for your honest feedback and I hope you are finding some small moments of joy as you join us in developing this game creator. I am quite pleased with the amount of work that has been done this past year, and if you need a gentle reminder, you are welcome to read the 250 blog posts from 2013 Now that I've recruited a few helpers, I hope to bring you even more stuff in 2014!

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 05:36:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 05:36:35