Product Chat / mixamo fuse sale on steam

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
mixamo fuse is a character creator, its now on sale on steam @55% off. with all dlc that's a cost of £41, and offer ends 3rd of feb, this is a good looking software i might be interested in getting i have the demo but not really used it yet for exporting a model.

has any1 got this software is it worth getting and does it export to reloaded does any1 know of??. might be a handy edition to the character creator reloaded will come with later in the betas.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ok so I have been messing about with this demo version, everything about it is not to sad, but when exporting it wont do it to .x. so I had to export to .dae then use blender to get the character to .x, this was all well and good not to much problem the only thing I found was there are no normal texture files exported only defused and specular... so I don't think its much good for reloaded unless there is away to get normal textures out of it aswell??.

I hope the character creator that reloaded will have built in is as good and easy to use as this product if not better

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
BioDragonlord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 17:29
if you use 3dMax it imports the whole lot

Bring It On

almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't have the 3dmax program, it costs money ? lots probably lol.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
raymondlee306
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2014 01:18
Shouldn't be a big problem about the Normal. Xnormal can make them from 3d models or you can use a filter plugin for GIMP or Photoshop. I've been been looking at Fuse to but haven't made any decisions.
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
well im getting alittle annoyed with them personally.. 3 emails today alone telling me to upgrade to the $1500yearly all access version... and it don't support directx formats so I may well uninstall the demo and give them a miss myself.

does look good and works kinda easy but man do they try it on sales wise.

also looked at 3dsmax, its to expensive for me to buy being so crap at modelling lol, and the student version is out of reach also . im to old to goto college and get it that way for 3 years sadly, just don't have £7000 for an intro college course in game design so im out of luck there aswell.

seems I have to wait for lee's character creator feature to be introduced or buy models from the tgc store when and where able/needed.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 19:51
Just for clarity, and to avoid further Lee-lynching, I will not be writing the Character Creator personally. I have an excellent coder in mind to do this work, and my only participation will be the final integration step which ensures the character imports smoothly into the game creation experience. The good news is that the design of the module is well underway and should be a very efficient and high quality character when it finally drops into the engine!

Hogging the awesome since 1999
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
nice, and im in no rush just looking and seeing whats out there for stuff like this.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:36:40
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:36:40