Product Chat / Issues with framerate (question)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2014 17:37
Hello fellow world builders,

I've started to play with the latest version of FPSCR and I'm having a lot of fun discovering the software. Now, when I jump into the game to test my level, I get the following results.

The software is telling me that I am getting X FPS (last night, I made something simple that gave me over 150FPS) - Yet, despite this high frame, the game world is very choppy and clunky. I can sort of move around but it would be unplayable as a game.

Is there something I am doing wrong? If the Framerate is good, is there way to get the gameplay to be smoother?

Trust me, I understand that this is a beta and I am not complaining. I'm just asking for tips to see if I've covered every ideas. I did play with the fog and such in attempt to make things smoother but that didn't change a thing.

I do have a decent machine. Mainly built for sound engineering but still great for gaming.

I7, 2500k+, 16Gig ram, Nvidia 570, Line-6 PX3 - 8 cpu.

Composer | http://www.reverbnation.com/theflowwithin

Looking for a track for your projects? - MSG me
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I've had this also on occasion. Even though it is reporting a great fps, it seems jerky. No idea what causes it. It seems it is sporadic in it's appearance. I haven't noticed it as such in the cascade version, but I have noticed an odd movement issue. When I was working on my latest test map, I suddenly found my player walking twice as slow and running slightly jerkily. No idea why it did this, doubling my players speed to 200 helped, but it is obviously a weird bug.

Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2014 19:08
Has anyone tried changing vsync = 1 in setup.ini to see if it makes any difference?

PM
Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2014 20:49
I will try changing my V-Synch to 1 and I'll get back with some feedback. I tend to leave my computer on 24h/7 - Maybe I should have rebooted before starting to play with FPS creator?

Thank you for the replies, I'll keep poking!

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I must admit to staying away from editing anything like that so far. Perhaps it might be an idea, as I'm sure I'm reducing my video cards life whenever I use it! It sounds like it is trying to take off at times

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Just a quick note, I went in and edited the setup to enable vsync, and noticed the mouse sensitivity options. I lowered them and now have far smoother mouse movement.

Pozag
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2014 17:34
Awesome!

I'll give it a spin tonight. I've been busy writing music for a project but now I am free!

LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 19:47
I've gone through the code for the next version and ensured that when you use VSYNC=1 in SETUP.INI you will get the frame rate locked to the refresh of your monitor which will eliminate all tearing and produce a smooth execution on good graphics cards.

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 02:31:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 02:31:29