Product Chat / Still crashes

Author
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 16th Jan 2014 23:29
After all the improovements, if I set to many rocks, trees and grass, when I try to test the scenario, it crashes and closes the program. I'm running an i7 2600k, 8Gb ram and a GTX660ti 3Gb, able of running metro last light at full settings. So it should not crash.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
Teabone
Forum Support
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jan 2014 23:49
When you say crash, does it present an error message? Or just close the program automatically - which shouldn't be the case.

also there are a lot more improvements coming in the next BETA related to culling and fixes to distant big objects.

The introduction of the billboard system which I believe uses only a flat plane image of your 3D objects when they become too distant, will help prevent a lot of slugging down.

Also curious how much objects your actually using in a scene? You have to be a bit mindful of your overall poly-count.

science boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jan 2014 00:38
I get the error message when I place a certain amount of entity in game. I was waiting for the new alpha before I said anythng. I get out of memory at line ........ and shut down. I am also using a gtx660.i can not even get close to the medieval castle standard. E30 legend I think. But my houses are enterable so lots more polys.

an unquenchable thirst for knowledge of game creation!!!
Titantropo
GameGuru TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: Diablo III
Posted: 17th Jan 2014 02:05
Actually, I'm using thousands of entities. Lee (or was it Rick?) said once he wanted to see how far we could take it. And what about if we want to creat a jungle map' with thousands of trees? Unless that has yet to be worked ou.

And yes, it just closes automaticaly, no error message.

Here, there and everywhere.
PM
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jan 2014 16:32
Hi,

We do know that the app currently loses memory each time you use test level. We have it as a high priority to track where this memory is being lost. Hopefully, as we improve the stability this will go away in future versions.

Rick

Financial Director

TGC Team

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 14:55:46
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 14:55:46