Product Chat / FPS Creator confusion ?

Author
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Posted: 30th Jan 2014 13:23 Edited at: 30th Jan 2014 13:31
Can anyone advise me at all.....

Im a Gold member and have all these packs but they are not for the Reloaded version...

I purchased the Focus version of FPS Creator shown below ( which actually led me here )

Can anyone tell me if this is the absolute full version and the model packs will work for this or do I have to purchase a newer FPS Creator ?

I belive the newest version was X10 but discontinued ....Very confused ?

Thanks in advance

[href][/href]
PM
TattieBoJangle
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jan 2014 13:43
If you are a pledger then you can download the new FPS Reloaded from your account top right my account then my order history. Also in time we will get packs for reloaded but not just yet as its still beta.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Ahh Thanks TattieBoJangle

I did see that but when it said Free version I thought it was probably a limited shareware version or something like that...

What was the X10 version all about then
PM
synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Actually that version appears to be the shareware version and you have to upgrade
PM
Uman
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
synchromesh,

If you are a Gold Pledger you should have the same full version access as any other Gold Pledger from you account area - access that is to all Alpha and Beta versions in effect during development and the full product ongoing and when at say Version 1 and again ongoing. Apparently Lifetime Updates? I presume that means lifetime of the product unless a completely new product version from scratch is developed in future.

Other Earlier Versions - Not Reloaded :

FPSC Classic was the original product (X9). This is still available which I guess is what you had from Focus.

FPSC X10 was to be a new more advanced version of Classic based upon Direct X 10. However due to the Failure of Microsofts Direct X 10 to really get embraced by more or less all and sundry in the computing world it was not really supported anywhere much and its life expectancy and support proved to be limited and short and so continuation of the X10 product based upon Direct X10 (and windows Vista initially which also died very quickly for similar reasons being widely disliked) was not viable long term. Sales of X10 are thus discontinued and the product not really officially supported though if you have a legitimate copy purchased before discontinuation then you can of course still use it as long as your computer and Windows operating system will work with it and there is an X10 forum of course at the main TGC Forums location as you probably know.

...Thus when the time had come for TGC to look to the future for an FPS product Reloaded was born so so speak. A new Product version rather than further develop an existing one so the underlying core engine base could be improved and provide a platform for a better product overall from a basic clean starting point as it were, more appropriate to the users of todays needs and with the intention of being more appropriate to the end users practical requirements if at all possible.

That's roughly/briefly the history over around the last 10 years or so.

Hope that helps.

synchromesh
Forum Support
Years of Service
Recently Online
Thanks Uman

I fully understand now....I was only trying to find out more about the original FPS Creator....I have no problems with Reloaded and am exceptionally happy

There just seemed to be so many FPS creator versions I wanted to obtain the last and most up to date version to play with but if discontinued its probably not worth it..

Not a problem though as Reloaded will replace them all anyway
PM
BeanEGAMES
Years of Service
User Offline
Reloaded ftw.

Litesoft Limited
SABRE_114
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Feb 2014 02:14
I have no idea where to ask this so here I am. Is there anyway what so ever to put a Game Menu to my game, and make it download-able? Please Reply as Soon as possible Thanks in Advance.

-Regards

Paul
xCept
AGK Master
Years of Service
User Offline
@SABRE_114, if you are using FPS Creator X9 (Classic) then you'll want to ask the question in the TGC forums. If you are referring to the alpha build of FPSC:Reloaded, the latest alpha relea

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:45:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:45:35