Product Chat / Scaling Entities

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
The splash screen of the alpha release says scaling is in test run, but I can't figure out how to do it.
PM
Sleeping Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2014 16:53
No, neither can I! Don't see anywhere to do this within the entity properties list to scale the mesh. I've spent hours editing the .fpe files with the line scale = 40 (as I have a model pack with every model being way too big). The problem I've found with that is that after I've carefully placed all my entities and save my level they all revert to being scaled 100% when I open the level again! This is VERY frustrating and hopefully it's something that will be fixed in the next Beta release

Slainte!

SW
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 19:40
You need to delete any associated BIN file when editing the FPE file. You can then add a new entity to the level and it will be presented in the new scale. When you enter test game and exit, the new scale will be retained and the collision data will match also. This was tested on the latest BETA 1.005.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Sleeping Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 22:35 Edited at: 10th Feb 2014 23:13
Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be the case for me. I always delete the associated .dbo and .bin files for each model I try to scale. After adding/editing the 'scale = whatever' line in my .fpe file the model can be placed in my level at the size I specified - no problem there. When I save my level and open it up again all my scaled models have reverted back to their original size (100% I assume) and only after selected them individually do they suddenly scale back down to what is specified in the .fpe!

Please see the editor screenshots attached.

I'm using BETA 1.005. Does anyone else have this issue?

Slainte!

SW
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 01:32
Gotcha! I have made a note in my development task list, it should be a quick fix. Thanks for the extra info and shot!!

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 09:25
Being able to resize an entity in the editor itself would be a nice feature

PM
Sleeping Warrior
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2014 16:18
That's great - thanks Lee!

I've loads of models from various sources and they all have different sizes so this problem has stopped me from bringing them into my levels.

@E30Legend - totally agree! That would be the best solution all round.

Here's hoping the Media Importer allows this feature

Slainte!

SW
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:14:16
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:14:16