Product Chat / Version 4.5 Bugs and bonuses! Plus I try a custom terrain and play with big rocks!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all. I've been having a few issues with the latest cascade version. Mostly involving a black screen of death when I run or exit from a game. It really makes it a gamble trying to work on a map that is even slightly bigger than the immediate vicinity.

I've also come across an off walking/running issue where you suddenly feel as if you are in jerky quicksand. No idea what causes this it seems random at the moment.

Here's a little video showing you the jerky run/walk, even when things are apparently running at 60 fps. It covers a couple of other issues and I mention the new shaders added in this release! It also has a custom terrain to take a gander at.

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
lmfao dvader m8 wicked vids as always pity on the lack of splash and the fall speed though I agree.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
J0linar
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 21:19
That was awesome to watch :d

especially the flying almost splashing rock

keep em coming those videos

http://j0linar.carbonmade.com/
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 22:03
I've experienced similar issues and posted in the Bugs section of the forums. Lee says he's tackling the issue with the jittery movements. Where it seems like your in quick-sand.

Go Devils
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 02:37
Just loaded .0045 and while I love the 3D edit mode, two things jump out. First ditto on running in quicksand. 004's movement was much smoother and faster. Seems to take forever just to get across the road.

Another observation. Seems like the scale has changed. In 004 the terrains created by the automatic system were far better (more realistic and dramatic) then in .0045. They have a more sweeping landscape look as well as nice flat lands perfect for rivers and coves. 0045's terrains are very bland. At least give us a choice.

While using the shaping tools is good for finishing and customizing the terrain, the 004 auto terrains looked very real. Is there a setting or is it simply different in 0045?

Finally, there is talk of better shaping tools. While the tools are fine, there needs to be some more randomness to the shaping in order to mimic real terrain. Currently the raise shape makes a smooth hill and eventually a pointy hill that looks like a giant tooth.

Looking good!
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks all for the kind comments! I'll be doing more vids as soon as either I get an idea, or the new release is out, probably the latter now

The movement is annoying and I hope it is fixed in the next update. I haven't noticed the terrains changing much yet, but then again, I haven't really looked much at the terrains in this version, concentrating more on the level design itself. Yeah, terrain tools could do with lots more options for looking better, although I think it may be awhile before this is looked at. Of course the real killer at the moment, is this black screen of death that can happen to a level and totally kill it. Sort of puts you off doing any more than a few objects lol.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:12:20
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:12:20