Product Chat / Physics demo video

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 03:15
Hey all for some reason today i just wanted to stack stuff up and then shoot it down and thought i'd may as well video it, so here it is, you can notice at the second set however when i have a lot of boxes falling and being shot around it does slow down a bit, i might recreate this in an empty level however and see if it still does it, anyway all the non gold pledgers you can look forward to doing this soon

p.s i gotta say all the views and enthusiasm i have received from the FPSCR community has me inspired to keep creating and sharing videos, so hopefully they get better as i go

Just a hobbyist but hey putting together a FPSC Reloaded wiki with links to mods, effects and tutorials, made it fully public so anyone can edit it if anyone wants to help out anyway, here's the link,,,, very basic atm

[link]http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home[\link]
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
hahaha very fun I bet shooting all the box's and watching them bounce about

looks good, I liked the water in the scene you did.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 03:36
lol yeah was fun, kinda makes me want to clean my rifle and head to the range and stack some stuff up....... might even do that later today

Just a hobbyist but hey putting together a FPSC Reloaded wiki with links to mods, effects and tutorials, made it fully public so anyone can edit it if anyone wants to help out anyway, here's the link,,,, very basic atm

Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 03:47
I'm really excited to see all the new physics in place! Thanks for sharing

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 04:01
no problem

AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 06:02 Edited at: 19th Jan 2014 06:09
Sorry for the influx of videos but its my last day off and I'm playing around with windows movie maker so made a fan made promo video for FPSCR, doesn't show anywhere near everything it can do but yeah as i said this was just a play around for me, no more vids again until next beta but i promise

quick and short promo vid for FPSCR

Thanks for watching

looks like i need someone to proof view my vids, just noticed a few mistakes i made one of them being it said "and some my bullet physics" instead of more,,,, whoops

[href]http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home[\href]
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
edit in some water splashes from gun fire and yeah that's a seller , nice work and music!!

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 06:12
i knew i was missing something ahh well maybe when i do a beta 5 video i will remake this with water splashes included and hopefully a new media importer.

http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jan 2014 08:53
just found out that youtube has its own source of music that can be freely used in your videos so now i have plenty of music to choose from for my next video's

http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2014 02:46
I didn't even know you could shoot things and knock them around with the physics system in Beta, but after seeing your video I gave it a try. It isn't working for me so I'm wondering if you can tell me exactly how to do this. I put barrels and even crates in the scene, but even when I put physics weight and friction as low as possible, the best I can get is the barrel to wiggle about a fraction of an inch. The crate doesn't even budge on the same settings. What is the trick to getting this to work?
AuShadow
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th May 2014 03:53
I haven't really tried it in the latest BETA's but i dont think it is working as it was back then since i have shot a pile of stacked up crates with the sniper and had no effect so i'm not sure whats happening there but try placing the kettle down as that still reacts to being shot by most weapons,

PC Specs: Windows 7 home 64-bit, Amd 7900 3gb DDR5 graphics, 8gb DDR3 Ram, Intel i7 3.4ghz

Feel free to visit and edit the public FPSCR resource wiki page: http://fpscrresource.wikispaces.com/home
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2014 04:08
I was finally able to affect a barrel object by continuously hitting it with a shotgun, but the movement is very small and changing the physics parameters doesn't affect the way it behaves at all. Bummer.
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
Physics was 'tweaked' for V1006.. Do you feel that this needs to be more obvious? As in reality, shooting a barrel won't move it .

SC

i7-4770s 3.10ghz - Geforce GTX 650ti
tomjscott
User Banned
Posted: 6th May 2014 15:23
Quote: "Physics was 'tweaked' for V1006.. Do you feel that this needs to be more obvious? As in reality, shooting a barrel won't move it ."

After playing with it some more, I think the movement on the barrel is pretty good as far as realism goes, but the issue is that I can change the physics parameters and it doesn't affect the object at all. So, it appears that these parameters don't do anything. But maybe I'm missing something.
BarZaTTacKS
Years of Service
User Offline
@tomjscott Yes these are the things that I think we should have turned on asap for the competition. These are the things that can be edited to really change your demo for the comp.
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2014 19:54
We have left the properties fields for these as we will be connecting them up at some point, but we wanted to get the AI and more build stability done as a priority. When we look MUCH closer at physics, the properties will be a high priority to get right. At the moment they are set on defaults based on object size and relative force applied from the weapons.

PC SPECS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Intel Core i7 920 (PASSMARK:5008), NVIDIA Geforce 9600 GT GPU (PASSMARK:752) , 6GB RAM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 15:47:08
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 15:47:08