3rd Party Models/Media Chat / Loading FPS Reloaded Map in DarkGDK.NET

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2014 00:57 Edited at: 20th Jan 2014 17:50
Just wondering where the universe.dbo and associated files are located if that has even been implemented yet into FPSReloaded. I found the levelbank\testlevel folder but cannot find any .dbo files like in earlier versions of FPSCreator. Is there a new way to load maps created with Reloaded into DarkBasic or DarkGDK?

I pretty much like to use DarkGDK.net to write my games but my main goal is use FPS Reloaded to create my maps/lights/terrain,etc. then load the .dbo file or whatever this may have become in the newer versions of FPS Creator.

This worked out well with FPS Creator earlier versions where the dbo was easy to find in the testlevel folder. Is this file replaced or hidden?
Jerry Tremble
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Feb 2014 04:21
I was wondering about that myself. I have used the FPSC levels in DBPro and it works quite nicely! FPSC makes a pretty decent level editor in that respect. It was one of the first things I looked for when I downloaded the first beta, but unfortunately, like you said, no .dbo files. I don't know if this is a temporary thing ( a lot of what we're used from FPSC is only temporarily gone because some things are hard coded at this point), but I suspect the new terrain editor is not coded in Dark Basic. I could be wrong and I hope I am, because the new terrain editor is really good, and with a few tweaks/options it could be great!
PM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:21:35
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:21:35