Product Chat / Beta 1.005

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 19:54
Any idea when this will be out will it be the 1st or later on tonight?

Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Time for release is usually around 12 midnight UK time 31st (today last minute)

Last release was a little late so some users waited until around 4am following midnight passing I think to get it rather than get off to bed and wait for their awakening.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 20:06
Thanks i will have a look later if not tomorrow it is

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 22:59
Hi,

It's coming! Should be ready near midnight (sorry but software always takes longer than expected).

For now, read the change log info here

Rick & Lee

Financial Director

TGC Team
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 23:05 Edited at: 31st Jan 2014 23:08
Thanks for the update

The maximum number of entities has now been increased (limit is now memory).

This make me happy lol

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Don't care what time....Im going to wait it out
PM
Dunvel
Years of Service
User Offline
Sounds great. Thanks for the update!

Understand you want to test the store a bit more first. And I hope there will be more and more artists joining in who offer their work over the store as well. As a hobbyist game maker I can say that getting models and assets over the store is a key part because some of us just lack the talent to create the models they need themselves and in the past the store was a really, really big help for guys like me.
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I must get into this Model making as well...Any recommendations of software to use ?
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 23:41 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 00:03
Blender is free

3ds Max good but costs alot

there are others but this would be my top 2

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks TattieBoJangle

Will give Blender a look see
PM
SamKM
Years of Service
User Offline
Lee's blog says it'll probably be out around 3AM if you're in the UK, or if you're lucky enough to be in the US, 9PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
OMG !!

That's another 3 hours for me.....Not complaining...But the stress !!
PM
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
I am very excited to try it out (having missed the past couple of alphas), will be able to put my Rift to use and see how that goes too!

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU, NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU, G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Im kind of hoping as this evolves it will eventually contain its own building editor....That would be so cool...and a Bot Builder
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 01:35
I'll keep looking until I go to bed. I'm even more anxious for this one than the last, but it'll be kinda like checking my stocking on Christmas morning if I have to wait until tomorrow to see what Santa has in store for us this time around!
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 02:03 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 02:04
I never realised that Reloaded was on kickstarter .. If I had I would have been there....Thank GOD they continued it.

Hopefully they will make the money they wanted doing it this way..
PM
CyberGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 04:51 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 04:53
Its out ,Er Here

Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3

Windows 8.1 Pro

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
FANTASTIC !!!

Just managed to stay awake

downloading
PM
CyberGamer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 05:12 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 05:23
Beta 1.005

When I try to run (test level button) a test level (Get to the river)

I end up with a black screen.

It seems to be working now after a complete uninstall/re-install.

Amd Quad Core FX-4100 3.6MHz,GTX550Ti 1GB GDDR5,8GB DDR3

Windows 8.1 Pro

RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 09:45
Hi CyberGamer, yes this black screen is the system running out of clean memory. It will be a big focus for Lee when he's back because we cannot have it doing this all the time. He plans to write a memory manager to sort this out. If you read the section in the change log about the memory manager you can see you can turn it off. So maybe try that too.

There are some key areas we will focus on next;

- memory usage (why is terrain eating so much)

- memory management (stop the fragmentation issue)

- physics (stop objects sinking into terrain / floating above)

Hope you all find Beta 1.005 an improvement over previous ones. We know we still have some big issues to solve and we'll not stop till it's polished.

BTW, the mirror server is now running and everyone has been emailed about the BETA. Lots of downloads!!!

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 13:01 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 13:02
OK,

First Impressions are :

Cant run any map created in an earlier version if the contain any content, nor the default get to the river map. All I can run is a basic default terrain..........

Everything else gives me the black screen of death.

I have disabled mem manager in setup .ini The resource meter for that still shows in editor though not maxed at all.

Presumably I need to delete all .bin and .dbo files - manually - and try again and if that don't work try removing Reloaded completely and Re-installing though that still leaves me with old levels not usable perhaps unless I go and again remove manually the .dbo and .bin files which is going around in circles.

If Reloaded is going to need a .dbo and .bin file or any other file cleaner now and continually in the future I should think you should stop dev and do the basics and create the cleaner first as last once and for all. This is much like classic all over again.

You really should not be distributing software where black screen of death is the first thing users have to contend with and see and then have to work out what the heck is going on. This should be checked and not distributed if such is the case. Out of the box its a show stopper and is bad for Reloaded presentation and unprofessional. Install should be easy and work and users be able to get on without having to find out why and delete files manually every time if that's the issue or work out what the issue is.

Gives me little faith personally that we have left classic behind. Mem issues, Object limits, performance issues, black screens and whatever other issues continually creep in. So much constant instability and core weakness.

Anyway I will get on and get my fix if possible however first impressions count and they are not good and keep getting worse instead of better with every version to me at least.

One day it may be plain sailing without issues and problems as one would presume and I will be surprised but up till now nothing more than expected.

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 13:17 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 13:26
I actually don't expect any of my previous maps to work in any new builds. Simply because we are still in BETA and that is expected. There was a saying that gave mention to never start a project using BETA tools, but to just use them as part of your creative processes to help generate your ideas and concepts visually.

I'm experiencing a great list of issues with this build, but again that is also expected with the new features that have been implemented. However it would be nice if some of what we have requested early on get looked at or put into place. The constant jump that occurs when holding the space button is something that was in x9 that i absolutely hated. Also with x9 if you hold forward and space same time and come into content with a corner and a roof, most cases you end up flying through the geometry. This has occurred in Reloaded with colliding into certain entities while this key combination. It also sounds just ridiculous to constantly jump with the jump sound effecting loading each time. We need to have the continuous jump removed and changed so that you jump only when you press the jump button once and not detective if held.

I personally would like the ability to remove the water plane on some maps. This should, I predict, even help with performance. Even if its something that is controlled in a INI file I wouldn't mind. I like that we can load up a completely real flat terrain plane now.

Also pressing the screen-cap button seems to not save my screenshots. Or if it does I cannot locate them. Also realized that this was the same button to change to day and night cycles. So I'm assuming that has been removed? Hopefully that can come back in the form of a LUA script.

wildman4
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 13:58
I received the black screen also. I then deleted the .bin and .dbo files but that did not help. Next I uninstalled the program and deleted all of the previous files - there was nothing there that I needed to keep. After a clean install of the program everything seems to be working as designed. The only error I got was when I did an in game edit, I received a memory error and it reloaded to a default blank level. I think we can expect some of these types of issues as changes/new releases are done.

On a different note: I am looking forward to seeing the store up and running with items to purchase. My skills are lacking when it comes to artwork etc.
PM
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 14:11
Hello everyone,

The memory issues have come into clear focus for us these past few weeks and very much as we aimed to hit the deadline for Beta 1.005. Lee will be put to task on sorting this out as a priority on his return from his Ski break. I think just being away from coding will help him work out the best plan.

Lee did add some cleaning code for .bin and .dbo files but it's clearly not working. I will ensure it's top of his task lists when he's back. Uman, if you don't mind we'll send you a build when he's looked at this to ensure it's sorted once and for all.

Teabone makes a good point. This is BETA land and errors and issues are to be expected. We feel that we should work on the core now and get it rock solid and not aim for any specific date. It's not great if we're releasing builds that set you back (even if they do sport some new whizz features).

This is a full game maker and new engine. This is not an easy development and it will take some taming as we bring it under control.

Keep feeding back what you find.

Rick

Development Director

TGC Team
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The default Reloaded Showpiece level does not run and apparently is "Corrupt" that should work out of the box always as its a showpiece. As to dev levels at some stage they should open without any run issue. You do have a save feature now and so on and more such finished game features coming in so game levels made now should be compatible ongoing unless the save feature is clearly nothing to do with any kind of distribution. Apparently that's whats intended - to give to your friends as said.

That has nothing to do with the file cleaner anyway and if needed one should have one from the start. There is in fact nothing wrong with the previously built levels in any case and they are compatible. That's not the issue.

Having deleted all .bin and .dbo files and overcoming a few other issues I have all earlier version created levels working again their is no issue with them. However as said the default get to the river level will not run and corrupt file error message returned.

Seems the player marker may be an issue and I had to replace the player marker in earlier version levels to get them to work correctly.

Having said that their seems to be some other stuff amiss with the player/weapons - see attached screen shot with incorrect player/weapon display.

Lastly with regard to performance - this version seems to have given me 5fps back after loosing 10fps last version so overall still about on par with the first Beta from last October.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 14:37
I started the download before I went to bed last night and it was creeping along so I went to bed. I woke up about an hour ago and installed it on my laptop and desktop. (I've done this with all the betas so far so I can compare). As a couple people mentioned, I got the black screen and various error messages behind the black screen that weren't visible until I stopped it with task manager. Uninstall/reinstall did nothing as far as I could tell, so I deleted the entire reloaded folder and then reinstalled. This seemed to work, although (as someone said) previous maps no longer work, same black screen, different error message. I can no longer go to the river. I'm gonna miss those guys, except the one with the magic bullet who could hit me while he's aiming in totally the opposite direction. Anyway, I saved a standalone and put on the Rift and it is great! Needs some tweaking, of course. I just made a few trees, a couple tents and a water hole, but it's really amazing. One thing I noticed is the water (is that a new texture?) looks fantastic in non-oculus mode, however, it disappears in the oculus and all I see is a hole in the ground. If I go for a swim I can see close up what I assume are specular highlights, but that is all. Keep up the good work!
PM
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 14:49
First try gave me the "Runtime error 7023 - Limb does not exist at line" (and I was not the only one to have that error). I reeinstaled and at second try had lots of trees and just freezed when loading.

Third try, I couldn't snipe an enemy through a fence. Lee should add an exception to fences, they are not walls, and we should be able to shoot through them.

And characters still move, even if I set them as static and immobile. It's annoying, if I want to "hide" one from the player.

So, I think no new features should be added, until all bugs are fixed. Or will arrive at 2057 and stills have lots of errors.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
my install was incomplete I had to download the directx installer aswell that lee released before 1st beta. but after that it ran fine.

I have noticed though when I set the properties to run as admin it don't like it and I have to manually run as admin each time, not had that before...

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 15:18
One thing I just discovered in riftmode-weapons and ammo don't save (at least the sniper rifle, haven't tried the others). I deleted original build and tried again but no luck. I gotta go to work now so no time until much later to play with it. Have all day tomorrow to play with it too except mowing the lawn, so maybe I'll find something I'm missing.
PM
DennisW
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 16:30 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 17:17
I get the black screen if I just put a player marker on map. The only way it will run is with nothing on map.

Edit: I find that if I run a blank map then go to f9 I can paint terrain add several trees. Tried to add a character and black screen. Same with player marker.

Edit: Tried to run map and add marker when in f9 same thing black screen. Also if you go to task manager and just end task on map it will go back to editor and run fine.

Ham and Eggs Breakfast

The Chicken was involved the Pig was Committed

AGK Community Tester
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 17:22 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 17:24
Save Game Feature :

Apart from two missing textures which could easily be copied across from Reloaded into the saved game folder I have no issues with the saved game as such and as far as I can see with the test levels I have all is good for me other than....

I am not using any enemies at all so don't have an FPS Game and don't need or want to have the player huds showing up and displaying at level/game start up at all so need a way to disable if need be in my case the player health/ammo huds and alike completely for when the game starts. In this version the ability to do that seems to be gone by removing the players heath and lives setting and such in the player maker. Cant do that now any longer.

Yes I know I could workaround by making all hud images transparent but that's not the point. They still need to load and take up memory when its unecessary.

I don't need less memory but more which is why I have no enemies or weapons and such like dynamic entities in level.

I won't be using Reloaded for FPS game purposes at least yet as I simply don't see I will have enough memory or performance FPS to make that viable. First I have to make levels and add buildings and other level design content as well as using the Terrain and so on at least until I completely run out of those Memory and Performance FPS resources and can't build any more.

I will be just making world levels I can walk around and wont add any Characters or enemies unless that proves to be possible later on if when levels design can be completed first though at the moment I would not be able to add much more content to what I already have in levels which is relatively very little. Not sure I will ever get to add many buildings as yet either until the Construction kit comes along so I don't need enemies in the way eating up resources. Thus I don't need the player health and similar huds either.

No big deal with the Player Huds but an option to disable them completely before level starts would be a good idea for those like me if any that may need it. Otherwise its transparent Huds for me at the moment.

m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same problems with beta 1.005 as posted in this thread, black screen and error messages - the works. I now have beta 1.005 running great!

My solution was as follows:

1.Open the ENTITYBANK folder.

2.Use the windows search feature and search for *.bin

3.This will display ALL of the bin files contained in the ENTITYBANK folder.

4.Select all of the bin files and then delete them all.

5.Do the same for *.dbo files.

This is a one time procedure. The process will eliminate all of the bin, dbo files contained in ENTITYBANK including the entity's that come with 1.005

in ENTITYBANK. It is critical that the bin and dbo files in the markers folder be removed plus any entity's you may have installed.

To run "to the river' you must run the RIVER.. file that comes with beta 1.005

not one you have may have in an 'open previous folder' brought over from 1.045.

Operating System: (Windows 8.1 64 bit) Processor: (AMD FX-6200 Six-core - 3.80 GHz) Memory: (10GB) Display AdapterAMD Radeon HD 7570)
Lance
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 20:39
Beta 1.005 needs some work . I deleted all .bin and .dbo files and I did get the 'River' TO RUN . The water shader is way off .Water is very blue.

I built a small test level and it started out below the ground level and no entity's were loaded into my test map (sandbags and tent ).

Frame rate seems to be capped at 60 fps . Slowing player speed makes the player bounce up and down too much while walking . Other than all that I do like it

Lance
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 20:53
We have went backwards guys

1. The ability to place less entity's check

2. Limited frame rate check

3. Character feels like he is on a Pogo stick check

4. Map Load fail Fail check

5. Black screen of death check

But hey at least we have rift support sorry if this sounds cheep but i dont feel we are moving forward or if we do it sets us back with other things.

Get Lee off the slops and in-front of that PC lol

Fane
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 21:42
Hmmm why all you guys have such problems? I have no black screen, map loading causes no error, player speed is normal by 100, standalone works smooth, and so on

One big question, who on earth want a standalone which you can change if you press the TAB key???
PM
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
A few observations:

- On my PC, ever since the first alpha, the jump speed and distance is linked to the framerate. When I'm getting a high framerate he jumps very low, but as the framerate decreases he jumps higher and higher as if in low gravity.

- You can walk up to a very steep cliff and jump with forward key in and usually climb right up unrealistically. Sometimes you also soak through so the camera gets stuck under the mountain.

- I could not shoot through the fence, as if it were a barrier.

- Consider adding VSYNC as an option in the final version so it can be enabled or disabled by the player. Restricting users to a set framerate is kind of a let down, although I still can rarely get over 45 FPS on my GTX 680 so it doesn't affect me much.

- Wondering if the Rift interfaces with the OR Configuration Utility for retriving IPD and related data? http://www.roadtovr.com/measure-ipd-oculus-rift-configuration-utility/ I felt very small and almost motion sick when using it.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Phenom X6 1100T 3.60 GHz CPU, NVIDIA Geforce GTX-680 2GB GPU, G.SKILL 16GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) RAM
m2design
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
If you are doing a fresh install (or you have removed all files from FSP CREATOR RELOADED folder) then you will not have any problems with new installation of beta 1005) Uninstall does not remove the files that are causing the errors.

If anyone is interested....

If you do a snapshot using F10 the image is placed in the following location..

Documents\FPSC RELOADED FILES\my game folder.

They are titled "snapshot 1.bmp",snapshot 2.bmp, etc

Operating System: (Windows 8.1 64 bit) Processor: (AMD FX-6200 Six-core - 3.80 GHz) Memory: (10GB) Display AdapterAMD Radeon HD 7570)
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 23:44 Edited at: 1st Feb 2014 23:48
I tried enabling vsinc and changing other different sets and combinations of things in settings.ini but so much is hard coded that nothing makes any difference I can see. Certainly no better only worse.

Generally speaking apart from a lot of what you might describe as minor issues currently Reloaded would be not be too bad if it were not for ongoing restrictions creeping in and being imposed to compensate for poor performance to the point that many wont be able to make a game, run or play it with the kind of quality, response and user gameplay enjoyment they would expect to be able to achieve. Much like classic only worse as the performance is far worse at the moment if not the visual quality.

User having object limits, memory limits - what happened to the 1.8 gb mem cap that I thought ways were going to be found it was said much earlier (unless I am mistaken) to eliminate or workaround to not repeat the same major issues as Classic had? - Remove, reduce, limit or restrict levels and quality of everything in a game is the seeming only answer for many - Not improve core engine efficiency and the rest of the engine for overall quality and performance which as said I had thought were going to be done and included to offset the mem limit and other such restrictions. i.e. Reloaded was going to be sufficiently powerful and an improvement on previous versions whilst still delivering improved quality and more features which was or is the general idea I presume.

Yes we understand its in Beta so can expect these improvements yet to come I guess. Currently I am at a standstill at around 14 FPS in places where there is a higher level of content, unless I as said turn off all quality and or remove more of what I have in a level which is not much.

No idea why I keep repeating these things other than Betas are for user feedback so I am giving it. Not sure it will or could possibly make much difference.

Think I need a super duper new computer now or one yet not invented perhaps, not that I am going to get one and have no idea if that would make any difference either. It should make some difference but that's just a guess. If Reloaded wont or cant take advantage of a lot more power then I am not sure it would be a fair exchange.

Anyway no worries I am used to having the product on the shelf so nothing new there. That's it from me and will leave others to feedback as they find.

Hopefully as some will point out, this is in Beta so hopefully improvements will come some time later perhaps.

TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 23:58
I agree Uman i don't understand it at all the bar is past half way with me on a blank map :/ so it dosent leave much. The entity limit was ment to be removed but if anything it is worse.

If they fix something it should stay fixed.

Im lucky my fps is ok unless i go into a house or something like that now we need to wait another 4 weeks just for a fix for this :/ i would be good to see a road map as such to see where we will be going down the line.

also i feel this is a must i think we need more support on the forum as it feels like they throw out a beta and we are left to it i know they read the comments but they could passably join in more.

Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 00:22 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 00:24
Theres not much more TGC can do only continue working on it. We all understand its in developmeent. It takes time Yes we all know that.

I am fine with Reloaded if it pans out that one needs a top of the range computer to run it that's fine. It just limits the number of users, games of quality that will be made with it and the number of game players that can play the games as they would expect perhaps. Success for Reloaded as a product : i.e. more pledgers/purchasers, more developers and more and better games made with it is where my thoughts lie rather than my own personally use. I have not used FPSC (classic) for about seven years since similar core issues were apparent so makes little difference to me other than I would of course like Reloaded to be different so I could use it. If not well no big deal.

As I have said many times just reporting my own findings and giving my personal opinion and comment hopefully so it will help if of any value which it may well not be.

Keeping it simple a wider range of and more users and players is what I look for support for so the product can hopefully be more successful to the benefit of more people, Pledgers, user/game makers, players and TGC too. To do that presumably one needs to maintain high quality and performance for more of those people having a varied range of resources and hardware which will always be the case unless we all will eventually have easy access to those things and Reloaded can take advantage of them.

Reloaded is fine as far as it goes. I am sure I could use it for something even if in a very limited way and not build very complex things perhaps.

Still early days yet as pointed out so who knows what the future may bring.

Done this to death now. I have to let it be now and let Reloaded get on being developed. TGC know whats, what. They will do their very best I am sure.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
I understand its beta and im happy to wait for more updates etc and the editor to evolve...

However....The incredible Kickstarter video showed stuff that seems a good year off the present editor we have which I was disappointed about

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tgc/fps-creator-reloaded

Cant we have what you guys used
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 01:22
Omg this is the fist i have seen this and i don't believe it will ever get to that level i will eat my hat if it does but i doubt it.

also this was back in 2012 its now 2014 and it still feels like its just a little better than fps 10

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 01:26
the cap 60 frames stuck. I wanted to see what the performance like with super flat terrain.the point of having vsync in the setup was to turn it on or off. this is dumb.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The 60fps cap if there is one - does not apply so it seems if you lower the quality settings to boost/optimise FPS. Doing so by using the auto optimise when it pops up at least will dramatically increase FPS now and boost the player speed dramatically too which users have brought up as being too slow/fast whatever.

Using high quality settings in a Test Level I can get only 14fps in certain locations I use for testing. Using the auto low fps detected and allowing the change to optimise I can boost the Performance/fps by an extraordinary silly variation amount of around 40+ more fps so in places can exceed well over 60fps and even over 70 in places so its not fixed in all instances but is hard coded I guess.

Now that's a difference I can get from high quality settings to low quality settings of 40+ and that is turning low quality settings/reflections back on from 0 which turns water bright blue to just 1 so that it becomes transparent water again.

Now the rest of my loss of fps at high quality settings comes from the shaders/shadows being at high quality of course by and large. A loss of 40+ fps minimum from 53+ in test location down to around 13/14 fps as said. That's a heavy price to pay for some Shadows. Percentage wise about 75% or so is a good enough guess - whatever its a big loss and burden. The high quality Shaders are clearly a heavy issue with a overly high performance hit percentage wise compared to anything else so it seems.

If you look at the attached screen shot showing low/optimised qualities the scene does not lack too much. Clearly the most obvious thing are there are no shadows at all so that impacts quality badly visually. Much better with them of course. To have any shadows worth having one has to turn on the Shaders to very highest quality and lose 40fps - that's just too much over 53fps percentage wise. The burden of the Shader system is far to great.

One can perhaps manage without full quality entity shaders but no Shadows are so obvious even at great distance. Improving this situation could be a big help to those with low performance issues - and that means a lot of users perhaps I don't know. Yes I know one can have halfway house quality shadows but they are quite poor and still eat up a lot of fps. Even the highest quality shadows are not wonderful looking but at least make an attempt at softening the edges albeit not very well but the cost to performance is dramatic.

MXS
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 02:41 Edited at: 2nd Feb 2014 02:41
no you are wrong reload 1005 is capped to the monitor refresh rate. it says it when you first boot up reload under the tweaks. I could get as high as 350 fps. so there is no way you can tell me I went from that to 60 because of some quality.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 02:57 Edited at: 3rd Feb 2014 04:49
almightyhood Create a desktop short of FPS Reloaded. Then right click on it and go to properties. Click on Advanced then click the box that says "Run as Administrator".

This will fix your problems. Though you have to open this short-cut when you wish to use Reloaded as admin.

synchromesh In the presentation video of FPSC Reloaded on Kickstarter what you were seeing wasn't actually Reloaded yet. Was more of a concept. Either using FPSC Classic with tweaks or DB-Pro. I wouldn't refer to the kickstarter page to get insight on Reloaded has some things have changed since then. Its best to check out the predicted features here .

Uman The issues a lot of us were first presented with with the new BETA related to player speed was actually due to a new feature where you can change the player speed by right clicking on the player start marker and settings it from there. Setting it to I think about 200 sets it about right.

michael x I was expecting to see major improvements by turning the terrain to absolute flat in setup. But I had an average of 27 FPS using high settings (no lightray) and when looking directly into the sky I got a max of 60 FPS. Also with nothing on the map.

By avoiding using the vegetation brush all together and turn off the vegetation settings i find a big boost. I get about a steady 27 FPS with objects on the map. But if I use the vegetation entities I noticed they have a collision box around them.

Must say though if I use lightrays it reduces the FPS by quite a bit.

I did however notice the a lot of memory was saved using the extra flat terrain.

Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Heres a screen shot of the latest Beta 1.05

Mine is not capped at 60fps as you can see at 73fps in this location shot.
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
did all that already seems to of sorted itself out now, not sure how or why it took so long to run as admin from properties the way it did though, kinda strange its the 1st thing I do after downloads of each beta this time round though it just would not take str8 away. but thanks m8 .

im currently running my speed of player at 400 to get close to normal speed ingame though. bouncing still there but forwards motion is abit better now, what coursed this for me I wonder as its the 1st time its happened.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 07:04
Make this a bat file and place in the FPS Creator Reloaded\files\entitybank folder and create a short cut to it. Run it and it will delete all the .dbo and .bin files in all the folders and subfolders of the entitybank folder.

MK83
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Feb 2014 14:20
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 04:41:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 04:41:20