Product Chat / ambience slider/sound triggers?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
so I wanted to make a nighttime map, but ambience does not do much..if fact at present there is no need for a flashlight on my machine as daytime is as dark as it goes for me .. any1 else having an issue with this or is it me lol?

here is a screen shot of the lack of darkness...

this is as dark as it gets for me sadly not nearly dark enough

also I thought we was able to add sound effects to the maps with the sound trigger in this alpha?? I don't seem to be able to either, but perhaps that was beta at end of month not alpha .45

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
rolfy
Years of Service
User Offline
Turn down surface colours.
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jan 2014 09:57
We plan to add an instant night switch to save users having to fiddle around.

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team
almightyhood
Years of Service
User Offline
ah, thanks rolfy nice 1 . cool rick m8 sounds good.

something I have noticed is the flashlight now does not work with medium settings on terrain shader.. it turns off and wont come back until I set the terrain shader to high.

have fun stay safe

hood
PM
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 22:34
The flashlight actually has a performance hit when added to a shader, which is why it is not in the low shaders to save performance pain. Should this code be in ALL shaders, or should we allow LOW shaders to leave out the flash light code for games that do not need them. The danger with having too many shader settings is it might start getting very confusing.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Emrys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2014 22:54
Don't forget to use F1-F5 keys for fine tuning as well

PM
Pirate Myke
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2014 09:58
I like the idea of being able to control everything that can be used or not. Some things I may not want to use on a map level, and like having the ability to shut it off completely.

I say let it stay in the style it is now and maybe give us the ability to shut off more things we might not need, saving the resources for enhancements of other parts of the map like entity shaders and better decals that allow us to have better effects, or more power for AI and scripting.

BTW, The new decal are great, They seem to have a range of distance where they will not show up.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 16:33:55
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 16:33:55