Product Chat / Editor Perspective

Author
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 00:38
Right now there only seems to be a top-down editing mode, which is very frustrating. In older versions of FPS this wasn't a big deal, but now with terrain sculpting, it can be nearly impossible to determine if an object is on the terrain , partially above the terrain, or other mistakes. Is there a way to look at the scene from a gameplay perspective and edit objects there? If not, will this be added at some point?
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ok this alpha for gold pledgers brings in the 3d in test mode editor, which is being released with the beta at the end of this month . if you have gold pledge you can enjoy this feature now, by testing game and pushing f9.

to place entities in the map after you push f9 push e, have the entities already in the left hand side of editor ready though, if you have not placed at least 1 of each item you want on the map (anywhere out the way is fine) then you wont be able to use them in 3d mode sadly... hope this helps enjoy

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 05:56
I am only a bronze pledger so I can't try this. Seems a bit cludgy to me. Hopefully this will see improvement before the final product is released. Point and click and full mouse controls to place, move, rotate, and scale objects would be nice.
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 09:58
You can place, move, rotate.... entities, markers, lights etc.

use the number keys. Page Up and Page Down move your objects up and down. You can even simply press R to rotate.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:30:27
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:30:27