Product Chat / Custom player UI

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 20:15
Heya!

Will FPSCR allow custom UI?

What I'm getting at is, by default, we have a various state that we can present to the player such as: Health, Ammo, Stamina, Hunger and etc. Now if I wanted to make a custom UI that let's say gives the impression that the player is inside space suit with a unique display of the Health and ammo, can I design mine and import it in?

For example:

The current damage effect is blood splash but let's say I wanted to use something different, will this kind of flexibility be implemented in the future?

Thank you for your time!

Composer | http://www.reverbnation.com/theflowwithin

Looking for a track for your projects? - MSG me
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2014 17:32
The plan is to allow HUD images to be controlled via script commands, so that you can do as little or as much as you want, including the creation of a whole new statistic (hunger) which can then be controlled via more scripts in your game. I think this is a better approach than hard coding a HUD overlay system that will require constant maintenance by us and ultimately cause delays in your project. Start thinking about what kind of commands you think you will need to control the effects you are after, i.e. fading, re-sizing, draw order, e.t.c.

Hogging the awesome since 1999

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 01:20:43
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 01:20:43