Product Chat / Fun with Old Characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all. This is just a quick video showing my attempts to get Characters from old model packs working. It seems it is not possible yet, but I did make some progress!

Something to watch while waiting for the new update

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2014 16:54
That's about far as I got.

I was going try again tonight but wondering now if I'm just fighting a losing battle for the moment !

PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
It doesn't look as if they will work properly judging from the awkward arm positions! Seems fundamentally different, but then again I could be wrong. I was hoping at the least to get a character working in idle mode. Would make a scene more alive to have a few people idling about. Still, at least she faces the right way now!

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 05:24
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
lmfao dvader that was funny ... I see the rock still falls slow

this beta 5 or alpha .45?

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Cheers all. Almightyhood, That was the alpha 45 release still, so let's hope the physics is faster now. I've been playing with the new beta and apart from a few niggles, it seems pretty good. Still to really test it out yet though.

Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 23:58
That was great! Thanks for the chuckle! My old characters just orbit me and/or each other. I haven't even attempted to try to get them to do anything else. She sure seemed to like whatever was on the ground in one scene. Is it safe for minors to be watching that?
PM
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Why not? She's just doing Squat Thrusts! Still, it was a fortunate error on my part. I was only trying to click the menu, but the bug where you shoot is still in, and it ended up being quite amusing

Thanks for the positive comments!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 22:27
That was funny Sorry for the lack of legacy character support, the animation sets where essentially thrown away and a new set was created for the new Reloaded characters in anticipation of the new AI behaviors in the works. The only way you would get classic characters to work would be to take the MAX file we have uploaded for Reloaded artists and graft the old skinned character vertices to the new bone structure, and assign new weights so that the new animations can be played through the old characters. Not an easy job, and your mileage would vary. Another option would be enabled via scripts when we get around to adding object animation control commands to the script language, which would essentially allow you to playback your own animation frame ranges through the entity, and create your own pseudo-character (i.e. not controlled by the built-in character system). On that note, and to take another step towards decoupling all the major components of the engine from a single coder, one idea we had (of course extending our deadline a little further) is to make the revised character AI system script based, so that instead of some hard coded rules for things like climbing ladders and negotiating staircases (amongst MANY other things). This work is likely to be part of the Character Creator work (also not coded by me) so that we can line up what the characters can do with what the scripting control needs to be.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
devlin
Years of Service
User Offline
@ lee

only way you would get classic characters to work would be to take the MAX file we have uploaded for Reloaded artists .

could you give a link to this file,

thanks.
PM
pdidy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Feb 2014 20:51 Edited at: 12th Feb 2014 21:03
can anyone give a link to the max file uploaded for artists, as stated in lee's post above cant seem to find it .

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks lee! It would be nice to be able to use some older characters as modelling them for me is nigh on impossible! I was hoping to get an idle sequence made so at least I could have some people standing about in scenes.

I haven't seen the max files for characters here myself either, buildings yes, but not characters. not that max files are any good to me I have to struggle with Blender.

Takis76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Feb 2014 00:25
Haha this was the most hilarious video I have ever seen.

This model have a super karate abilities. The new FPSC Reloaded gives special martial arts to the characters

Funny.

I will purchase my FPS Creator Reloaded soon , I just waiting for development to be matured more. It is in a very very early state yet.

I don't know if this is out of topic or create one new post about the future features of the engine.

One think was missing in the FPS Creator Classic was an inventory system and RPG elements , like experience points , levels , magic or mana. The engine will be capable for other kind of games than first person shooters.

The good news are , the LUA Script will allow the developer to create more complex mechanics like , day circle , weather effects ,like rain and snow , or dynamic or real time terrain changes , for example is snowing and the snow covers the ground and the texture becomes white , or its raining and the place is flooding or the river is flooding or the water level goes up , lightning effects or the lightning hit a tree and the tree takes fire.

About compatibility with old models is crucial because a lots of people have old model packs and want their models be compatible with new FPSC Reloaded.

For now the development goes very nice and I hope the Reloaded will be the best game creation engine.

Guys create a new post about what new features want to see in FPS Creator Reloaded. Or I will create the post.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:39:09
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:39:09